Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #286
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Century King : 100 Titles For The Great Swiss Assassin

Interesting. Thanks for your observations.
One would have to believe Mr. Antonio Nadal is still influencing him to some extent?

Edit: Rafael Nadal took over a 1 month break after the Australian Open. I would think that he and his uncle must have been working on some kind of strategy and on improving something. I'm just wondering if someone has seen much evidence of that or heard anything to that affect?

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 03-15-2012 at 06:00 PM.
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #287
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

affirmative general masterclass.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #288
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post

i am pissed that a 31 year old can improve but a 25 year old can be still be so clueless after the beatings he took last year.
If I told you Federer is only thirty how many titles do you think he will get?
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #289
country flag fsoica

fsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond repute

I've not been able to see any of Rafa's matches in Palm Springs due to time zone difference. Can u tell me, CD, why do you see him as vulnerable? The scorelines and youtube highlights suggest otherwise. As you may already know or see from my sig, i love Fed and, indeed, I am happy to see him fighting, but I think it's a long way to go from fighting through illness and against Raonic and Belluci to beating Rafa on this sort of court. So, anyway, what is so wrong with Nadal in your oppinion? Hopefully it's ok to ask that here, in this Fed related thread...

ROGER FEDERER: No, Roger Federer doesn't pull out. Otherwise he doesn't walk on court (smiling).

After losing to Nalbandian in 2005 TMC final...

Last edited by fsoica : 03-15-2012 at 06:42 PM.
fsoica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #290
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsoica View Post
I've not been able to see any of Rafa's matches in palm springs due to time zone difference. Can u tell me, CD, why do you see him as vulnerable? The scorelines and youtube highlights suggest otherwise. As you may already know or see from my sig, i love Fed and, indeed, I am happy to see him fighting, but I think it's a long way to go from fighting through illness and against Raonic and Belluci to beating Rafa on this sort of court. So, anyway, what is so wrong with Nadal in your oppinion? Hopefully it's ok to ask that here, in this Fed related thread...
i saw his match yesterday and it just confirmed what i know:

there is simply zero improvements in his game in the last 15 months. i cant see it any other way mate.

and he refuses to play the right way on the hard courts. its one thing if you are not improving but its quite another if you also choose to play like a coward.

he knew there was no way he was going to lose his first 2 matches here so why not try a few things under match conditions like going ahead and hitting more backhands and making a few more trips to the net for instance.

at any rate, more on this next time.

i will say this: i can see fed improving from last year.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #291
country flag fsoica

fsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i saw his match yesterday and it just confirmed what i know:

there is simply zero improvements in his game in the last 15 months. i cant see it any other way mate.
from what you're saying it sounds that even if the Spaniard will win the whole thing, you'd still be unhappy. But if he will do it by beating an on-the-day below-par Djokovic do you think you will see the big picture diferently?

ROGER FEDERER: No, Roger Federer doesn't pull out. Otherwise he doesn't walk on court (smiling).

After losing to Nalbandian in 2005 TMC final...

Last edited by fsoica : 03-16-2012 at 12:55 PM.
fsoica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #292
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsoica View Post
from what you're saying it sounds that even if the Spaniard will win the whole thing, you'd still be unhappy. But if he will do it by beating a on-the-day below-par Djokovic do you think you will see the big picture diferently?

he will not win this singles title here. i will believe it when i see it. you saw his hard court titles production last year. i dont see that changing this year.

he has almost always struggled on hard courts anyway. and now with diminished fitness and a significantly poor hard court game, i just dont see him taking this title.

i think nalFATian has a good chance of derailing him tomorrow.

and you are right: i am not going to be happy with him anyway.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:16 AM   #293
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

100 is too much, 80 may be

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #294
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
100 is too much, 80 may be
How many do recent greats have, such as Agassi and Pete?
Old 03-16-2012, 03:29 AM   #295
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
How many do recent greats have, such as Agassi and Pete?
don't remember for Agassi, 60? but pete is 64

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #296
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

http://tennis28.com/charts/Sampras_F...ATP_Titles.GIF

Interesting chart here. It's a shame Sampras kinda lost his motivation. If he *really* wanted it, he could have got several more successes in what turned out to be somewhat of a transitional era.

Here's Borg vs Nadal: http://tennis28.com/charts/Borg_Nadal_ATP_Titles.GIF

Agassi vs Sampras: http://tennis28.com/charts/AS_ATP_Titles.GIF

Nadal vs Federer: http://tennis28.com/charts/Federer_Nadal_ATP_Titles.GIF
Old 03-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #297
country flag TennisGrandSlam

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Sampras Era is best 14, but Federer era is Masters-mandatory best 18.

So, it is hard for Federer to win more than 100 ATP singles.
TennisGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #298
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisGrandSlam View Post
Sampras Era is best 14, but Federer era is Masters-mandatory best 18.

So, it is hard for Federer to win more than 100 ATP singles.
But can't he skip like a lot of events due to age and mileage now? I think there's a rule about it.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #299
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
But can't he skip like a lot of events due to age and mileage now? I think there's a rule about it.
As of Jan 1, 2013, Mr. Federer won't be required to participate in any of the masters.

Pertinent rule from the ATP 2012 Rulebook:

1.08 Reduction of ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Commitment
A. A player’s number of ATP World Tour Masters 1000 commitment tournaments shall
be reduced by one (1) tournament for reaching each of the following milestones:
1) 600 matches* (as of 1 January of the commitment year);
2) 12 years of service;
3) 31 years of age (as of 1 January of the commitment year).
If all three (3) conditions are met then the player has a complete exemption
from the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 player commitment.
The first Year of Service shall be the first calendar year in which a player has
competed in at least twelve (12) tournaments offering ranking points.

* From 2010 only main draw singles matches played in the following
events will be used in the player’s match count for purposes of this rule.
  • ATP World Tour
  • Barclays ATP World Tour Final
  • Grand Slams
  • Davis Cup
  • Olympics
Challenger and Futures matches played prior to 2010 will remain on the player’s
record as relates to this commitment reduction rule.
B. A player who is eligible for a reduction of his ATP World Tour Masters 1000 commitment
tournaments must be in good standing with the ATP in order to receive a reduction
of required ATP World Tour Masters 1000 commitment tournaments

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #300
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

thanks for that info general masterclass.