Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #421
country flag comesbackatlast

comesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer : The Swiss Warrior King's Quest For 100 Titles

Confidence-wise, I think Federer is ready for Djokovic. I remember him after the AO SF saying he wanted to win because he liked his chances to do something in the final.

Quote:
You know, I mean, I was slightly disappointed, obviously, you know, leaving center court, because I, you know, felt like my game was good, you know, and I could have done something in the finals potentially.

Obviously I would have loved to have come through and, you know, gotten a crack, a chance at winning the title here again. (source)
comesbackatlast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #422
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

2011 US Open Djokovic
2011 Roland Garros Federer
2011 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Indian Wells Djokovic
2011 Dubai Djokovic
2011 Australian Open Djokovic
2010 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals Federer
2010 Basel Federer
2010 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Shanghai Federer
2010 US Open Djokovic
2010 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Canada Federer

Last 10 matches are even with each player winning 5 matches.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #423
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i think fed owes him a little ass kicking after giving him the match at the last u.s. open. so some measure of revenge may be at play.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #424
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

I understand the last 10 matches have been split. But those matches other than clay have been on faster surfaces where fed has the most chance. Here in miami its a slow center court. Then at night the humidity goes up from mid 30's in the day to mid 50 to 60's at 7-9pm, which is the time they will most likely play if they both make it to the semis on friday night.

If this were a faster court, yeah of course I'd be giving fed a great shot. I just think the slow court and the fact they'll be playing on a humid filled night will give a big edge to nole. Let's see.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #425
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

so is this surface faster than the RG clay last year? i seem to recall that he pretty much dominated him on that slow red clay. and on top of that, no-djok was the in-form player with all the confidence in the world.

does the surface really matter that much? are you giving players any credit for their games?

it aint about the dance floor with him. it is about the dance.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #426
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
so is this surface faster than the RG clay last year? i seem to recall that he pretty much dominated him on that slow red clay. and on top of that, no-djok was the in-form player with all the confidence in the world.

does the surface really matter that much? are you giving players any credit for their games?

Maybe RG with the Babolat balls(light and fast) and a very thin layer of clay that they rarely water is now fast clay? RG looked like Fed's best slam last year. He looked like the better player of the tournament until he played Nadal. Take out Nadal and Fed wins RG this year. Can't say the same about the other 3 slams. Even if you take out Nadal, other players can beat Federer at AO(Nole), Wimbledon(Tsonga, Berdych?) and USO(Nole).
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #427
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

First of all: You can never count Federer out of the slams. He has proven it in the last USO, AO and RG, Federer is still a big gun in slams, even with the 5-set format and the 2 week of intense tennis.
You can never count him out of Wimbledon or USO, even vs Nadal. It's a possible scenario Federer beating Nadal in those surfaces.

Second. Federer almost won over Djokovic in USO, and since then, Federer is playing way better than 2011, and Djokovic is playing worse. I think it's possible for Federer to be the favorite one and to win the SF match.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #428
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post

Clay is a little different. Let's forget that was the match of the year and arguably fed was playing very high level in the match and serving extremely well. Clay disrupts nole ability to defend as well because he cannot push off like he can on hard courts otherwise he'll slip. Fed moves well on clay and slides exceptionally well. This reduces djokovic's biggest weapon which is his movement and defense. Hence federer has a 3-1 head to head lead on nole on clay.

This all changes on hard courts. Look at the end of the day roger has been holding serve great. He's winning a ton on both his first and second serves. The slow, humid conditions only help nole get more balls in play and give roger less free points. Let's see what happens. Obviously with federer he's always got a chance.

In my opinion, playing nole in a place as humid and slow as miami let alone a night match is about as tough a match fed can ask for against nole because nole will get even more balls back then he normally does and fed will have an even harder time getting free, cheap points on serve.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #429
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

so you sweating bullets and shitting bricks already and you dont even have to leave your house for this match?

a friendly reminder: its fed who is going into battle. you think he will be going in with your mentality?

you just stay put. nobody can harm you if you keep your doors locked and secure.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #430
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
First of all: You can never count Federer out of the slams. He has proven it in the last USO, AO and RG, Federer is still a big gun in slams, even with the 5-set format and the 2 week of intense tennis.
You can never count him out of Wimbledon or USO, even vs Nadal. It's a possible scenario Federer beating Nadal in those surfaces.

Second. Federer almost won over Djokovic in USO, and since then, Federer is playing way better than 2011, and Djokovic is playing worse. I think it's possible for Federer to be the favorite one and to win the SF match.
You can't count Fed out but you can notice the general trend he's shown when a slam match goes to 5 sets. He lost to Tsonga and Djokovic last year in 5 sets and if the French open went to 5 then Djokovic would have won it probably.
Sorry Djokonauts, I am a fan of Federer now. I've learned over the years to appreciate his contribution to the game. No one will ever surpass this man's influence.
Federer ~ The consummate professional. Never retired once in a match. Does not go over the time limit on every point.
Since becoming a Fed Fan I have had 0 moderations
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #431
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

so where exactly does #74 happen folks?

miami, madrid, halle (germany), or wimbledon?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #432
country flag comesbackatlast

comesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond reputecomesbackatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you skip Roland Garros?
comesbackatlast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #433
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

i think you know why. but i will give you the answer anyway:

clay warrior.

he has a stranglehold on the title there this year and the next. you cant stop him. not at a RG final.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #434
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
You can't count Fed out but you can notice the general trend he's shown when a slam match goes to 5 sets. He lost to Tsonga and Djokovic last year in 5 sets and if the French open went to 5 then Djokovic would have won it probably.
Vs Tsonga, I think it was pure luck, Federer played better the first 2 sets, but Jo is a great, great player and he had chances to beat Nole... But 2011 was Nole's year.
What you say about Roland Garros is false IMO, Djokovic couldn't close the 4th set, and Fed outplayed him in most of the match.

And about the USO, even in 5 sets, Fed deserved to win and he choked really bad, like Murray this AO. Things went to Djokovic side this time, but you must be so fuckin blind if you think Fed couldn't win 5-set matches.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #435
country flag zdravkelja

zdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond repute

In Miami offcourse And Wimby will be #78
zdravkelja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote