Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #166
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The King of 100 Titles : The Great Swiss Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Fed looked like a man on a mission today out there... too bad the next tournaments are on slow courts...

nothing against andy because i like him but this was a surface that favored Fed`s current game. he was serving well enough and hitting his forehand reasonably well enough. relatively slick hard courts favors his game anyway.

and he was able to take the ball early for the msot part.

he did not play well today but if he had, the score would have been 6-3, 6-3.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #167
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Stop bumping this topic. Roger has no chance to get 100 titles. I repeat: NO CHANCE
Sorry Djokonauts, I am a fan of Federer now. I've learned over the years to appreciate his contribution to the game. No one will ever surpass this man's influence.
Federer ~ The consummate professional. Never retired once in a match. Does not go over the time limit on every point.
Since becoming a Fed Fan I have had 0 moderations
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #168
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

he has 72 now and should have 76-77 by the end of the year.

i say the possibility does exist if he stays healthy, fit, and driven and he play until he is 38-39.

why dont you do the math.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #169
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to be an epic thread, not really because I think Federer will get to 100 titles but because he will get alot closer than most of you expect. In 4 years when he will be with around 90 this thread will start to really take fire.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #170
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

CD, well you were right yesterday, bud.

As Karlovic lended Murray his serve yesterday, I didn't expect the Croat wanting it back so soon.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #171
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy CD.
I was kinda nervous for this match, but Fed did well. 72 is a big number.
Now, you were so confident about your prediction, and you know this is MTF. In case of a fail, all the Anti-Fed army would be insulting you and the Pro-Fed army would call you a jinxer.
But you succeed and you were always IN with your prediction, even if the whole forum was against it.

Well played, sir. You always had my respect, and today I'm so ok with that.

Also.
This thread is a lucky one, we need to keep it up
Old 03-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #172
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
This is going to be an epic thread, not really because I think Federer will get to 100 titles but because he will get alot closer than most of you expect. In 4 years when he will be with around 90 this thread will start to really take fire.

perfectly well put and stated sexybeast. it is amazing how many legless ejaculites of the lost world at Ejacustan (aka asylum, aka GM) are willing to argue with us.

when will they learn that we are the ultimate cognoscente of these complicated tennis matters.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #173
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
I'm happy CD.
I was kinda nervous for this match, but Fed did well. 72 is a big number.
Now, you were so confident about your prediction, and you know this is MTF. In case of a fail, all the Anti-Fed army would be insulting you and the Pro-Fed army would call you a jinxer.
But you succeed and you were always IN with your prediction, even if the whole forum was against it.

Well played, sir. You always had my respect, and today I'm so ok with that.

Also.
This thread is a lucky one, we need to keep it up

you are a class act mate. and you know i am a fan of your style. fashions fade but style is eternal as you know.

i am commissioning you to help me keep this thread alive. perhaps we can get it moved to the chat section after 1000 posts so it can stay alive forever.

i bet people will start to get nervous when he hits 90 titles by age 35-36.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #174
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

even in the un-happening scenario in which he gets to 100 titles, everyone would still say he'd need to surpass connors' record
Old 03-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #175
country flag sunsfuns

sunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond repute

100 titles? Are you kidding? I'll be happy if he overtakes John McEnroe (77) for #3 all time and ends up staying ahead of Nadal. Modern players just don't play enough tournaments every year to approach Lendl/Connors numbers.

I am still hoping for at least one more GS title, though. Olympic title is missing as well.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #176
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

what was the record for connors anyway?

also how does anyone ever surpass what johnny mac has done: 77 singles and 77 doubles equals 154 titles. i think that is one hell of an achievement also.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #177
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Any chit-chat about reaching Connor's record is utter rubbish

Jimbo's record will NEVER be surpassed by anyone due to the current setup of the tour.

In order for that to happen the entire ATP circuit needs to almost cease to exist (which is precisely why Connors was able to do it).
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #178
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
he has 72 now and should have 76-77 by the end of the year.

i say the possibility does exist if he stays healthy, fit, and driven and he play until he is 38-39.

why dont you do the math.
He is not going to play for that long...He'll be lucky to get his last title at 34.
Sorry Djokonauts, I am a fan of Federer now. I've learned over the years to appreciate his contribution to the game. No one will ever surpass this man's influence.
Federer ~ The consummate professional. Never retired once in a match. Does not go over the time limit on every point.
Since becoming a Fed Fan I have had 0 moderations
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #179
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
what was the record for connors anyway?
109 listed by the ATP Players' Guide
Old 03-03-2012, 04:54 PM   #180
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

impressive. connors was a factor in the sport for 20 years or more.