Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #241
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Century King : 100 Titles For The Great Swiss Assassin

100 is asking alot but he would have to have a couple of real good seasons for it to be realistic. I reckon he will end on about 85
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #242
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

I have Federer winning in my draw challenge. But it's more wishful thinking to be honest and relies on the prediction that Nadal loses to JWT and that Nole loses to Murray... Needless to say, Nole won't lose to Murray at least . Though I like Fed's chances against Nole in the final. Nole hasn't been too impressive, though I hope he raises his level.

If it's a Federer-Nole final, I win regardless
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #243
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
well my prediction of murray winning the title at indian wells went up in smoke tonight.

and now for my 2nd prediction then:

Fed for the title here at indian wells. i say the probability of another Fed title just went up.now he will easily be the best prepared going into the final. his only hurdle might be the clay warrior. he gets over that one, he has a good chance in the final.

any non-believers out there?
This time I am not with you CD, these courts dont suit Federer, he wont beat Del Potro, Nadal and Djokovic back to back to win Indian Wells. Tsonga shouldnt beat Nadal on this surface and neither Federer. I didnt belive before, but the draw for Djokovic is wide open and I cant see anyone defeating him now and Nadal got an easy draw aswell, Baghdatis and Tsonga are the only threats I see and they are no real threats to Nadal.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #244
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
This time I am not with you CD, these courts dont suit Federer, he wont beat Del Potro, Nadal and Djokovic back to back to win Indian Wells. Tsonga shouldnt beat Nadal on this surface and neither Federer. I didnt belive before, but the draw for Djokovic is wide open and I cant see anyone defeating him now and Nadal got an easy draw aswell, Baghdatis and Tsonga are the only threats I see and they are no real threats to Nadal.

clay warrior has not played in a while and he is also fucking around in doubles. doubles will make lose his main focus here.

i am not sold that he is going to be in the final. i think fed has a chance. he is the one who is on a roll.

it could happen. anything is possible but nadal winning hard court titles is a thing of the past.

so it comes down to the fed and no-djok. fed had him fully defeated at the u.s. open and he gunned him down at RG.

fed knows hard courts and he still has the game that can trouble anyone.

sure no-djok is the heavy favorite as he should be. he has earned that. i am just betting on the underdogs.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #245
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well my prediction of murray winning the title at indian wells went up in smoke tonight.

and now for my 2nd prediction then:

Fed for the title here at indian wells. i say the probability of another Fed title just went up.now he will easily be the best prepared going into the final. his only hurdle might be the clay warrior. he gets over that one, he has a good chance in the final.

any non-believers out there?
whats wrong with you clay death?
Old 03-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #246
country flag Evitman

Evitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond repute

Since 2008, Fed has won only 19 titles. What make you think he can manage to win 28 more is beyond my logic.
Evitman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #247
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

what up vida.

i am usually on the side of the under dogs. we all know who are the heavy favorites. that is too easy.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #248
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what up vida.

i am usually on the side of the under dogs. we all know who are the heavy favorites. that is too easy.
ah ok.

realistically though, fed beating nadal ... than novak....

a stretch to say the least.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #249
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

i am making my final prediction for the indian wells title.

say hello to title #73 for fed at indian wells.

if he gets into the final, he is taking home the title and i dont care who is on the other side of the net.

who is brave enough to join me with this shocking prediction?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #250
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

i am hearing a lot of nonsense here. courts are too slow. they are slower than slow. they play like clay.

well guess what? all he does is win. so deal with it.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #251
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Fed is sick.
He'll be lucky to get past del Po. Nadal and Nole don't look near 100%, but Fed won't beat Nadal in the semi, if they both make it that far.

If Fed's draw is something like Istomin, Nalbandian, Almagro/Isner, then he can win, but the stars simply won't align.

Nadal looking good for this title, methinks. Hope to see Isner make it far too.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #252
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

not too sure about the clay warrior. i thought he was pathetic today.

and worse, he wont give up his cowardly ways of waging war on the court. his return of serve is worse than ever and he cant stop running around his backhand to hit forehands. that shit wont fly tomorrow. there is a reason why his backhand is hopeless now: he is 1/2 scared to death of hitting one.

i can see nalFATian taking him down.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #253
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

and worse, he wont give up his cowardly ways of waging war on the court. his return of serve is worse than ever and he cant stop running around his backhand to hit forehands. that shit wont fly tomorrow. there is a reason why his backhand is hopeless now: he is 1/2 scared to death of hitting one.

Interesting point. I notice Federer is not afraid to hit backhands these days. The court is so slow he can run around a lot of things, but when he gets the backhand, he drives it, not slices it.
Probably the best shot for these conditions, but it's giving that shot a lot more practice...
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #254
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Claydeath i can't decide whether to take you seriously or not here..... Nadal looked pretty good today, his form is actually in great shape and the conditions suit him just perfectly..... at this point he is the huge favorite for the title friendo. Nadal could be playing a BIT BETTER but honestly his game is looking pretty solid and his backhand is not looking very bad either considering it will never really be a weapon

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:16 AM   #255
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

well we all see things differently mountaindewslave.

i just dont like what i see from him. in fact, i see zero improvements in his game in almost 2 years now.

we will be ok on clay obviously but he is horrible on hard courts. and to be brutally honest, he is going to have to go forward on clay as well.

he is just not going forward enough to show some initiative. his return needs to improve asap if he is to even just defend his points here.