Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles. - Page 117 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #1741
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer : The Mother Of All Quests : 20 Slams And 100 Titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forehandluva View Post
back when federer won wimbledon last year this didnt seem out of the realms of possibility however it looks nearly impossible now. a more realistic target now for federer but still unlikely should be 90 titles and 18 grand slams. at this rate fed will probably retire with around 80 to 85 titles and no more slams, however never say never with federer as people write him off he usually steps up and does the unexpected. this year a slam looks unlikely but next year who knows and the year after and so on. fed could somehow manage to find some decent form by the us open but i think hes playing too bad to win wimbledon imo
If he decides to end his career like Connors, so, he will reachat least Lendl`s 94 titles. But to achieve that milestone, he need to vulture a lot of MM events, and I don´t think he will do that.

I was koking, but I will really like if he chose two or threee ATP`s to vulture in the next 3 or 4 years. Like Memphis, Washington, Stockholm, Newport, etc.
Julián Santiago is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #1742
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

I do think it will be interesting to see if RF plays in places he hasn't played in a long time or hasn't played at all in the coming few years, like Washinton, etc. He might keep the same Masters/Slams based schedule but as we have seen this year, he needs matches to get into a good rhythm at this point in his career so playing some more small tournaments could be beneficial.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #1743
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice if Roger ended 2013 with 80 titles. Imo he can do that. Still it will be very difficult to reach the 100 title mark.

Considering he will play until 2016, he would have to win 20 titles in 3 seasons. 7 titles in 2 seasons plus 6 in the other. That's impossible. Even in 2012 with the great year he had he won 6 titles. How will we replicate that in the last 3 years of his career?! Impossible.

A more realistic and yet difficult mark would be 90 titles.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #1744
country flag Schumacher

Schumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond reputeSchumacher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
It would be nice if Roger ended 2013 with 80 titles. Imo he can do that. Still it will be very difficult to reach the 100 title mark.

Considering he will play until 2016, he would have to win 20 titles in 3 seasons. 7 titles in 2 seasons plus 6 in the other. That's impossible. Even in 2012 with the great year he had he won 6 titles. How will we replicate that in the last 3 years of his career?! Impossible.

A more realistic and yet difficult mark would be 90 titles.
This.

And also 90 titles are very difficult to reach unless he'll start "vulturing".
Schumacher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #1745
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
Fed is as cats he has seven lifes. When you see him looks as dead and in a month he is like a boy at 20.You never know with him ,Since 2008 everyone writes him off and he is still there. it is very interesting Nadal got problems with his knees but they say he is going to play another four years and will win such and such things. How on earth anyone could be sure that Rafa will play such a long time with his style of playing.
This is not 2008 where federer was only 27.
federer is now 32, and his body mileage is maxed out.

Sometimes delusional fan can be almost as bad as hateful haters.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #1746
country flag WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond reputeWinterIsComing has a reputation beyond repute

I think the only major milestone that is still reachable is 1000 wins. Only 96 remaining, if he doesn't retire early he should be ale to do it. But 100 titles or 20 slams, no way. Not that the number of titles means much anyway, with the current ATP rules winning tons of MM events don't give you ranking points so...
Winter is coming...
WinterIsComing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #1747

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to start vulturing some venues. He may ask to a WC for Goatport this year

Hopefully he plays until 2016, I`m not still convinced about that.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #1748
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

100 titles zero chance !!! Can he win 3 more slam, unlikely but possible
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #1749
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

whoever started this thread deserve ban perma
if you have half a brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Fraud's luck is absolutely disgusting.

FEDAL RIVALRY = >>>CLICK<<<
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #1750
country flag xcom

xcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond reputexcom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterIsComing View Post
I think the only major milestone that is still reachable is 1000 wins. Only 96 remaining, if he doesn't retire early he should be ale to do it. But 100 titles or 20 slams, no way. Not that the number of titles means much anyway, with the current ATP rules winning tons of MM events don't give you ranking points so...
This pretty much, unless he starts vulturing Mickey Mouse titles he won't get anywhere near that number. Fed always kept his schedule tight so I don't see him playing (and winning) too many 250s in the future. 3 Slams also seems far off but with Fed you never know, he certainly will have his chances at Wimby as long as he stays fit.
xcom is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #1751
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
100 titles zero chance !!! Can he win 3 more slam, unlikely but possible
That's not necessarily true. Just think about Ferrer's lats season, 7 titles most on tour. Of course Roger won't vulture so he won't get there but it would be possible if he vultured.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #1752
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

over...
Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #1753
country flag TheBigFourFTW

TheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond repute

This seems like a distant dream now.

After Federer's 6-2 6-1 win against Chardy MC 2015:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Glad to have GOAT back again
His honest thoughts on Ferrer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Ferrer is an awful tennis player and human being.
Chris Kuerten the true Fedfan!
TheBigFourFTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #1754
country flag Poirot123

Poirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond repute

Fed won't make 20 slams now, but he can vulture his way to 100 ATP titles. By the end of next year on current trajectory he'll be at the ATP250 level anyway. He could play these for years to come and rack the titles up.
Poirot123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poirot123 View Post
Fed won't make 20 slams now, but he can vulture his way to 100 ATP titles. By the end of next year on current trajectory he'll be at the ATP250 level anyway. He could play these for years to come and rack the titles up.
It will be nice if he vulture his way to 100 titles, he will surpasss Lendl`s 94 titles and 1071 victories if he can do that