QF Rotterdam: Federer def Nieminen 7-5, 7-6(2) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #16
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QF Rotterdam: Federer def Nieminen 7-5, 7-6(2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
did we watch the same match then ?
Remember that the Rafole rivarly sets the tennis standards these days and unless you got a 30+ rally in every single point the quality of a match remains awful. Aces, winners and fast exchanges are unacceptable.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Overall Federer had many more chances that Nieminen, even though some are saying Nieminen was not great under pressure, he did save a bunch of BP's, but the main problem was that he didn't even force a BP of his own the entire match. He did well to get this scoreline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #18
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Good match from Jarkko, made it close like last time in Basel. Fought well but Roger too strong in the decisive moments. Beating Federer in a tiebreak is a tough task especially for Jarkko considering that his serve isn't strong.

Still, a positive tournament overall for Jarkko with the QF and a tight match against Roger. Hope his wrist stays ok, had some problems with it in the DC tie.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #19
country flag mlhyde

mlhyde is on a distinguished road

Nemo did a very decent job actually, the only thing is that he just couldn't find a way to deal with Fed's first serve.
mlhyde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #20
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

so happy Roger beat ugly teeth
Conservative Media Cooks Up Outlandish Claim That Obama Admin. Is Racially Profiling Gun Owners http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09...laim-th/200808 http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/09...d-on-ev/200756

The Media's Imaginary Coffee Salute Scandal

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...scandal/200863
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:33 PM   #21
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Watched only second set, except for serving pretty poor from both, error fest
Not from my vantage point. It was a largely well served, well played match. No opportunities for break for Niemenen, Federer won 79% of his service points. A few more opportunities for break from Federer, but Niemenen fought well. There were a relatively small amount of unforced errors, considering they were both going for winners and short play. When there were some errors, they mostly didn't matter a whole lot, such as the awful casual attempt squash by Federer at the net late in the second set. He followed it up with a service winner for the game. There was really only one poorer game from Jarkko in the first getting broken from a 40 love lead, combined with Mr. Federer upping his level, which is all it took there. And a good focused tiebreaker in the second set from Federer (his super tiebreak exho play yesterday benefited him), Nieminen played a bit tight, and Federer walked away a winner.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #22
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
did we watch the same match then ?
I was wondering the same, what quality did you see there? In second set, Fed was routinely missing the open court, he failed to convert any break point he had; Nieminen made a whole lot of errors going after Fed's second serves and was barely winning points on Fed's serve, had no break points at all; completely went missing in the tie break. There were some good shots, but far from quality match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNero View Post
Remember that the Rafole rivarly sets the tennis standards these days and unless you got a 30+ rally in every single point the quality of a match remains awful. Aces, winners and fast exchanges are unacceptable.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #23
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

Rotterer marches on
Edberg / Rafter / Henman / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #24
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

One more match and you could say that Federer is 15-love against him.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #25
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNero View Post
Yes, they don't belong on a court like this. Doesn't suit them. They wouldn't care. It's like the indoor season in the fall. Just give them a court like Miami, Indian Wells, Rod Laver and all of the slower playing courts and let them slug it out from the baseline or further back till they drop. Trouble is, one or both just might soon, and that would be sad.

They don't need a shorter schedule, they simply need to play on more varied surfaces with a preference toward faster playing hard courts, which is the most damaging to the players joints. They (all ATP tournament officials and players) have to realize there is a benefit to playing on a variety of paced courts.

It means that the same players won't have to go deep in every tournament, but they still have a chance of getting a few points and cash. Points, games, and matches will be shorter on the faster more damaging courts, their bodies will thank them for it and they might be able to last the whole year. More forgiving courts like soft clay can stay slow. And you will see different players going deeper in tournaments because they will be able to find a surface that suits their play.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #26
country flag masterclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
I was wondering the same, what quality did you see there? In second set, Fed was routinely missing the open court, he failed to convert any break point he had; Nieminen made a whole lot of errors going after Fed's second serves and was barely winning points on Fed's serve, had no break points at all; completely went missing in the tie break. There were some good shots, but far from quality match.
You can't only look at errors. It's about service and winners and when the service didn't win the point, it's because each player was aggressive, going for winners almost the whole match. There were a few bad errors, but not many. You can't expect them to rally 20+ shots on an indoor surface like this. It's not real fast, but it's fast and low bouncing enough where players like Mr. Nadal or Mr. Djokovic wouldn't want to be here. Probably a bit faster surface would have produced fewer errors as both players were going for the lines, both wide (mostly Federer) and deep (mostly Nieminen).

Respectfully,
masterclass

Last edited by masterclass : 02-17-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #27
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
They don't need a shorter schedule, they simply need to play on more varied surfaces with a preference toward faster playing hard courts, which is the most damaging to the players joints. They (all ATP tournament officials and players) have to realize there is a benefit to playing on a variety of paced courts.

It means that the same players won't have to go deep in every tournament, but they still have a chance of getting a few points and cash. Points, games, and matches will be shorter on the faster more damaging courts, their bodies will thank them for it and they might be able to last the whole year. More forgiving courts like soft clay can stay slow. And you will see different players going deeper in tournaments because they will be able to find a surface that suits their play.

Respectfully,
masterclass
This guy resumed what we've been talking about since 2010 in one single post.
I support you, Masterclass.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #28
country flag masterclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
This guy resumed what we've been talking about since 2010 in one single post.
I support you, Masterclass.
Thanks viruzzz.

Now I have to finish the petition (I hope to have solid time this weekend) that basically says what I said here (but it's not just a "speed up the courts" message), but a little more geared toward showing how varied conditions will end up being a long term advantage (even monetarily) for all concerned. It's going to try to demonstrate that a preference of having uniform slow conditions that encourages long matches to bring more advertising revenue and fan support is short term thinking and in the long term damaging to the sport and players, and inevitably the fans.

Respectfully,
masterclass
Old 02-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #29
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMIC View Post
One more match and you could say that Federer is 15-love against him.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #30
Timariot

Timariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond reputeTimariot has a reputation beyond repute

Testify, masterclass. It's just bs how much slow hardcourts there are these days. No carpet, no green clay, even red clay is on decline. It's just amazing how much the surfaces have changed in last 30 years, and it has been for the worse.