Apart from Muzza, did any other male player was ever trained by a woman? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
country flag stanch

stanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apart from Muzza, did any other male player was ever trained by an woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
yes. Jelena Gencic, a truly amazing woman. She has literally created both Djokovic and Seles. I read so much about her. She simply had that talent to recognize champions. AMAZING woman. She is very old, but she still works with kids. I was so happy when Nole gave her his W trophy. lots of men can learn so much from this lady.
Yeah. Apart from Đoković and Seleš, Genčić also discovered Goran Ivanišević. In fact, I've just read an article about her published in one Serbian daily newspaper ('Blic'). In eight-part series, she describes all about Novak's beginnings and tells many anecdotes from his childhood. They were spending much time together, not only in their training sessions. She not only taught him the basics of tennis but also many things about life, as Novak was very curious kid. It was so nice seeing Novak visiting her last year and showing her the Wimby trophy, the trophy they said they were always dreaming about.
stanch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apart from Muzza, did any other male player was ever trained by an woman?

Wow, so many- why so few women coaches then?

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #18
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanch View Post
Yeah. Apart from Đoković and Seleš, Genčić also discovered Goran Ivanišević. In fact, I've just read an article about her published in one Serbian daily newspaper ('Blic'). In eight-part series, she describes all about Novak's beginnings and tells many anecdotes from his childhood. They were spending much time together, not only in their training sessions. She not only taught him the basics of tennis but also many things about life, as Novak was very curious kid. It was so nice seeing Novak visiting her last year and showing her the Wimby trophy, the trophy they said they were always dreaming about.
I forgot about Goran who was a great player. one thing that I really love about this lady is when she was training Nole, they used to listen to classical music and she asked him to visualize things... I love classical music. It's too bad that many people simply don't understand it and appreciate it more. I really don't understand how people can listen to all of this pop crap...
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #19
country flag stanch

stanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
I forgot about Goran who was a great player. one thing that I really love about this lady is when she was training Nole, they used to listen to classical music and she asked him to visualize things... I love classical music. It's too bad that many people simply don't understand it and appreciate it more. I really don't understand how people can listen to all of this pop crap...
Agreed.
stanch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

It's "trained by a woman" because there is a better pronunciation that way.

Llodra was coached by Mauresmo for his backhand.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyServe View Post

I think Tsonga too, on a temporary basis? (for the one hander)
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #22
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
I think Tsonga too, on a temporary basis? (for the one hander)
Not sure about that, but Tsonga as always been capable of pulling out these strange one handed backhand, it's not really recent he just started to hit some in matches.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
country flag fsoica

fsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond reputefsoica has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
tks.
I modified the first post's title...

ROGER FEDERER: No, Roger Federer doesn't pull out. Otherwise he doesn't walk on court (smiling).

After losing to Nalbandian in 2005 TMC final...
fsoica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
martinatreue

martinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well... if you are going to correct someone's grammar then I need to tell you that the proper way to express what you are saying would be "because this way the pronunciation would sound better." You cannot really say "a better pronunciation" because using an indefite article in front of the word "pronunciation" is very awkward.
martinatreue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #25
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinatreue View Post
Well... if you are going to correct someone's grammar then I need to tell you that the proper way to express what you are saying would be "because this way the pronunciation would sound better." You cannot really say "a better pronunciation" because using an indefite article in front of the word "pronunciation" is very awkward.
you know what. I can't agree more. there are so many people posting here from all over the world... visiting this site, tennis lovers. and some stupid idiot is talking about grammar. I mean please.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #26
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apart from Muzza, did any other male player was ever trained by a woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsoica View Post
Serious question or maybe not quite...

As for Muzza, I was thinking abt him and his mom, of course...
Just because his mama was his coach does not mean she trained him. When I was a child, my dad helped me with algebra a bit. He didn't train me to become a mathematician, you know So let's stop talking about impossible things

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #27
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apart from Muzza, did any other male player was ever trained by a woman?

Istomin was trained by his mum. Not so sure now

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #28
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinatreue View Post
As used, it was perhaps a bit awkward, but obviously once can use an indefinite article with the word in a perfectly normal and appropriate way, e.g. “That is an acceptable pronunciation of the word;” “That is a pronunciation I have never heard;” “That is a better pronunciation than before;” etc. If you are simply designating one particular pronunciation, you would of course use an indefinite article.

And really, what does it matter? If we were speaking rather than writing, no one would care about the insignificant error either in the thread title or in the post to which you refer.

/english instruction
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #29
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

I repeat, there is no male player in top 50 who is trained by a female. That is just a fact. You guys need to get over that and reserve this bs talk for women's tennis forums or something. Next thing you are going to say is Roger is coached by Mirka. Please.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #30
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

You can repeat it all you want, it doesn't make it true. The Don is coached by his Mum and Istomin, who I guess will be top 50 on Monday, is too