Sao Paulo QF: Thomaz Bellucci def. Leonardo Mayer 3-6 6-2 7-5 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #106
country flag BlackSilver

BlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond reputeBlackSilver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sao Paulo QF: Thomaz Bellucci def. Leonardo Mayer 3-6 6-2 7-5

I will go straight to the point: Mayer is a fool. He shouldn't have come to play here if he doesn't have capability to deal with the circumstances. And if he expected anything different he is, again, a fool.

Quote:
what the hell happened to samba? he went from pre match big fave to big dog at the start of the 3rd.. was he injured?
Cramps through all the body plus physical exhaustion.

Quote:
I just hope this tournament will be cancelled or taken back to his old location. It's obvious that Sao Paulo cannot get this.
I agree. If they doesn't change the place next year you should find out who are the local organizers and sue them for this. I am 100% behind you in this one.
BlackSilver is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #107
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPorElTenis View Post
Crowd was whistling during each Mayer serve, wildly celebrating every first serve missed, and shouting in the middle of points when Leo was about to hit. They clearly thought this was a football match between Brazil and Argentina. Umpire did nothing, Bellucci did nothing. In the end they succeeded in throwing Leo's concentration off at the end of the match.

Completely undeserved win by Bellucci.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #108
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Brazilians are disgusting animals when it comes to crowds and sports. Total disgrace watching that, especially at the end.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #109
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Crowds don't win matches.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #110
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
Wow! The crowd went crazy, I haven't seen such a chauvinistic behavior by the crowd since a Boetsch-Becker match in Paris 1993. Completely different crowd than that at Costa Do Sauipe, honestly I don't know the which one is better
argies like to whine endlessly about things like this conveniently forgetting the fact that their own crowds aren't any classier.

did you watch the rios-zabaleta match in buenos aires? zabaleta turned the whole thing into some type of ridiculous chauvinistic argentina-vs-chile type of match. he even ended up playing with the argie national football team t-shirt and of course the crowd loved him for it.

at the end, it's the player's fault if he lets that get to him, imho.

that said, the most chauvinistic spectactle in a tennis match should be the davis cup between chile and argentina, when some chileans begin to trow chairs at the court.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #111
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Don't be using selective memory. This stuff has happened with Gonzo playing in Chile, happens at Acapulco and yes in Buenos Aires as well.

Yes, Layhani could have done more, but Mayer winning is the best way to shut any hostile crowd. Not like hostile crowds haven't happened in Brazil before. It's part of the game in the Latin American events and has to be dealt with.
a thousand times this

i remember well how classy the buenos aires crowd was in the almagro v. chela final last year. they were making noises when almagro was serving, etc. i have actually seen this behaviour a lot in argentinian events.

south american crowds in general are quite nationalistic. you're spot on when you say that this the way sporting evens are around here.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #112
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
did you watch the rios-zabaleta match in buenos aires? zabaleta turned the whole thing into some type of ridiculous chauvinistic argentina-vs-chile type of match. he even ended up playing with the argie national football team t-shirt and of course the crowd loved him for it.
I didn't.

Quote:
that said, the most chauvinistic spectactle in a tennis match should be the davis cup between chile and argentina, when some chileans begin to trow chairs at the court.
I mentioned this story in my e-book. Chauvinistic behavior is a part of majority of Davis Cup ties. There's a different etiquette in tournaments, that's the reason so many members were annoyed by the Brazilian crowd yesterday. But Brazilian members of this forum who feel themselves affected, I think should keep in mind that no-one blames Bellucci for that quarter-final, he didn't encourage the crowd, he only took an advantage of the enormous support.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #113
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Love football atmospheres at the tennis. I wish I was there.

loud crowds are a part of the game. if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Old 02-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #114
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
argies like to whine endlessly about things like this conveniently forgetting the fact that their own crowds aren't any classier.

at the end, it's the player's fault if he lets that get to him, imho.

And dont forget not to put all the people on the same bag
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #115
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
And dont forget not to put all the people on the same bag
you're right.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #116
country flag Agrajag

Agrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond reputeAgrajag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
Nalbandian is complaining about everything lately. I agree with you on that. The same about Spaniard crowd.

If you watched the doubles match when Argentina was serving for the match Schwank served an ace that Haas believed it was out and got too mad. And the German crowd backed him and was surprisingly quite rude till the end of the match. It doesn`t matter if in Argentina it could had been worse. I was just making reference that to German standards it was quite surprising to see the way the German crowd behaved.

I didn't see the last set actually, it may well have gotten a bit out of hand at that point. Not to excuse them, but quite understable to cross the line in that situation.

Anyway my point of the post was to pardon the brazilians for yesterdays match. Based on what I saw from today it was correct. Volandri was treated fairly. He behaved well, and got the respect the away player deserves.
Agrajag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote