Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 52 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #766
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer : The Swiss King's Quest For 100 Titles

I think yes, I think we have great chances of seeing him winning a slam this year.
In not his best surface (AO) he made a good battle vs Rafa.
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #767
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i am going to rethink a little. i think fed does have a good shot at a wimby title.

his serve since the last u.s. open has continued to improve to a point where he is holding it nearly 93% of the time. that is simply massive.

throw out the loss in rome. it was an outlier. as i said, he wanted out of there,

his forehand is also back in business. net game is as good as it has ever been. backhand is actually better this year than last year.

all he has to do now is fix that return and he is going to be administering some major pain on the grass.

so if the draw is right and the stars align, he is your man at wimbledon.

lets go ahead and make him the favorite for the title.

now the only question is this: who the hell is the other finalist?
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #768
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I would make RF a joint favourite at Wimbledon only if he doesn't have to battle in two 4-hour fights against NAdal and Djokovic. Last year RG took too much out of him and he was clearly injured/out of sorts for Wimbledon. If he had the form of RG 2011 at Wimbledon 2011, I think he would have contested the final against Nadal. All ifs and buts but that's my opinion .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Looner : 05-21-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #769
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoz View Post
You are asking my opinion? Seriously Wimbledon is just too slow now, so i believe that it's no no. His best(and maybe last)chance is US Open.

and i am rethinking everything right this minute.

i am changing from him making a "solid run at the title" at wimbledon to the "favorite for the title".

now all you have to do is tell us who is the other finalist who is going to get his ass kicked.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 AM   #770
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

enter the great swiss assassin.

clay death the destroyer is now predicting #76 at wimbledon.

read and weep ejacuzees.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #771
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon is so open this year. I wouldn't give anyone a clear edge, Nadal is probably the man to beat there though.. tells you the state of the grass at SW19 these days.. still it is what it is and he is the slight favourite.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #772
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

No Halle?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #773
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
No Halle?

yes.

#75 at halle

#76 at wimbledon

**since i make the rules, i count any medal at the olympics as a title.

#77 at the olympics

that leaves us with just 23 to go.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #774
country flag viruzzz

Okaaaaaay! Relax mate! O___O
I mean, that would be wonderful and even I see possibilities there.
But that was kinda shocking.

Time will tell, as always, we will remember your words.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:53 AM   #775
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Halle is going to be super duper this year, top 3 on some proper grass
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Old 05-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #776
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

i just have this feeling folks. perhaps it is destiny. we have 3 top guns with each having a game that is ideally suited for a specific surface.

and maybe this is the year they remind us yet again of their domination of their turfs. it is certainly possible. also it is just too hard on the average to be able to truly dominate on all surfaces for any one player.

1. the great clay warrior king : clay

2. the great swiss assassin : grass

3. the great serbian slayer : hard courts

Last edited by Clay Death : 05-22-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:09 AM   #777
country flag Fujee

I think Roger really wants the Olympics this year, I feel it being on grass presents his greatest opportunity at this stage in his career. I feel the Roland Garros to Olympic period will see a gradual increase in form, SF in Paris, an F at Wimbledon and the Olympics is the main goal at the end of the summer. I would go on record saying he would sacrifice the US Open for an Olympic gold. We'll see..

David Foster Wallace
Old 05-22-2012, 02:11 AM   #778
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

i like the way he is doing a few things:

1. the serve

2. forehand

3. backhand

4. spending time in the gym

there is more work to be done.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #779
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread bro. Well Wimbledon would probably be easier for him than the other slams, but regardless win or lose, I'm sure one or two slams is bound imminent before retirement.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:17 AM   #780
country flag Fedex

Fedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond reputeFedex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
yes.

#75 at halle

#76 at wimbledon

**since i make the rules, i count any medal at the olympics as a title.

#77 at the olympics

that leaves us with just 23 to go.
That would be awesome. I hope you're right CD.