Fedal Fans - Have you lowered your expectations? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-16-2012, 03:13 AM   #1
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fedal Fans - Have you lowered your expectations?

Especially Fed fans, but Rafa fans too against Nole, have you lowered your expectations?

I have and have been able to sleep peacefully ever since!
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fedal Fans - Have you lowered your expectations?

All i know is this. In the top 3 in the men's game, djokovic is the only one capable of beating both rafa and fed in the same slam.

Roger is 2400 points behind nadal. If he wins rotterdam and rafa's doesn't play madrid as rumored; there is a shot for roger to get to number 2 before roland garros or even after if rafa doesn't defend the french rafa loses 800 points and roger could have number 2 rank for wimbledon.

Bottom line if nole-rafa are in the same half, federer will at least have a legit shot to actually win a final as opposed to fed beating nole in a semi and then flopping to nadal as expected. Wimbledon is still fed's best shot to beat djokovic and the only place he could conceivably have a chance to beat them both.

I still think fed will do it once before he retires at a slam. If he somehow beats nole and rafa at the same slam. That is how he should end his career...And be the last federer memory

p.s.
the us open is not changing their super saturday for 2012 with the men's semi and final on saturday and sunday. If federer has the number 2 rank and gets murray whereas nadal will draw nole in the semi's. Fed-murray will go first obviouly, and then nadal-nole will kill themselves...

If there is no rain delay; and nole-rafa play 5-6 hr semi; fed will most likely win the us open if his match was light which it always is less demanding physically.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

Roger, Nadal..

Djokovic best

fin
Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

^^I don't think that Federer is the type of guy to retire on a high. If he wins another Slam I think his mindset will be 'I'm in good enough form to win more' rather than 'let's finish on a high'.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #5
country flag mlhyde

mlhyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
All i know is this. In the top 3 in the men's game, djokovic is the only one capable of beating both rafa and fed in the same slam.

Roger is 2400 points behind nadal. If he wins rotterdam and rafa's doesn't play madrid as rumored; there is a shot for roger to get to number 2 before roland garros or even after if rafa doesn't defend the french rafa loses 800 points and roger could have number 2 rank for wimbledon.

Bottom line if nole-rafa are in the same half, federer will at least have a legit shot to actually win a final as opposed to fed beating nole in a semi and then flopping to nadal as expected. Wimbledon is still fed's best shot to beat djokovic and the only place he could conceivably have a chance to beat them both.

I still think fed will do it once before he retires at a slam. If he somehow beats nole and rafa at the same slam. That is how he should end his career...And be the last federer memory

p.s.
the us open is not changing their super saturday for 2012 with the men's semi and final on saturday and sunday. If federer has the number 2 rank and gets murray whereas nadal will draw nole in the semi's. Fed-murray will go first obviouly, and then nadal-nole will kill themselves...

If there is no rain delay; and nole-rafa play 5-6 hr semi; fed will most likely win the us open if his match was light which it always is less demanding physically.
It seems you haven't lowered your expectations. It's almost the best situation we can expect that Fed ranks No.2 and avoids Rafa in semis. I don't think he will retire after defeating Nole and Rafa at the same slam. On the contrary, if he can return to No.2 or No.1, he definitely stands a better chance to win more slams and I don't think he will let the chance go.
And yes, I haven't lowered my expectations... pathetically.
mlhyde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #6
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is true. Federer could not beat both Rafa and Fed in the same slam, neither could Nadal.

How would that even work?
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #7
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
That is true. Federer could not beat both Rafa and Fed in the same slam, neither could Nadal.

One of the best Trolls evah !
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #8
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post

With the Flux capacitor, 2004-2006 fed could do it. In fact, he could beat nole, nadul, and olderer at wimbledon and the us open for sure. Just would have to make sure not to shake hands with olderer.

Last edited by FedvsNole : 02-16-2012 at 05:07 AM.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #9
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Federer is a real expert at defeating himself over and over again. His chokes and numerous mental walkabouts are proof to my claim.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #10
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
^^I don't think that Federer is the type of guy to retire on a high. If he wins another Slam I think his mindset will be 'I'm in good enough form to win more' rather than 'let's finish on a high'.
I think and I hope he is as you say : I don't understand and don't like the fans who ask "retiring on a high".

I like watching him play even if he doesn't win, have pleasant memories of McEnroe's and Connors's carreer ends,

and anyway getting old and declining is just a normal part of everybody's life : I think it's good to accept it

As for the OP's question, yes I've lowered my expectations about Fed since Djokovic became so great and also Nadal stayed at a very high level (and also the game becoming so physical on slow surfaces, and now we hear that the super-saturday won't be cancelled this year, which is bad news for Fed) : I used to think that Fed would still win one or two more slams, now I know it's very possible that he doesn't win one anymore.

That's why yes, contrary to what some people think on MTF, I'm very happy (as he is himself) when he wins a tournament like Rotterdam or even Stockholm

Just like McEnroe's and Connors's carreer ends.

I didn't like Sampras's carreer end because I think it didn't give a good example to common people in their life : it's very important imo that people accept getting old and declining to feel peaceful and happy (I know many people who can't accept it), and then I think it's not a right example.

Sampras made his personal choice, which I respect, he was a great player, but I hate all the comments which say that "it was the best ending ; it should be like that" : no I don't think people should think like that in their own life in general, and also I don't want Federer to retire early, even if he's number 20 in the world he will still have some good moments (I hope he stays in top-4 still for a while though)

Last edited by duong : 02-16-2012 at 11:27 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

of course I have
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

p.s.

The US open is the worst slam. They have a shitty tie break in the 5th set, the scheduling borders on lunacy, no roof resulting in rain delay after rain delay and the crowds are noisy and continuously interrupt play.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

the game is so brutal nowadays that I simply don't think that Fed will win another slam... he could if Nole and Rafa are injured, who knows? regardless, I'd love to see Nole vs. Rog at Wimbledon. It would be so much fun.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Two words: Cry More.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Expectations? What expectations?
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote