USA def. Switzerland 5-0....(Federer comments about Wawrinka, the court, the tie) - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #421
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA def. Switzerland 5-0....(Federer comments about Wawrinka, the court, the tie)

Duong you sound like you almost wish Fed was less successful and popular so you could respect and love him in peace. It's nice that you like him so much, I like his game too, and what he gave to the game, not so much his personality.
ssin is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #422
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA def. Switzerland 5-0....(Federer comments about Wawrinka, the court, the tie)

What a sore loser this arrogant Swiss is . Can't he learn humility instead of bashing his DC's teammate, surface or anything else ? I won't miss him when he retires, he lacks of class and intelligence, he has no team spirit and is not able to blame himself when he plays bad
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #423
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssin View Post
Duong you sound like you almost wish Fed was less successful and popular so you could respect and love him in peace. It's nice that you like him so much, I like his game too, and what he gave to the game, not so much his personality.
yes you're right : "less successful" (if he "had been" more succesful rather than if he was more precisely) would be great to feel more in peace.

As for his personality, I think he's far from perfect but he's nothing like what many people say, he's a down-to-earth person, and quite simple, he enjoys the way he plays and that he wins, but why wouldn't he be allowed to enjoy ?

And nothing imposed him to play Davis cup, and in what he says you can guess clearly that he doesn't have big hopes to win it, he doesn't play it for his resume but because he enjoys being with the team, and because now his other goals are less numerous and give him more time (in the past, MS1000 tournaments were important, now not so much).

I think that's also a part of the problem of the Swiss media about it : the fact that he said he will play tie by tie, that he didn't look devastated by the defeat (for a long time now he's been able to forget defeats quite quickly), they would like him to say that's a big goal for him whereas he rather plays to be with his friends. Hence also the opinions that he didn't make his best, which I think is wrong because of the fist-pumping to save break points against Isner ... and anyway Federer easily gives this impression that he didn't play his best because people overrate "his best" so much.

Wawrinka wrote about his relationship with him last week : it sounded like a sane relationship, nothing like what some Swiss media wanted make look like because they needed an explanation for the loss.

Last edited by duong : 02-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #424
FedFan

FedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Delusional fedtards trying to walk back Fed's slam of Wawrinka. If he had a history of sportsmanship or graciousness I'd understand, but he's said a lot worse things in English about his opponents.
He has a history - of getting sportmanship- and fan-awards. ;-)This shows that something with your perception of him most be wrong, because most tennisfans like him. They like him more than other players.
It is fine to have an other opinion, but yet instead of blaming Fed and the Fedtards you should accept, that you are not part of the majority in this case. You frustration about that is understandable.
FedFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #425
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone close this quagmire of a thread?
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #426
country flag Mongoose
Banned!

Mongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond reputeMongoose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA def. Switzerland 3-0....(All tie discussion in here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Miracle View Post
Can someone tell me if Marco Chiudenelli hits the ball flat or with a lot of spin? His serving and returning abilities? And is his match with Isner being played on the same surface that Isner beat Federer? Thnx.
Mongoose is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #427
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to the next match between Stan and Roger. Make it happen, tennis gods.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #428
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I'm looking forward to the next match between Stan and Roger. Make it happen, tennis gods.
Why? It will be 3 close sets with Roger breaking Stan's serve 5-4 up in each set. Stan is that big of a mug against Roger. The guy left his wife to become top 5 and look where he is, losing to Fish... no I mean really, losing to a fish, on clay.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 AM   #429
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

people wonder if 1992 was peak courier... they wonder mistakenly... peak courier is 2012
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #430
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
If Wawrinka was not with his team on Sunday, it shows a certain tension within the team, which was not present in the days prior to the competition, as evidenced by the pictures we all saw of Roger playing with Stan's daughter, among others. So something happened, and somehow I don't think it was Wawrinka reading a mistranslated quote in the press.
I read somewhere that Sunday was little Alexia's second birthday. I'm not sure why no one is mentioning this as the reason Stan didn't want to spend potentially 5 hours sitting in that stadium for nothing. Stan can't afford to take his family and an entourage of nannies around the world like Roger does, so he doesn't see her that often. I think it's absolutely the right decision to spend that time with his family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
I LOOOOVE the owl video that this is from!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 AM   #431
country flag mark73

mark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond repute

Fed is a sore looser, that's all. Everyone has there faults.
It's not as though he eats babies or puppies for breakfast.

Fed vs Rafa

Wimbledon: 7-2
U.s open: 5-2
AO: 4-1
FO 1-9
WTF: 6-0
Weeks at number one: 302-140(about)

Really no contest
mark73 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2012, 04:23 AM   #432
country flag mark73

mark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond reputemark73 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
What a gorgeous animal.

Fed vs Rafa

Wimbledon: 7-2
U.s open: 5-2
AO: 4-1
FO 1-9
WTF: 6-0
Weeks at number one: 302-140(about)

Really no contest
mark73 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #433
country flag Smiling Buddha

Smiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond reputeSmiling Buddha has a reputation beyond repute

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...n-translation/
Smiling Buddha is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #434
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan View Post
He has a history - of getting sportmanship- and fan-awards. ;-)This shows that something with your perception of him most be wrong, because most tennisfans like him. They like him more than other players.
It is fine to have an other opinion, but yet instead of blaming Fed and the Fedtards you should accept, that you are not part of the majority in this case. You frustration about that is understandable.
the majority of folks believe invisible men in the sky exist.
a majority of human beings has average intelligence.

Last edited by heya : 02-15-2012 at 05:23 AM.
heya is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #435
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
the majority of folks believe invisible men in the sky exist.
a majority of human beings has average intelligence.
heya welcome back
tektonac is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread