Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #376
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Centurian : The Swiss King--Roger Federer-- In Charge of 100 Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
With his current game, Federer has what it takes to win Miami.

I don't know about that. Two major roadblocks still here. Night match against nole in this ridiculously slow surface made even slower at night and the rafa potential in the final. You honestly have to let fed beat both of these guys in the same tournament in this hot streak he's on before you can start saying that kinda of stuff.

His chances go up dramatically if novak loses to del potro and nadal is taken out by murray or earlier.
If this tournament was dubai with the court speed that fast and the way fed is playing i would have given him a much better shot.

Still the favorite to win the tournament is :
1. Nole
2. Nadal
3. Murray ( I still give him the edge on this slow ass court especially since he got a w/o and will be extra fresh)
4. Fed
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #377
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Centurian : The Swiss King--Roger Federer-- In Charge of 100 Titles

A bit off-topic from the OT thread topic, but...it since it might influence title #74 for Federer, it's indirectly related.

I think John Isner is the key to the winner of the Miami title, as he was at Indian Wells.
If he can get to the QF against Mr. Nadal (no guarantee, he has Tsonga in his way), I think he matches up very well against Nadal. He's the one player in Nadal's lifetime appearances at Nadal's beloved Roland Garros who took Nadal to 5 sets there, just last year, and Nadal barely escaped an early round defeat. Since then Isner has improved, and these courts in Miami aren't the clay courts of Roland Garros.

These are hard courts, and Nadal simply is not as good on hard courts as clay. Slow high bouncing hard courts help him against some players like Mr. Federer, but won't against the giant Isner. Those topspin high bounces will go right into Isner's wheelhouse, and if Mr. Isner serves like he did at Indian Wells, I don't see how Nadal can beat him. You have to break to win.

If Nadal is defeated in the QF, the door is then open for Federer to stand at #2 in the world with a Miami win giving him his 4th consecutive title of the year and his 74th lifetime. Of course, he would have the task of defeating Djokovic (in all probability) in the semis and the winner of the Isner - Murray QF winner, but that's more probable than a Djokovic + Nadal sequence.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #378
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

excellent post and analysis as usual.

spot on. i am expecting the clay warrior to have major issues with dr hi rise`s serve that comes from the clouds. he saw that serve in the doubles last week indian wells. nadal and company did win that doubles match but he had a lot trouble with dr hi rise`s serve. he could not even get the 2nd serve back.

you cant win if you cant break. and it will put huge pressure on his own serve.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #379
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
With his current game, Federer has what it takes to win Miami.

that time may be approaching mate. title #74 is closer to reality than some people realize.

he has only minor formalities to deal with: one is no-djok in the semis and the 2nd one may not happen. he may not have to face the clay warrior.

there is no way clay warrior is losing to him again. at least that is what i think. he took him out last year here 3 and 2 so he just has to get to the final and take his best shot.

i am 100% convinced that if fed plays his own game and is able to take care of his serve like he has been doing, he will sneak into the final.

bottom line: fed has the title as long as he doesnt have to deal with the clay warrior in the final.

so if fed snatches #74 here then i am predicting that he is good to go for 4-5 additional titles in 2012.

that will put him at 78-79 titles. he will then have 7-9 more years for his quest for 100.

impossible? no. its very do-able for him and i am here to suggest that he has to do this given his desire to stay in the sport. it will also be a good way to stay in the top 10.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #380
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger Federer : The Swiss Warrior King's Quest For 100 Titles

The good news for Mr. Federer is that even if he gets stopped in the Miami semifinals, he doesn't lose any points. So anything else is gravy for him.

Then he has a month off scheduled before starting back up on the faster blue clay of Madrid. He'll probably take a week off with no tennis, rest the body and mind, and then start practicing hard for Roland Garros, and then the all important grass tournaments.

Make no mistake, the grass at Wimbledon is where #1 player of the year will be settled (as long as 1 of the top 3 win it), as it has been since 2004 as someone else mentioned.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Old 03-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #381
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

affirmative.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:52 AM   #382
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic, but speaking of blue clay, I'm curious as to see how it looks .
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:54 AM   #383
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you can find a pic on google.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #384
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I'm sure you can find a pic on google.
Their pics suck balls. Better view would be to watch a match on it. A few months away I suppose.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #385
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
The good news for Mr. Federer is that even if he gets stopped in the Miami semifinals, he doesn't lose any points. So anything else is gravy for him.

Then he has a month off scheduled before starting back up on the faster blue clay of Madrid. He'll probably take a week off with no tennis, rest the body and mind, and then start practicing hard for Roland Garros, and then the all important grass tournaments.

Make no mistake, the grass at Wimbledon is where #1 player of the year will be settled (as long as 1 of the top 3 win it), as it has been since 2004 as someone else mentioned.

Respectfully,
masterclass

I still think taking 6 weeks off when he has such momentum and steam isn't a great idea. He's obviously not injured since he's playing miami. I hope he takes the wild card. Rest is all relative in your schedule. I bet you after federer has 7-10 days off he'll feel a bit weird since he's been so busy and will find his way into monte carlo which is a 45 minute flight from switzerland.

Otherwise he better be training hard during that block off and maximize his stamina/endurance for the clay season and fine tune his clay sliding.
Although, to play devil's advocate the last time he took 6 weeks off circa post us open/davis cup last year; he came back playing all right
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #386
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I found this 'revealing' enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
I still think taking 6 weeks off when he has such momentum and steam isn't a great idea. He's obviously not injured since he's playing miami. I hope he takes the wild card. Rest is all relative in your schedule. I bet you after federer has 7-10 days off he'll feel a bit weird since he's been so busy and will find his way into monte carlo which is a 45 minute flight from switzerland.

Otherwise he better be training hard during that block off and maximize his stamina/endurance for the clay season and fine tune his clay sliding.
Although, to play devil's advocate the last time he took 6 weeks off circa post us open/davis cup last year; he came back playing all right
Wait, I thought it was only 4 weeks. Pretty sure I'm correct as well.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:57 AM   #387
country flag BroTree123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Well, I found this 'revealing' enough.

o.O

Looks like carpet .
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #388
country flag Looner

Yup, bad, bad idea. I hope Nadal strikes and misses this year's Madrid. Best for tennis, him and RF .
Old 03-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #389
country flag BroTree123

Yeah, just read the article. Nadal absolutely hates it with a passion. He might withdraw in disgust...but I think Fed hates it too .
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 03-26-2012, 03:08 AM   #390
country flag masterclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroTree123 View Post
Off topic, but speaking of blue clay, I'm curious as to see how it looks .
Here you go...

Respectfully,
masterclass