Palestine-Israel conflict - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 year old girl taken outside her home at 3:00 a.m. and threatened at gunpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post

Why are you posting a 2008 report anyway? Wouldn't it be more up-to-date to start a thread on the Syrian children that are being tortured and killed in Syria?
I get your point (I think) but to be fair, the Israel/Palestine situation is nowhere close to being resolved despite the passage of 3, 4 years.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #17
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 year old girl taken outside her home at 3:00 a.m. and threatened at gunpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
Absolutely it is.

Holding Palestinian infants at gunpoint is actually part of an Israeli's typical morning routine, usually after the cup of coffee but before reading the papers.
the fact that ordinary israeli citizens don't do anything to stop the abuses of the Israeli Defense Forces speaks bad on them as a society and worse still when it comes to understand zionism.

in any case, UN reports are pretty unnecessary. just images speak for themselves. all in all, it's just a matter of common sense

And that's just the IDF. like i said, ordinary citizens are not much better. sometimes they're worse

Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
The cartoon is quite representative of the Israel/Palestine conflict IMO.

The Star is on the cap abraxas.
ok
Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #19
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
So from that photo you can confidently state that the soldier is ''threatening the child at gunpoint?'' There was nothing else going on in the area? The soldier took the child outside? If it is 3am, why is it so bright outside? Is that really a girl in the photo? Why is the other child acting so casually with his hands in his pockets? Does the photo have anything to do with your thread title?

Is this thread really a game of ''spot the mistakes in this picture?"

You have outdone yourself. If UN reports are unnecessary, why do you feel the need to post 4-year-old-ones? Was this incident even mentioned in the report you actually posted in support of the thread title?

I can only conclude you just put together a report, a picture and the thread title, none of which is related to the other two.
Please don't grow up to be a scientist. You will never pass peer review. Maybe propagandist is your vocation.

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-15-2012 at 09:07 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #20
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Abraxas, why don't you change the thread title to "Israel/Palestine conflict" or something like that?

and please post a warning before posting those pics.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Abraxas, why don't you change the thread title to "Israel/Palestine conflict" or something like that?
ok, i will. i've actually started other threads about the subject so it could be a good idea to have an official one

Quote:
and please post a warning before posting those pics.
well, BH doesn't seem to have a problem. he probly feels right at home considering he was raised in northern ireland...
Old 02-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #22
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

well, BH doesn't seem to have a problem. he probly feels right at home considering he was raised in northern ireland...
You get more desperate every day. Constantly going off on worn-out tangents.

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-16-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #23
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Palestine-Israel conflict

Seriously my Chilean friend? Do you dream up images like these?

Why are you so obsessed with the dark side?
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #24
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm no defender of Israel and no one denies the atrocities committed and is continually committed by the Israeli army and illegal settlers, but there's no need to use fake/staged pictures to prove that point, this one in particular I know it isn't true

habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #25
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
I'm no defender of Israel and no one denies the atrocities committed and is continually committed by the Israeli army and illegal settlers, but there's no need to use fake/staged pictures to prove that point, this one in particular I know it isn't true
pwned.

NID.

You're such a joke, abraxas.

"just images speak for themselves."

Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #26
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another picture of an Israeli soldier, this time actually firing on a Palestinian child.

Squeamish posters: be warned, it's extremely disturbing, and you may wish to leave now.

Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #27
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
just images speak for themselves. all in all, it's just a matter of common sense

Maybe you want to rethink that common sense claim.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #28
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Abraxas,

please post a warning before posting those pics.
''Caveat emptor'' would be a suitable warning for them.

I don't think I am wilLIN to LINger in this thread any more, and will take my taLINts to the PaLINstinian thread.

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-17-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #29
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
my sincere apologies. i will be more careful checking the sources of the images i might get the next time. or better yet, not post pics at all. facts and words speak for themselves.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #30
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
Here's another picture of an Israeli soldier, this time actually firing on a Palestinian child.
all trolling aside, i'll ask you an honest question: what's your opinion on the palestinian-israeli conflict?