Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is it a burden?

No way, im not a narcisist, im always happy if a guy likes me! 1 7.69%
Yes, a real burden, just ruins the friendship a lot of the time 10 76.92%
No guy friend has ever told me that 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #16
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

Well I was pretty close to this girl as friends and after I told her I liked her things got quite bad, she ignores my texts and just isn't the same person when I see her, but it's as if she's trying to act like nothing's different.

She was a bitch anyway so good on me she didn't like me back.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #17
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ladies, can it become a burden when a guy friend tells you he likes you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Capo View Post
It all depends on the man reading the woman, sensing whether she would be receptive or not, and then making the move boldly, confidently, with style.
I agree with you. That is why reading body language is more important than anything else. The best way to make the move is a direct approach.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #18
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Well I was pretty close to this girl as friends and after I told her I liked her things got quite bad, she ignores my texts and just isn't the same person when I see her, but it's as if she's trying to act like nothing's different.

She was a bitch anyway so good on me she didn't like me back.
I hear you, this situation does suck.

Its like when you talk, they pretend nothings wrong, but theres this giant elephant in the room and its like shes oblivious to it, but at the same time, she treats you like a prick.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #19
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post

Its like when you talk, they pretend nothings wrong, but theres this giant elephant in the room and its like shes oblivious to it, but at the same time, she treats you like a prick.
You put it absolutely perfectly.

I actually see this girl tomorrow too, any way to counter it?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-19-2012, 11:01 PM   #21
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Everytime I ask a friend out they end up moving to a different country. I wonder if the two things are somehow related?

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-12 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal!
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #22
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Everytime I ask a friend out they end up moving to a different country. I wonder if the two things are somehow related?

Ajde.

Reminds me of a friend (really ugly guy) I had who told his friend (a girl who he really liked) that he liked her one day on Facebook. She ignored him and the next week she moved to the US and only told him about the move when she was there. He cried about it for like a week while me and some other friends just kept taking the piss out of him.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #23
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ajde.
Not true, I'm still in Australia bro.

Ajde.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #24
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post

This can happen but it doesn't always turn out that way. My freshman year of college, I told a friend that I had feelings for her and it made things extremely awkward for the rest of the school year and she didn't even talk to me over the summer. To make things even worse, we already had made arrangements to live in the same apartment the following school year.

I was really stressed about it, but things ended up working out just fine. We basically returned to the level of friendship we had before and even lived together the following year. She still continues to be one of my best friends and we have a strictly platonic relationship.

I think we were able to achieve this by never talking about that incident. You have to realize that you can't force someone to like you. I let her know my feelings, her feelings were not the same as mine, and I just had to move on and readjust my feelings. It's not very inspirational or romantic, but it's the sad truth of life. Although I must admit, I have had a tougher time with this approach with failed relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #25
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

I fell inlove with a girl i know since my childhood days. She did tell me that she really likes me. She really likes to talk with me and spends some time with me. I thought/felt that she is inlove with me. Then i decided to make my move and tell her that i love her but guess what happened, folks? She told me that there is another guy in her life. I was really shocked and heartbroken at the same time. I didn't know what to do. All this time she was just considering me a friend. How disappointing!

The good thing is that I learned a big lesson from this. I will never tell a girl that i like/love her without knowing her true feelings about me. I should know her true feelings towards me first.

Best match in 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auv_J0RcW0Q
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 AM   #26
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
You put it absolutely perfectly.

I actually see this girl tomorrow too, any way to counter it?
My girl lives in another country, havent seen her since the incident and doubt very much ill ever see her again, so I cant offer any advice.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #27
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
I fell inlove with a girl i know since my childhood days. She did tell me that she really likes me. She really likes to talk with me and spends some time with me. I thought/felt that she is inlove with me. Then i decided to make my move and tell her that i love her but guess what happened, folks? She told me that there is another guy in her life. I was really shocked and heartbroken at the same time. I didn't know what to do. All this time she was just considering me a friend. How disappointing!

The good thing is that I learned a big lesson from this. I will never tell a girl that i like/love her without knowing her true feelings about me. I should know her true feelings towards me first.
So in other words you are never going to ask a girl out again. Good luck with that bro.

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-12 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal!
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #28
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So in other words you are never going to ask a girl out again. Good luck with that bro.

Ajde.
Agreed.

Sure you may feel silly for a couple of days if you fail, but what's the big deal? Better then living in a fantasy world or not knowing where you stand.

Just look at Certinfy's example. If he had never expressed his emotions he would not have discovered, for some time, that the girl was really a bitch. This does happen sometimes. You live in a fantasy world and think the person is perfect, but revealing your emotions can really expose the true side of an individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #29
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

My tactic of never asking out a girl so I will never experience rejection is working out quite nicely at the moment.

Ajde.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #30
country flag Juan Ma Del Pony

Juan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond reputeJuan Ma Del Pony has a reputation beyond repute

This exact situation happened to me in my junior year of college. A guy who was my friend/lab partner apparently started liking me a lot and I didn't notice it all. Then one day he came to a class that I was TA'ing and sat in the back, staring at me, for 2 hours while I was teaching. Finally at the end of the class he walked me to the train station and told me he liked me. I was like, WhereTF did this come from? And then things became very awkward between us (mostly my fault, I was kinda creeped out by what he did) and he thankfully graduated soon so I never saw him again. I hope he didn't think I was a bitch for leading him on (at least I don't think I led him on), but if he does, I hope he got over me since I'm not exactly a big catch anyway in the looks department and I'm saving myself for Ponyboy anyway
Juan Ma Del Pony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote