Sao Paulo QF: Thomaz Bellucci def. Leonardo Mayer 3-6 6-2 7-5 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #91
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sao Paulo QF: Thomaz Bellucci def. Leonardo Mayer 3-6 6-2 7-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickmartins View Post
I love seeing how easy it is to spot who thinks the crowd was bad and who only thinks latin-americans are wild animals and inferior people.

1) Latin-americans are not nordic. We won't sit around politely applauding the guy who's beating our #1 player.
2) São Paulo didn't have a top-level tournament for quite long. Many of these people probably have never been to a tennis match at this level. If the umpire doesn't say anything, they'll just keep doing what they're doing.

I didn't see the whole match, but as far as I saw there was no interference during points. Cheering after missed first serves might not be british-polite, but it's far from "cheating" in my opinion.

Funny to see how the crowd went from Bellucci-hating mode against Mello to that.
superb

2007: Brasov CH
2008: Brasil Open & Acapulco
2009: Umag & Genoa CH
2010: Roland Garros, Newport, Bastad, Toronto, Cincinnati, London WTF
2011: Rotterdam & Valencia
2012: Estoril, Bastad, Bangkok
2013: Sydney, Estoril, Nottingham Ch, Cali Ch
2014: Chennai, Buenos Aires
JeffCandoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #92
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the match again and the crowd was not wildly celebrating error of the first service. This attitude of exaggerated Brazilian fans started when Mayer started hitting mouth with the judge and the crowd. Because of this the crowd began to get over him and helping further Thomaz. When I see the crowd did what he did because it was caused by the lack Mayer because he was over the crowd.

Pathetic is the Mayer who lost for being too weak of mind! And there is nothing so pathetic and absurd in Bellucci take advantage of this and win a game that seemed lost.
Belludal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #93
country flag LocoPorElTenis

LocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond reputeLocoPorElTenis has a reputation beyond repute

The crowd *was* cheering during points... a couple of times Mayer had to chase down a short ball and the crow started shouting... not to mention the permanent interference during serving. There's a line between passion and offense/sportmanship, as a Latin American myself I think it's great to have passion but I think we often step over the line.
LocoPorElTenis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #94
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GugaF1 View Post
How much you want to bet that the crowd will be fine today against Volandri? They will cheer wildly for Bellucci of course, but not like with Mayer, he got into the crowd bad side by stalling between serves. Yesterday was one example of the crowd, should not be taken as the whole week. If today the crowd boos like that and after serve missed, you can call the crowd animals, it will not happen because Volandri is respectful and will just focus on playing. Mayer had some repsonsability for what happened yesterday. Some people don;t want to see this.
Are you serious? So it was Mayer's fault if these Brazilians did what they did?
Tennis isn't football. Tennis needs focus and respect. Something that these children of the public don't have.
I'm worried for Filippo today. He has to stay calm and a good match will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCandoi View Post
It's all about emotion and passion.. if you dont have something too big, you cant understand..

very good victory for bellucci
I hope a final vs Almagro
This is really stupid. You can have passion and emotions without being so aggressive. This cannot justify what we all saw yesterday.
It would be more intelligent so say, very simply, that the crowd was beyond every limit of disgusting and apologize for what happened.

I just hope this tournament will be cancelled or taken back to his old location. It's obvious that Sao Paulo cannot get this.

Last edited by Action Jackson : 02-18-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #95
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute

A case where the crowd was much worse than Brazil yesterday:

Belludal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #96
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said, Ivanisevic vs Rafter match was an example of a normal great atmosphere. The Brazilians on this forum think this match had a great atmosphere
You don't have to be stiff and clap your hands like a robot after every point, but show some deserved respect for the players. I mean, there was no Robredo on the court..

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #97
country flag ReturnWinner

ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute

I did not watch the match but if its like people describe then its really a shame.
Brazilian tennis fans tend to behave very bad. I remember their behavior against Coria and Calleri against Kuerten in Costa Do Sauipe and They even spat at the argentines players.
ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #98
country flag JeffCandoi

JeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond reputeJeffCandoi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnWinner View Post
I did not watch the match but if its like people describe then its really a shame.
Brazilian tennis fans tend to behave very bad. I remember their behavior against Coria and Calleri against Kuerten in Costa Do Sauipe and They even spat at the argentines players.
in this page (above) there's a example showing it's not only about brazilians

and.. Coria and Calleri were disgunsting players.. so it's justified. Yesterday fans were backing Nalbandian..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hian View Post

I just hope this tournament will be cancelled or taken back to his old location. It's obvious that Sao Paulo cannot get this.
it wont happen!

2007: Brasov CH
2008: Brasil Open & Acapulco
2009: Umag & Genoa CH
2010: Roland Garros, Newport, Bastad, Toronto, Cincinnati, London WTF
2011: Rotterdam & Valencia
2012: Estoril, Bastad, Bangkok
2013: Sydney, Estoril, Nottingham Ch, Cali Ch
2014: Chennai, Buenos Aires
JeffCandoi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #99
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
How on earth can you mix up the clown in the chair today with the best umpire on the tour?

It is like mixing up Collina and Webb just because they both have shaved heads.
post of the month
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #100
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Happy for Brazilian tennis. They need this.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #101
country flag ReturnWinner

ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute

Volandri destroyed Craptucci in the last two sets.
ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #102
country flag GugaF1

GugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond repute

I told you guys the crowd would behave fine today with Volandri, it was more of incident with Mayer. They applauded Volandri for his nice plays, did not bother him at all during the match. Even with a cramping, desperate physicallt Bellucci, so much for the whinning about the crowd.
GugaF1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #103
country flag delboy

delboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnWinner View Post
Volandri destroyed Craptucci in the last two sets.
what the hell happened to samba? he went from pre match big fave to big dog at the start of the 3rd.. was he injured?
delboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #104
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Aren`t you taking all this stuff too far? Nobody will yell against Bellucci in Buenos Aires next week because some people cheered for the Brazilian player in home soil. In similar circunstances Argentine people would cheer for the local player whether that player is Brazilian, Spaniard or Chinese. Don`t be so childish please.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #105
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
I think the spanish crowds are generally more abusive than the french or italian ones. France has so many tournaments so sometimes there are matches when they cross the line, but in general I think the spanish are much worse.

It was hilarious to watch Nalbandian complain to the umpire about the crowd in Germany. I think we all know it would have been way worse in Argentina.

As for this match, I agree that Mayer in part brought this on himself. Against Chardy he had the umpire come off his chair at least 20 times, and I don't think he was right more than a couple of times. Even on obvious calls on his side of the court he had him come down to inspect. He also took at least 30 seconds on average in both matches.

I had money on Mayer and dislike Bellucci, so I wasn't excactly in favour of the brazilian.
Nalbandian is complaining about everything lately. I agree with you on that. The same about Spaniard crowd.

If you watched the doubles match when Argentina was serving for the match Schwank served an ace that Haas believed it was out and got too mad. And the German crowd backed him and was surprisingly quite rude till the end of the match. It doesn`t matter if in Argentina it could had been worse. I was just making reference that to German standards it was quite surprising to see the way the German crowd behaved.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote