Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #466
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer : The Swiss Warrior King's Quest For 100 Titles

Ohhh you can never count Federer out of any Grand Slam until the moment is done, CD.
I'm pretty sure he's gonna win another one.
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 04:26 AM   #467
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i am just messing with arkulari. she and i have known each other for years. she understands me.

wimbledon is a possibility if somebody else can get rid of no-djok and the clay warrior there.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 AM   #468
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I think Fed himself can beat both in Wimbledon or Us Open. And i'm pretty serious here.

But wait! I say he "CAN", not he would. Like I always say, Fed can turn into Shankerer and lose like a bitch vs any of them, or even lower players.

But I'm pretty sure Federer didn't say the last word vs Nadal/Djokovic in slams.

But well... Opinions are always subjetive, call me a believer, we would not know until those things happen.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #469
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roger's best shot might be in Wimbledon, because right now Nole is a beast in HC slams.

And don't worry viruzzz, CD and I tease each other but we know we're just joking

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 AM   #470
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

that is ok general viruzzz. nothing wrong with believing in your player.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #471
country flag viruzzz

Oh, you know me Clay Death. I believe in him at the "long-term" periods. But when the match is near, I'm scared as shit.

Every tennis match where one of my favs are implied are a shot of adrenaline in the balls.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:36 AM   #472
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

actually arkulari fed may have his chances at the u.s. open as well.

again a few things would have to go right: he has to gun down everybody in straight sets. and no-djok and the clay warrior would need to falter.

clay warrior is already having knee issues again and no-djok is going to feel the pressure sooner or later.

so chances are are around here and there. you just have to snatch them by the balls when they come.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #473
country flag viruzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
lready having knee issues again and no-djok is going to feel the pressure sooner or later.
You know, i'm pretty worried about Nadal knees.
I think you both would be more worried than me, you support Rafa.

But... Even thinking that without Rafa, Fed will have many more chances of winning big things. I really don't like Nadal out of the big tournaments.
His tennis is different than any of the top 10, and, even if I don't like that, he gives the tournament another aura, another type of player that is needed for any tournament.

I'd prefer Fedal finals than Fedovic or Nadalovic. I think that match has more history and is more important in e history of tennis.
I hope he's ok.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #474
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
I think he even has the most ranking points if there was a 'race'.

Title #74 coming in the clay season. Probably Madrid.
there's a site that keeps track of that
http://live-tennis.eu/race
he does but Novak will pass him if he beats Ferrer.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #475
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

general viruzzz he refuses to practice year around on clay and he says NO to improvement mate. not much we can do. he has his 10 slams and his $200 million.

he has fucked up knees so he enters both singles and doubles in these 2 hard court events. and then he has his practice sessions on hard courts. that is simply too much activity on hard courts in a very short period of time. keep also in mind that he has to work twice as hard as the next player for his wins.

maybe we should stop caring. hell compared to him, we are the ones who are in shambles. he sleeps in palaces and has the world by the balls. and we sleep in cardboard boxes under bridges.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 AM   #476
country flag viruzzz

Okay, I understand your point of view, but I won't be happy with another Grand slam without both Federer and Nadal in semis. They're the eternal nemesis, they need to be there for tennis sake.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #477
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

affirmative.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #478
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

so do we have a verdict?

#74 happens in madrid or halle?

or how about #74 happens in madrid and #75 in halle. i know you like this scenario better.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #479
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon 74 comes in Madrid if he plays at the level he has been. People underestimate Feds credentials on Clay, he's by far the most accomplished claycourter of his generation and probably second best active, after Rafito of course.

Halle should be at least a final, but Roger has struggled on Grass as of late, but that has been in these last two years where his form was no where near its current state.

Wimbledon, really all depends on how he plays, if he plays well he's odds favourite alongside Rafa

Olympics, regardless of form and his success prior, he will dig deep for a victory here. I can see him in the final at least.

Anything after that is dependant on his form and determination. WTF should be at least a finals appearance I reckon.

On another note, is it confirmed Rafa's knees are failing again? I hope not, I agree with Viruz he's a player needed at big tournaments, if you like his game or not.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #480
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

left knee issues exists but it could be better today. we will see.