Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is it a burden?

No way, im not a narcisist, im always happy if a guy likes me! 1 7.69%
Yes, a real burden, just ruins the friendship a lot of the time 10 76.92%
No guy friend has ever told me that 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #61
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
It's the only picture I have about a guy talking to me on the street A guy talking to me on the street is always a guy talking to me on the street, I don't see anything else.
It is your personal opinion and reaction, but MOST girls are not like this from my experience. Most girls appreciate being approached on the street. Hell, they even dream of it some have told me. A guy who has the balls to do it. A guy who is not drunk and who is charismatic. That is refreshing. Maybe in the Czech Republic it is different, but I have heard good things about approaching Czech girls on the street, especially in Prague. Streets are a wonderful place to get into conversations with people and it comes off as more genuine.

Quote:
I on the contrary have never heard about a couple that would meet this way. It's always "I worked with her mother" or "a friend introduced us at a party".
You just don't know it any different like most people. That's it. Judging by your long post from the previous page, you seem to deal a lot with drunk and needy guys. I don't understand how this is good for you.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #62
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I'm actually sitting near to that girl now that I told I liked and I said hi and got no reply and now she an her friends are talking with each other like I never exist. Good fucked up shit.
That is a normal reaction from girls. They try to test your persistence and masculinity. You even have it in clubs very often.

Your reaction is typical for most guys. You thought you fucked up and give up.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #63
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

I think 2003 should stop starting threads.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #64
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
That is a normal reaction from girls. They try to test your persistence and masculinity. You even have it in clubs very often.

Your reaction is typical for most guys. You thought you fucked up and give up.
Mr.Collins agrees with you @2.52 onwards

This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #65
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Mr.Collins agrees with you @2.52 onwards

He is creepy. Thanks for sharing, though.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #66
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He is creepy. Thanks for sharing, though.
That is besides the point. If you listen carefully, he shares some of your views.
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #67
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
It will be released the same day as Bilbo's ultimate sex bible. Wonder who will sell more copies in the opening week...?

Ajde.
None will reach the My 1st Grand Slam levels, anyway.

Ajde.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #68
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is your personal opinion and reaction, but MOST girls are not like this from my experience. Most girls appreciate being approached on the street. Hell, they even dream of it some have told me. A guy who has the balls to do it. A guy who is not drunk and who is charismatic. That is refreshing. Maybe in the Czech Republic it is different, but I have heard good things about approaching Czech girls on the street, especially in Prague. Streets are a wonderful place to get into conversations with people and it comes off as more genuine.

You just don't know it any different like most people. That's it. Judging by your long post from the previous page, you seem to deal a lot with drunk and needy guys. I don't understand how this is good for you.
Prague is maybe different, because they are used to foreigners there. And yes, if you are a foreigner, you have an advantage - we are curious and tell ourselves that maybe in your country it is normal to do it like this. But the city I live in is not the prettiest and safest in the world, and people here are generally suspicious. But I can't imagine a situation in which this wouldn't come out as awkward here, because we don't just normally hang out on the streets (I heard some South Americans who came here surprised that we were "indoor types", they were used to people going out a lot and spending time outside, while we tend to stay inside, either in clubs, restaurants, cafés, or home... not out on the streets, actually in this city when the shops close at 7 pm, the streets are almost empty).

If I deal with drunk and needy guys... yes, most of my classmates at high school were like that. But they were friends, I was a part of the "gang", I wasn't looking for a relationship with any of them. And as friends, I don't mind these. My boyfriends were nor drunk nor needy. Yet they never made the first step, it was always me. Not all the guys can be confident, and I don't think that the ones who are shy are somewhat inferior to the confident ones. I actually prefer shy guys to the over-confident ones. I don't mind doing the first step, the times when women were supposed to sit and wait until being picked up are long gone. If I was waiting for the guys to make the first step, I would feel like I had no control of my life, because the choice would be entirely up to the guy. The first step should be made by whichever of the two finds courage sooner, but there is no rule that it should be the guy. This "rule" for me belongs to these "guys always pay" ones.
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #69
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
That is besides the point. If you listen carefully, he shares some of your views.
I guess you mean that she is testing his persistence.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #70
country flag tennizen

Quote:
I guess you mean that she is testing his persistence.
Yes. In this case, he fails but the theory is solid because he is successful with the next person he tries it on.
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #71
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is absolutely needy behavior and does not get you far with women. You should not wait for a woman to give you signs. As a man you must always take the lead.

I approach women on the street who have never seen me before and I immediately state my interest in her.
Classic Bilbo logic. I'm sorry if this sounds brash, don't mean to offend your dominant male sensibilities , but do you even listen to yourself?
You don't think that trying to get the attention of dozens/hundreds/etc of women, that you've never seen in your life and know nothing about, randomly on the street, thinking about what women want and what women think and what you should do and what you shouldn't do in regards to women all the time and trying to change your natural personality to accomodate your conclusions/some mental construct of what some generic woman is about is needy behaviour?
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #72
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Prague is maybe different, because they are used to foreigners there. And yes, if you are a foreigner, you have an advantage - we are curious and tell ourselves that maybe in your country it is normal to do it like this. But the city I live in is not the prettiest and safest in the world, and people here are generally suspicious. But I can't imagine a situation in which this wouldn't come out as awkward here, because we don't just normally hang out on the streets (I heard some South Americans who came here surprised that we were "indoor types", they were used to people going out a lot and spending time outside, while we tend to stay inside, either in clubs, restaurants, cafés, or home... not out on the streets, actually in this city when the shops close at 7 pm, the streets are almost empty).
There are cultural differences of course and small cities or villages are not good locations to approach women on the street, because everyone knows you in a short amount of time. In a big city, if I fuck up, the chance to see her again is very small. Even with 3.5 million people I have met several girls at day and night who I have already approached Sometimes I see the same girl 3 or 4 times during the same day, especially when they go shopping

Quote:
If I deal with drunk and needy guys... yes, most of my classmates at high school were like that. But they were friends, I was a part of the "gang", I wasn't looking for a relationship with any of them. And as friends, I don't mind these.
If someone calls me 29 times a day, I would probably dumb his ass. A guy calling a girl 3 times a day is already bad, let alone 29 times. This is horrible and needy as hell. Does not matter if he is your friend or not.

Quote:
My boyfriends were nor drunk nor needy. Yet they never made the first step, it was always me. Not all the guys can be confident, and I don't think that the ones who are shy are somewhat inferior to the confident ones. I actually prefer shy guys to the over-confident ones.
They are lucky ones. I never get approached from girls I am interested the most. I have to do all the work. I only get approached from girls I don't find attractive, especially in my daily life. In clubs it can be different, though.

Quote:
I don't mind doing the first step, the times when women were supposed to sit and wait until being picked up are long gone.
It is still only a small percentage of girls who do that. I know that you approach guys, because I have always perceived you as a confident girl. However, as a man you should never wait and better take action. It is better to take action and get rejected than doing nothing at all and never know the answer. I have experienced it so many times and was biting myself in the ass for not doing it, even many weeks later. It is not a good feeling.

Quote:
If I was waiting for the guys to make the first step, I would feel like I had no control of my life, because the choice would be entirely up to the guy. The first step should be made by whichever of the two finds courage sooner, but there is no rule that it should be the guy. This "rule" for me belongs to these "guys always pay" ones.
That is why I approach girls at any time and anywhere when I find her attractive. This way I feel more in control of my own life.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #73
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
Classic Bilbo logic. I'm sorry if this sounds brash, don't mean to offend your dominant male sensibilities , but do you even listen to yourself?
You don't think that trying to get the attention of dozens/hundreds/etc of women, that you've never seen in your life and know nothing about, randomly on the street, thinking about what women want and what women think and what you should do and what you shouldn't do in regards to women all the time and trying to change your natural personality to accomodate your conclusions/some mental construct of what some generic woman is about is needy behaviour?
Maya, learn the definition of needy first and then come back for more. Approaching a woman who I like is the opposite of needy behavior, because I give her the chance to reject me. This means, I value my own opinion of myself above hers. I don't care if she rejects me, but I also give her the opportunity to get to know me. Needy behavior would be to NOT approach her. This is a point nearly everyone understands wrong. Most people think when a guy approaches a lot of girls who he has genuine interest in, that he is needy and a player, but the opposite is true. Assuming his intentions are always genuine. This is important and brings us to your next point.

Changing your personality for someone else would be needy, yes. But who said I do this? It is my priority to be natural and honest with women. Either she likes me for who I am or not.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #74
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maya, learn the definition of needy first and then come back for more. Approaching a woman who I like is the opposite of needy behavior, because I give her the chance to reject me. This means, I value my own opinion of myself above hers. I don't care if she rejects me, but I also give her the opportunity to get to know me. Needy behavior would be to NOT approach her. This is a point nearly everyone understands wrong. Most people think when a guy approaches a lot of girls who he has genuine interest in, that he is needy and a player, but the opposite is true. But it has to be always genuine. This is important and brings us to your next point.

Changing your personality for someone else would be needy, yes. But who said I do this? It is my priority to be natural and honest with women. Either she likes me for who I am or not.
You should put down those pop psychology books you seem to be getting all this crap from and read an actual formal psychology book, by a well-respected professional psychologist who doesn't specialize in "the Game" and operate out of Vegas.

I went out of my way and MWed needy for you, because I care.
needy, adj \ˈnē-dē\: marked by want of affection, attention, or emotional support
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #75
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
we talk a lot about women who can be stalked and crept for life (i am totally crept with bad experiences and some of my friends too; probably too many psychopaths around the dormitory area waiting for young girls and masturbating around them afterwards)

but would be funny if one of these girls bilbo approaches turned out to be a total psycho, and the predator would become a victim from the statistics point of view, might happen

www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote