Fedal Fans - Have you lowered your expectations? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #16
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fedal Fans - Have you lowered your expectations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
All i know is this. In the top 3 in the men's game, djokovic is the only one capable of beating both rafa and fed in the same slam.

Roger is 2400 points behind nadal. If he wins rotterdam and rafa's doesn't play madrid as rumored; there is a shot for roger to get to number 2 before roland garros or even after if rafa doesn't defend the french rafa loses 800 points and roger could have number 2 rank for wimbledon.

Bottom line if nole-rafa are in the same half, federer will at least have a legit shot to actually win a final as opposed to fed beating nole in a semi and then flopping to nadal as expected. Wimbledon is still fed's best shot to beat djokovic and the only place he could conceivably have a chance to beat them both.

I still think fed will do it once before he retires at a slam. If he somehow beats nole and rafa at the same slam. That is how he should end his career...And be the last federer memory

p.s.
the us open is not changing their super saturday for 2012 with the men's semi and final on saturday and sunday. If federer has the number 2 rank and gets murray whereas nadal will draw nole in the semi's. Fed-murray will go first obviouly, and then nadal-nole will kill themselves...

If there is no rain delay; and nole-rafa play 5-6 hr semi; fed will most likely win the us open if his match was light which it always is less demanding physically.
Good post, but largely predicated on an unlikely event, Fed's getting back to No. 2. Even so, I still believe Fed will win one more slam before he retires. Clearly that expectation is lower than the expectation I used to have, that he would win every slam he entered.
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #17
country flag UsD.AnDreS

UsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond reputeUsD.AnDreS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamed View Post
Expectations? What expectations?
Like Rafa at USO'11 : "Window? What window?"
UsD.AnDreS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #18
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

At the start of 2007 I predicted/guessed that Nadal and Federer would combine for 27 slams. Later (2009-2011) I thought they would easily get 6 more, but yes now I lowered these expectations again. I think they won't get over 30 slams together.

It is all natural to overestimate some tennis players when they are at their peak/the top for a long time already. The winning will stop one day and because they are at the top for years they must be near to losing more often. On the other hand the latest results show they are the best at the moment so it looks like a good bet they will win again.
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
^^I don't think that Federer is the type of guy to retire on a high. If he wins another Slam I think his mindset will be 'I'm in good enough form to win more' rather than 'let's finish on a high'.
I think in yesterday's interview Fed said he would like to play 5 more years, something like that.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #20
country flag mark73

mark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond repute

My expectations for fed are greatly reduced. I see him winning only 4-6 more slams.

Fed vs Rafa

Wimbledon: 7-2
U.s open: 5-2
AO: 4-1
FO 1-9
WTF: 6-0
Weeks at number one: 302-140(about)

Really no contest
mark73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #21
country flag Branimir

Branimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond reputeBranimir has a reputation beyond repute

If Fed wins another slam it is going to be because Nole and Nadal allowed it.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
country flag Myrre

Myrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branimir View Post
If Fed wins another slam it is going to be because Nole and Nadal allowed it.
Sure. They'll just hand it to him. Very generous these guys.
Myrre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #23
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Goat cheese's fans are so blind and naive that they still believe that he can win another GS....in fact they can be happy when he wins Basel beating Nashikori in final...
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #24
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbyfan View Post
Goat cheese's fans are so blind and naive that they still believe that he can win another GS....in fact they can be happy when he wins Basel beating Nashikori in final...
...who beat the indefatigable Novak Djokovic in the semi, with a bagel in the deciding set no less.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #25
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond repute

I have lowered my expectations for Rog after AO 2009. But most surely after RG 2010. As for Nadal I expect him to choke every single match against Djokovic since clay season 2011.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #26
country flag reery

reery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond reputereery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
Especially Fed fans, but Rafa fans too against Nole, have you lowered your expectations?

I have and have been able to sleep peacefully ever since!
Federer's best chance to win another major will come at the USO this year.
reery is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #27
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark73 View Post
My expectations for fed are greatly reduced. I see him winning only 4-6 more slams.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #28
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark73 View Post
Oh come on, Fed boy thinks he can still be number 1. You are not that optimistic.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #29
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reery View Post
Federer's best chance to win another major will come at the USO this year.
Not in this slow era. Fed may have a legitimate chance at the WTFs.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:55 AM   #30
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
Oh come on, Fed boy thinks he can still be number 1. You are not that optimistic.
I think all champions always think they are the best. Many years ago my school badminton told me I was the best, and you should have seen how crappy I was.

I think sports persons and politicians keep deluding themselves.