Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 55 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #811
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer : The Swiss King's Quest For 100 Titles

Federer talking about hundred titles 2:15
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #812
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
no need old sport. we will make some adjustments once he hits title #100.

i firmly believe that he plays until age 41-43 regardless what he says now.
I think he will play mixed doubles with one of his daughters in Dubai 2028 Olympic games. Maybe Damas 2032 if Mirka gives him a son soon.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #813
country flag comesbackatlast

comesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
I think he will play mixed doubles with one of his daughters in Dubai 2028 Olympic games. Maybe Damas 2032 if Mirka gives him a son soon.

Chuck Norris Facts in Tennis - "Best of"!
comesbackatlast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #814
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
So Fed was injured in Rome? That explains a lot...
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #815
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by romismak View Post
I hope this thread was meant as joke, because there is no way Roger will make it to 100. The way things are in tennis world right now he will be lucky to get to 80. He is not kind of player that will suddenly play 250 events like Almagro just to get title, his chances are pretty limited to indoors or medium big events- 500, he most likely won´t win more than 1 slam more and also on Masters it is pretty difficult, he isn´t going to win any clay Masters for sure and on outdoor HC best of 3 anyone on good day can beat him, simply best of 3 is better for upsets. I can´t see him winning more than 2 Masters 1000 per year- even that is maybe too much, also who knows how long he will be top 10 i think 2 years, than age must get to him. His biggest chances in future will be indoors and grass, while Wimbledon is best of 5 and everyone will play their maximum there, it won´t be easy, so he should win at least 2 Halle´s if he will take it seriously. He can win some indoors like BAsel 2x, maybe Paris- WTF if is in good form and that´s it i can´t see him getting above 80...
Mr. Romismak, I just picked your post early this year as an example of why it is so hard to predict what will happen in tennis. Early in the year, right after the Australian Open, Federer had not won any titles in 2012, and your post was not too far-fetched.

Now that he has won 4 titles (2 500's and 2 Masters 1000's) since then before Roland Garros (the most since 2006), based on his play, it's not far fetched that he might get close to 80 this year. Halle, a major at Wimbledon/US Open and/or Olympics, another masters, a couple of indoor wins this year and he'll do it.

But he could get hurt, or suddenly lose form, and not do it. Who's to say? Can he reach 100 or 110 over a period of years? Yes, if circumstances are favorable to him. Will he? Who knows?
None of us has a crystal ball. We are just discussing his chances to do it. It makes for good fun I hope. I'm also happy to see that by and large there has been a lot of respect between posters in this thread and lack of hater type posts. Congratulations to all for that.

And let's hope 10 years from now we'll all look back and enjoy this thread that Mr. CD generously (and courageously) started , and see how close we were in our predictions, and marvel at the amazing career at one of the great tennis players of our time.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 05-29-2012 at 10:58 AM.
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #816
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeVolley View Post
He had made a reference to it at the end of Madrid. Remember he was saying he might not play Rome? Several articles, Bodo, etc. I didn't see anything about which specific part of the body it was:

Federer told reporters that he was taking anti-inflammatory medication during Madrid. "I have to give me a few days to see how I feel and make a decision," he said. "Tomorrow I travel to Rome, and play normally. The truth is that my body hurts after this tournament."

But perhaps it was his chronic back problems flaring up, especially has he had to play many night matches in the cooler weather. That is a fairly reasonable assumption given his somewhat poorer serving at the end of Rome - particularly against Ferrero (51%)and Djokovic (49%).

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #817
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I think I'm a better tennis player today."

Pay your respects to the vultures. . . .

Did you know : the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #818
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
"I think I'm a better tennis player today."

maybe technically better, but slower, with lot more mileage...and about 5 years older than anyone in top 10 bar Ferrer
Old 05-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #819
country flag WhoCares

WhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond reputeWhoCares has a reputation beyond repute

The key is consistency. If he played for 3-4 years as good as now, then he definitely can do it!
WhoCares is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #820
country flag garad

garad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond reputegarad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
The key is consistency. If he played for 3-4 years as good as now, then he definitely can do it!
I know hes good enough to do it if he puts his mind to it and doesn't get tired by the tour. Its just these advocates of Djokovic' greatness that jump at his every word suggesting that he is a better player than when he was in his prime in order to elevate their man that makes me cringe...
Old 05-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #821
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServeVolley View Post
Affirmative.

I wonder if Federer can play as long as Connors did, early 40s?
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #822
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

when will people figure out this shit anyway: we do visionary work at ejacustan for the world to see.

our new motto: visions offered daily. bring only your imagination.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #823
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to talk about this in the thread about RF's quest for 100 titles but if you even tried watching the whole interview he says he's a better player in terms of being physically stronger. That hasn't got anything to do with recovery time and movement speed...

He is talking about how physical the game has become and with that in mind he says he feels stronger and better than before.

I would ask all the proper people in this thread (sth like 99.99%) to disregard stupid trolls from the Noletard type because that'd piss them off more plus there's no point trying to show a rainbow to a blind person .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #824
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

affirmative. legless ejacuzees are encouraged to move on to the next village. no need to stop here to weep and whine.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #825
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

lets take a quick ejacustan pulse on this:

how are you liking Fed`s chances at wimbledon this year?