Palestine-Israel conflict - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #31
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Palestine-Israel conflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
well, BH doesn't seem to have a problem. he probly feels right at home considering he was raised in northern ireland...
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
You get more desperate every day. Constantly going off on worn-out tangents.
I'm still a huge fan of the bickering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
Here's another picture of an Israeli soldier, this time actually firing on a Palestinian child.

Squeamish posters: be warned, it's extremely disturbing, and you may wish to leave now.

Quote:
''Caveat emptor'' would be a suitable warning for them.

I don't think I am wilLIN to LINger in this thread any more, and will take my taLINts to the PaLINstinian thread.
Wrong thread mate.

I didn't know the pic was fake.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #32
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
all trolling aside, i'll ask you an honest question: what's your opinion on the palestinian-israeli conflict?
I'll give you the terse version (a more involved one would require a good-faith interlocutor).

It's horrible, it's complicated, it's highly charged, and there is blame (to greater or lesser extents) on both sides.

However, until I am a thoroughgoing expert on the subject (I make no such pretensions), I have no wish to join the legions of armchair foreign policy experts who seek to do little more than demonize the objects of their a priori bias (by, say, carelessly fishing out fake pictures that make the target look bad, with no consideration given to their veracity).

You would be well-advised to adopt a similarly cautious way of thinking, but that is not the way of today's younger generation.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #33
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
I'll give you the terse version (a more involved one would require a good-faith interlocutor).

It's horrible, it's complicated, it's highly charged, and there is blame (to greater or lesser extents) on both sides.

However, until I am a thoroughgoing expert on the subject (I make no such pretensions), I have no wish to join the legions of armchair foreign policy experts who seek to do little more than demonize the objects of their a priori bias (by, say, carelessly fishing out fake pictures that make the target look bad, with no consideration given to their veracity).

You would be well-advised to adopt a similarly cautious way of thinking, but that is not the way of today's younger generation.
and that is not to say anything of real content? you and i are virtually from the same generation btw. however, i suppose it should be accounted that ideas among generations vary from culture to culture. not every country's generation thinks like, say, the americans think so i don't think there is much of a point in considering that younger generations accross different nations must have similar culutural traits.

as for the conflict, believe me, i've heard and read stories from both sides. in that regard, without claiming to be an expert or much less than that, i've been reading about this for this for a few years now. but that does matter? you have made up your mind already. your idea that my conceptions are based on bias merely because the focus of my protest is primarely on one side only is by itself a biased way of looking at things. judging that someone's opinion is wrong purely because it is expressed with aggressive words is akin to judging a book's worth purely by it's front cover.

last but not least, i was somewhat ashamed over that picture in the second page. ergo, it was the first time i've given any type of apologies on these boards.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #34
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

''My opinion of Christian zionists? They're scum. But don't tell them that. We need all the useful idiots we can get right now.'' Benjamin Netanyahu
Roadmap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #35
country flag Roadmap

Roadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond reputeRoadmap has a reputation beyond repute

Who needs enemies when they (the Christian zionists) have friends like that.

Last edited by Roadmap : 02-20-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #36
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
''My opinion of Christian zionists? They're scum. But don't tell them that. We need all the useful idiots we can get right now.'' Benjamin Netanyahu
We have already seen the result of false pics in this thread. Now comes a quote with no source. Racist blogs are the only place on the Internet where I could find this supposed quote even mentioned. Is that where you spend your time?

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-20-2012 at 04:32 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #37
country flag Roadmap

Big Ben was hardly going to say that in front of a camera, was he? The whole anti zionist = anti jewish narrative is wearing a little thin. I will now get back to reading my favourite blog (which has a jewish man as an author).
Old 02-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #38
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

So you admit you are a gullible useful idiot of the crazy left?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #39
country flag Roadmap

Quote:
So you admit you are a gullible useful idiot of the crazy left?
I don't remember doing that.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #40
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

It was a question.

But don't worry about it. If you post quotes here and have no idea where they came from, I will draw my own conclusions. No, he didn't have to say it in front of a camera, but there must be some record of him actually saying it, no? Any reasonable person would expect that.

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-20-2012 at 06:17 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #41
country flag Roadmap

Not having categorical confirmation of a quote does not mean it was not said. I believe it was. You obviously don't.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #42
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadmap View Post
Not having categorical confirmation of a quote does not mean it was not said. I believe it was. You obviously don't.
But where did you first hear of this quote?
Old 02-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #43
country flag Roadmap

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...WauBAJYV2s840w Scroll down. Only picked up on it recently.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #44
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

"My opinion of non-Muslim Palestinian sympathizers? They're scum. But don't tell them that, we need all the useful idiots we can get right now." Mahmoud Abbas.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #45
country flag Roadmap

Why do you think I care for the palestinian leadership?