Sao Paulo QF: Thomaz Bellucci def. Leonardo Mayer 3-6 6-2 7-5 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #61
country flag Caralimon

Caralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sao Paulo QF: Thomaz Bellucci def. Leonardo Mayer 3-6 6-2 7-5

Good win for Bellucci, he seems to have developed a personality.
Caralimon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #62
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Love football atmospheres at the tennis. I wish I was there.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #63
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmbf View Post
Brazil only has one ATP tournament each year. This is the most important moment for tennis in Brazil this year.

I don't know why we just can't booing and play with the opponent during the match.
I guess it might be a cultural context, when you watch for example this week a tournament in Rotterdam (the most important tournament in the Netherlands) you actually don't notice a change in behavior of the crowd as it supports players when one of them is a Dutchman and the other a foreigner, it's all the time the same, well, it may be one of the reasons that Dutch players suck at the home tournament...

I think it's great that the crowd in Sao Paulo is much more enthusiastic than at Costa do Sauipe but constant cheering after service faults of the opponent and his easiest mistakes are rather tasteless in many parts of the world.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:11 AM   #64
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Screaming out as players are about the hit the ball is poor form, as for jeering in between serves that's where the umpire has to step in.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #65
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Ivanisevic-Rafter Wimbledon '01 final was the best atmosphere ever. Both fan bases cheering loudly for their player but having respect for the other player as well. What we saw today was largely disrespectful towards Mayer.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"

Last edited by Action Jackson : 02-18-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #66
country flag lucyfur

lucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the umpired could give a warning to the players to control the crowd like the umpire did at the davis cup final
lucyfur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #67
country flag GugaF1

GugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
I guess it might be a cultural context, when you watch for example this week a tournament in Rotterdam (the most important tournament in the Netherlands) you actually don't notice a change in behavior of the crowd as it supports players when one of them is a Dutchman and the other a foreigner, it's all the time the same, well, it may be one of the reasons that Dutch players suck at home tournament...

I think it's great that the crowd in Sao Paulo is much more enthusiastic than at Costa do Sauipe but constant cheering service faults of the opponent and his easiest mistake are rather tasteless from many parts of the world.
Well, there is a cultural context, for a long time Brazilian culturally invested much of their pride in Sports, because didn't have much else to look at, that's why had figures like Ayrton Senna and the passion for the Football team. Brazilian deposited patriotic passion in sports, more than in politics, Military like the US or other things, than many other countries do, I agree.

But if you look at it, Brazil is one of the most peacuful nations ever, having pratically never been to an actual war, so sports I think is almost like a scape valve, to evoke the strongest passions and can go to "war" figuretavely.

I don't like it some parts of it. I was in the crowd today can;t deny it was great fun at times, it was just a perfect storm, the best Brazilian tennis player currently against an unkown Argentine player, stalling between and taking long time between serves and Bellucci on the come back, it really got to the crowd.
GugaF1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #68
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol!
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:22 AM   #69
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Stick to talking about the match and if you want to talk about poor crowd behaviour then do so.

No generalisations about a particular nation needed.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #70
country flag BrunoBeidacki

BrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, you can't call Bellucci a bad player just because of what our crowd did. What was he suppose to do? Start screaming and begging the crowd to stop? He is just a tennis player and it was using their support to win.
Second, there was no screaming during points, and what's in the rules are that the point should not start till the crowd is in complete silence, and that was what happened.
And finally, you should all stop crying, and stop saying that this was a terrible moment of tennis history, to Brazil, this moment was one of the best moments all-time in tennis, since we could finally see big crowds watching tennis matches, what show how much tennis is increasing in Brazil, and I guess this is good for the whole world.

EVERYTHING CHANGES, THE BRAZILIAN CROWD MADE THE TENNIS 'CHEERING' CHANGE TOO. IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE SAME OLD STUFF ALWAYS, YOU SHOULD JUST WATCH WIBLEDON AND FORGET ABOUT TENNIS IN THE REST OF THE YEAR, BECAUSE IN MADRID, THEY'LL PLAY WITH A BLUE CLAY, WOULDN'T THIS BE BAD TOO? IN ACAPULCO, THE PLAYERS COULD NOT LEAVE TO HOTEL/COMPLEX WITHOUT FEARING BEING HURT DOING LAST YEAR'S MEXICAN ATP 500. AND IN INDIA, DURING DAVIS CUP IN 2010, THE BRAZILIAN PLAYERS DIDN'T HAVE WATER TO DRINK BECAUSE OF A 'ISSUE' IN THE ARENA, WHILE ALL INDIANS HAD THEIR BOTTLES FULL OF WATER. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT STUFF THAT ARE ABOVE FANS' OPINIONS, IT JUST HAPPENS.

Tennis Tipping Results:
Win: BEIJING (Singles)
PARIS (Doubles w/AdeyC), 4 CHALLENGERS in Doubles
RUNNER-UP: ROLAND GARROS 2012 (Doubles w/AdeyC)
-
CLEZAR
JANOWICZ
BrunoBeidacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:31 AM   #71
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoBeidacki View Post
First of all, you can't call Bellucci a bad player just because of what our crowd did. What was he suppose to do? Start screaming and begging the crowd to stop? He is just a tennis player and it was using their support to win.
Second, there was no screaming during points, and what's in the rules are that the point should not start till the crowd is in complete silence, and that was what happened.
And finally, you should all stop crying, and stop saying that this was a terrible moment of tennis history, to Brazil, this moment was one of the best moments all-time in tennis, since we could finally see big crowds watching tennis matches, what show how much tennis is increasing in Brazil, and I guess this is good for the whole world.

EVERYTHING CHANGES, THE BRAZILIAN CROWD MADE THE TENNIS 'CHEERING' CHANGE TOO. IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE SAME OLD STUFF ALWAYS, YOU SHOULD JUST WATCH WIBLEDON AND FORGET ABOUT TENNIS IN THE REST OF THE YEAR, BECAUSE IN MADRID, THEY'LL PLAY WITH A BLUE CLAY, WOULDN'T THIS BE BAD TOO? IN ACAPULCO, THE PLAYERS COULD NOT LEAVE TO HOTEL/COMPLEX WITHOUT FEARING BEING HURT DOING LAST YEAR'S MEXICAN ATP 500. AND IN INDIA, DURING DAVIS CUP IN 2010, THE BRAZILIAN PLAYERS DIDN'T HAVE WATER TO DRINK BECAUSE OF A 'ISSUE' IN THE ARENA, WHILE ALL INDIANS HAD THEIR BOTTLES FULL OF WATER. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT STUFF THAT ARE ABOVE FANS' OPINIONS, IT JUST HAPPENS.
good post. Full support for brasilian and south american crowd. I would be watching all SA clay events and matches if crowd were like tonight. That is what tennis needed.

Djokovic Nadal Ferrer Murray Del Potro

race list

FEDAL RIVALRY = >>>CLICK<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Fraud's luck is absolutely disgusting.
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #72
country flag MuriloBrasil

MuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond reputeMuriloBrasil has a reputation beyond repute

What happened there today was fantastic! I was there and I never fell an atmosphere like this on a tennis game!

Passion is necessary to the sport! This actions didn't show if a people is more or less educated than other! Psychological pressure is part of the game, and Leo Mayer didn't have mind to tolerate this. In moments, Mayer seems like a children, crying because the crowd was pressuring him.

We need more emotion on tennis, and lose a bit of formality in the matches that made much people to be so far of tennis.
MuriloBrasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #73
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Bellucci
Old 02-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #74
country flag Game.Petzschner

Game.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond reputeGame.Petzschner has a reputation beyond repute

solution is simple to stop those animals in the crowd mayer was totally robbed of that match and let the crowd get to him which a lot of players i think would have,ive never seen such a disgusting crowd before theres one thing to support your player then there was this.

I mean cheering like brazil won the world cup when mayer misses his first serve come on... its pathetic.

Umpire should have stepped in and given a warning to bellucci to control the crowd happens a 2nd time point penalty a 3rd time and game penalty.
Game.Petzschner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #75
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoBeidacki View Post

I totally agree.