New generation (95->) vs Nadal/Djokov generation ranking breakdown - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-29-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default New generation (95->) vs Nadal/Djokov generation ranking breakdown

Ok, some people are losing believe in the new generation and just wanted to break down the ranking evolution of these youngsters vs the likes of Nadal, DJokovic, Murray and Del Potro (the 4 best of the 86-88 generation) the same age and also latebloomer Federer as a bonus:

Kyrgios (most akin to Federer) is 20 yrs 2 months and ranked nr29, at the same age this was the ranking of the players mentioned:

Nadal nr2
DJokovic nr3
Federer nr12
Murray nr14
Del Potro nr9

Coric 18 years and 7 months, ranked nr40 and often compared to Djokovic:

Nadal nr47 (keep in mind, had injury in 2014)
Djokovic nr 80
Federer nr 50
Murray nr 64
Del Potro nr 61

Zverev 18 yrs 2 months, ranked 74

Nadal nr71
Djokovic nr 96
Federer nr 93
Murray nr 164
Del Potro nr 93

Kokkanis 19 yrs 2 months ranked 71

Nadal nr2
Djokovic nr35
Federer nr31
Murray nr35
Del Potro nr 44

So, while time is ticking fast for Kyrgios and to a lesser extent Kokkanis to really proof themselves, people are beeing way too harsh against the very young players Coric and Zverev. At 18 no one expects big things, yet Coric has defeated Nadal and Murray in convincing fashion.

This generation still got alot of potential, Kyrgios could be a really late bloomer aswell. I think in 2-3 years one of these 4 kids might very well dominate the tour.
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #2
country flag The Triumvirate
Banned!

The Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond reputeThe Triumvirate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New generation (95->) vs Nadal/Djokov generation ranking breakdown

Ranking isn't a good indicator these days. The tour has no depth.
The Triumvirate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

It`s not about ranking first of all. Youngsters nowadays either have no all court game or stamina. Sometimes both. Add to this lack of work ethicks and belief against current leaders... Kyrgios is hyped like next god now, but even him had not that impressive result in comparison to best players of their generations in past. Coric is 50% of what Djokovic was in 2006.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:52 PM   #4
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
It`s not about ranking first of all. Youngsters nowadays either have no all court game or stamina. Sometimes both. Add to this lack of work ethicks and belief against current leaders... Kyrgios is hyped like next god now, but even him had not that impressive result in comparison to best players of their generations in past. Coric is 50% of what Djokovic was in 2006.
Djokovic was easily outplayed by Paul Goldstein in rd1 of AO when he was 18 yrs and 7 months like Coric.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #5
country flag Ertl93

Ertl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond reputeErtl93 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice

Alexander Zverev

Philipp Kohlschreiber
Ertl93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #6
country flag svenbj

svenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond repute

2 things I would like to comment from above comments.

#1 Young Djokovic's forehand and attacking game is overrated.

#2 Coric and Zverev are doing great, but Zverev really needs to be in good form now because he's defending a lot of points in the next few weeks.
Originally Posted by JamesXP 01-06-2015, 11:13 PM View Post
Lol, that arrogant little shit who will fade into nothingness like a lot of other overhyped players in their teens.
Quote me on this prediction
Coric will not win a single title in the next five years. Not even a 250.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas15 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM View Post
It's all PR... Someone started talking about Coric and now you guys believe he's so wonderful kid, his highest ranking - 84, Dzumhur highest ranking - 87. The same actually. Difference? Coric made it via wildcards - to Basel for example, Dzumhur had to reach it by hard work, on qualies, challengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjokerLife94 View Post
Just fuck off, Nole.
See you in MC.
svenbj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:58 PM   #7
country flag PileDrive

PileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Ok, some people are losing believe in the new generation and just wanted to break down the ranking evolution of these youngsters vs the likes of Nadal, DJokovic, Murray and Del Potro (the 4 best of the 86-88 generation) the same age and also latebloomer Federer as a bonus:

Kyrgios (most akin to Federer) is 20 yrs 2 months and ranked nr29, at the same age this was the ranking of the players mentioned:

Nadal nr2
DJokovic nr3
Federer nr12
Murray nr14
Del Potro nr9

Coric 18 years and 7 months, ranked nr40 and often compared to Djokovic:

Nadal nr47 (keep in mind, had injury in 2014)
Djokovic nr 80
Federer nr 50
Murray nr 64
Del Potro nr 61

Zverev 18 yrs 2 months, ranked 74

Nadal nr71
Djokovic nr 96
Federer nr 93
Murray nr 164
Del Potro nr 93

Kokkanis 19 yrs 2 months ranked 71

Nadal nr2
Djokovic nr35
Federer nr31
Murray nr35
Del Potro nr 44

So, while time is ticking fast for Kyrgios and to a lesser extent Kokkanis to really proof themselves, people are beeing way too harsh against the very young players Coric and Zverev. At 18 no one expects big things, yet Coric has defeated Nadal and Murray in convincing fashion.

This generation still got alot of potential, Kyrgios could be a really late bloomer aswell. I think in 2-3 years one of these 4 kids might very well dominate the tour.

PileDrive is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:02 PM   #8
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Who is Kokkanis?

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:04 PM   #9
country flag svenbj

svenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond reputesvenbj has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, you should add Rublev here. He might not have pushed through yet, but he has the highest potential peak of all the agressive players born 95+
Lol, that arrogant little shit who will fade into nothingness like a lot of other overhyped players in their teens.
Quote:
It's all PR... Someone started talking about Coric and now you guys believe he's so wonderful kid, his highest ranking - 84, Dzumhur highest ranking - 87. The same actually. Difference? Coric made it via wildcards - to Basel for example, Dzumhur had to reach it by hard work, on qualies, challengers.

Quote:
Just fuck off, Nole.
See you in MC.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:06 PM   #10
country flag DjokerForCYGS

DjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenbj View Post
2 things I would like to comment from above comments.

#1 Young Djokovic's forehand and attacking game is overrated.
No, it's not. Like Coric's FH is underrated, you mean?

Thiem - Zverev - Kokkinakis: the future winning triad
DjokerForCYGS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:09 PM   #11
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Zverev has a serious chance to reach R4 at Wimbledon; if he does it, it will have happened at a younger age (marginally) than Federer and Nadal made their first R16 appearance.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014

Other titles:

Suicide Tennis - Madrid Masters 2015 and ATP250 Kuala Lumpur 2014; 2 finals lost (Wimbledon 2015, Dubai 2015)
Fill-In-The-Draw - ATP 500 Rotterdam 2013 and ATP 250 Geneva 2015
Tennis-Tipping - Vicenza CH 2014 and Todi CH 2014 (with vn01); 5 finals lost
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #12
country flag svenbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjokerForCYGS View Post
No, it's not. Like Coric's FH is underrated, you mean?

I don't want to dicuss Djokovic with you. You're the one that says Djokovic is an agressive shotmaker.
Quote:

Quote:
Just fuck off, Nole.
See you in MC.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #13

DjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerForCYGS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenbj View Post
I don't want to dicuss Djokovic with you. You're the one that says Djokovic is an agressive shotmaker.
Yes, you are really confused. That is namely chico.

Let's get it clear, I readily acknowledge that Novak has not played his best in all of his big matches since 2012, that he tried to push often which he should have avoided.
Still no need to discredit his early resumé.

Last edited by DjokerForCYGS : 06-29-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:22 PM   #14
country flag sexybeast

andrey rublev 17 yrs 8 months, rnked 207:

Murray 420
Federer 124
Nadal 40
djokovic 188
Old 06-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Zverev has a serious chance to reach R4 at Wimbledon; if he does it, it will have happened at a younger age (marginally) than Federer and Nadal made their first R16 appearance.
At this point I rate Zverev's and Kyrgios' chances the highest for a really successful career at the top of the game.