Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is it a burden?

No way, im not a narcisist, im always happy if a guy likes me! 1 7.69%
Yes, a real burden, just ruins the friendship a lot of the time 10 76.92%
No guy friend has ever told me that 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #46
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
So in other words you are never going to ask a girl out again. Good luck with that bro.

Ajde.
Unless the girl was as sexy/hot as Haas of course. I think i look good enough to try my luck with them. Seriously, for me personality > looks. The girl i loved isn't really good looking. She was decent. I mean she is not ugly nor very beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #47
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
And to be honest, if some random guy came up to me on the street and expressed his interest in me I'd think he was a freak no matter what he looked like.
Yeah. Maybe you could get away with it with some crafty work if you were playing on a beach, or in a mall or whatever. But not walking down the street. Never ever. Many men have tried and many men have failed.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #48
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
That is absolutely needy behavior and does not get you far with women. You should not wait for a woman to give you signs. As a man you must always take the lead.

I approach women on the street who have never seen me before and I immediately state my interest in her.

Honestly, reading some posts in here I wonder how some of you even manage to get on a date with woman.
Thats a bit harsh mate.

I know plenty of emo fuckers who get a lot of pussy.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #49
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Awkward and weird only begins to scratch the surface.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #50
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dini View Post
Awkward and weird only begins to scratch the surface.
I really like you Dini.

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #51
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I've made the first move in all my relationships. And to be honest, if some random guy came up to me on the street and expressed his interest in me I'd think he was a freak no matter what he looked like.

And to answer the OP: Yes, it's a huge burden if a guy friend told me he liked me only if I felt nothing for him beyond friendship. Whenever my best guy friend jokes about getting together with me I just laugh hysterically.
If I had some friends around, he would be maybe even getting beaten up because they'd think he was some freak bothering me
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #52
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've made the first move in all my relationships.
I wonder what kind of guys we are talking here.

Quote:
And to be honest, if some random guy came up to me on the street and expressed his interest in me I'd think he was a freak no matter what he looked like.
Then you are not the right girl for the guy who approached you. As simple as that.

I wonder how you would react in a club if some random guy came up to you and expresses his interest in you, because that is a normal thing there. If that is ok for you, then you are even more conservative as I thought. If not, then you are not into dominant and honest guys and you prefer needy guys.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #53
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
If I had some friends around, he would be maybe even getting beaten up because they'd think he was some freak bothering me
I have approached girls on the street with three guys in the group. Nothing bad has happened. I have approached girls with their boyfriend standing next to me on the street and in clubs. Nothing bad has happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
Yeah. Maybe you could get away with it with some crafty work if you were playing on a beach, or in a mall or whatever. But not walking down the street. Never ever. Many men have tried and many men have failed.
You have a low self-esteem my friend These guys are not good enough then.

Last edited by Bilbo : 02-20-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #54
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

In my unprofessional opinion there is a difference between possessing low self esteem and not wanting to ask out random chicks on the street.

Ajde.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #55
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder what kind of guys we are talking here.

Then you are not the right girl for the guy who approached you. As simple as that.

I wonder how you would react in a club if some random guy came up to you and expresses his interest in you, because that is a normal thing there. If that is ok for you, then you are even more conservative as I thought.
If not, then you are not into dominant and honest guys and you prefer needy guys.
In a club that's another thing, people go there to interact between themselves. But on a street it's a normal part of women's psychology to freak out. Since you're a little girl, they tell you not to talk to strangers on the street, and no matter what intentions you have, you are still a stranger and we cannot know what intentions you have. It's a learned code, nothing to do with being conservative or not, it's as simple as being taught to have 911 pre-dialed when walking home alone at night or to hold keys as a weapon, to sit alone and close to the driver on the night bus. Normally you would think it's nonsense and that you would never do that, but once being in that situation you suddenly find yourself holding the keys and pre-dialling 911.

If I lived in a safer country I would probably behave other way. But generally, if I told someone that a random guy spoke to me on the street and I went somewhere with him afterwards, people would think I was utterly stupid and incredibly lucky that I wasn't dead by now. Not trying to say that I couldn't meet a freak in the club, but also there any reasonable girl will try to find out if some of her friends know the guy before really going somewhere with him. Among my friends there are almost non who have a gf/bf who isn't somehow related to the others. They are always a friend of someone, a relative of someone, or they went to the same school as someone, you met them on the school dancing course etc. You rarely get to talk to someone you weren't introduced to by your friends here.
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Old 02-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #56
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Tulipe spilling some true tea.

Ajde.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #57
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
In a club that's another thing, people go there to interact between themselves. But on a street it's a normal part of women's psychology to freak out. Since you're a little girl, they tell you not to talk to strangers on the street, and no matter what intentions you have, you are still a stranger and we cannot know what intentions you have. It's a learned code, nothing to do with being conservative or not, it's as simple as being taught to have 911 pre-dialed when walking home alone at night or to hold keys as a weapon, to sit alone and close to the driver on the night bus. Normally you would think it's nonsense and that you would never do that, but once being in that situation you suddenly find yourself holding the keys and pre-dialling 911.

If I lived in a safer country I would probably behave other way. But generally, if I told someone that a random guy spoke to me on the street and I went somewhere with him afterwards, people would think I was utterly stupid and incredibly lucky that I wasn't dead by now. Not trying to say that I couldn't meet a freak in the club, but also there any reasonable girl will try to find out if some of her friends know the guy before really going somewhere with him.
Maria, you are heading the wrong direction here. You have a complete wrong picture about what I am talking about.

Quote:
Among my friends there are almost non who have a gf/bf who isn't somehow related to the others. They are always a friend of someone, a relative of someone, or they went to the same school as someone, you met them on the school dancing course etc. You rarely get to talk to someone you weren't introduced to by your friends here.
This is sad. Talk about having limited choices. A lot of my friend met their girlfriends on the street, randomly.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #58
country flag Tulipe

Quote:
Maria, you are heading the wrong direction here. You have a complete wrong picture about what I am talking about.

This is sad. Talk about having limited choices. A lot of my friend met their girlfriends on the street, randomly.
It's the only picture I have about a guy talking to me on the street A guy talking to me on the street is always a guy talking to me on the street, I don't see anything else.

I on the contrary have never heard about a couple that would meet this way. It's always "I worked with her mother" or "a friend introduced us at a party".

Quote:
Old 02-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #59
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually sitting near to that girl now that I told I liked and I said hi and got no reply and now she an her friends are talking with each other like I never exist. Good fucked up shit.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #60
country flag Tulipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
I'm actually sitting near to that girl now that I told I liked and I said hi and got no reply and now she an her friends are talking with each other like I never exist. Good fucked up shit.
Pretty normal reaction. If she's with friends she feels secure, and not awkward for not talking to you, so it's easy for her to ignore you (she still knows you are there, though, and probably wishes that you would leave). Ignoring is normal for us when we are hurt. Then we call our friend and say "he was there and tried to talk to me, but I IGNORED him!" and the friend says "you did very well, girl!" Oh, how complicated creatures we are sometimes

Quote: