Was Djokovic just really unlucky at slams between 2008 and 2010? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #31
country flag nadalwon2012
Banned!

nadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was Djokovic just really unlucky at slams between 2008 and 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-hero View Post

pretty sure he's clean- his style of play is hardly taxing at all- its no wonder he stays relatively healthy and hardly injured

i'm sure i read an article somewhere that HGH use has a correlation with injuries
Neither Federer nor Nadal are in superhuman shape, as you an see by this picture of Australian Open 2011 Nadal-

Nadal was only muscular in 2008. After that he lost most of his muscle definition, and subsequently became the first man in world history to win 3 slams on 3 different surfaces, in 2010. If you are looking for a superhuman physique-

I hope Djok is clean. Even if Djok is found guilty, the slam titles won't be transferred to Nadal, unlike at the Olympics where the runner-up receives gold when cheating is found.
nadalwon2012 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #32
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by idolwatcher1 View Post
Why is it always the top players that MTF has this kind of talk about? What about the people who have to face Djokovic in slams and they might've been able to get a round further if it weren't for him or some other slam champion being in the way I don't know what it is, but it seems like fans of the top players are rarely satisfied, no matter what the accomplishments their favorites have achieved. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like everytime a major draw comes out, they seem to complain the loudest when anybody who is "good" might face their precious favorite. If he is worthy of the title, then he will win it by earning it. Otherwise, someone else had a better tournament.
Word, man.
It's bloody strange to see those endless expectations. Also, many seem to think that GS-titles - or just whatever titles - grown on trees and they're just there to pick for the top guys, never mind the fact that all the other guys can play a pretty good ball at times as well. Tough losses against other players are being called 'flukes', hence the amount of 'respect' that guys like Söderling, Tsonga, and now Isner (just to name a few of them), get on this board - oh noes, the Top Dog "got unlucky!" He "didn't care"! etc.

It's in fact very difficult to win a big title, and winning even 'just' ONE GS-title is a massive achievement. Be happy for all that your favs have managed to achieve, in stead of lamenting about ifs-buts-shoulda-woulda-coulda's.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #33
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

"Players can use short-acting steroids in combination with human growth hormone which will produce muscle mass and enormous power, and while they can stop just before a competition and test clean, they still get the performance benefit of the drugs"
Former chief executive of the Australian Sports Drug Agency, John Mendoza

"The ATP also suffers from a dilemma. Imagine if Federer or Nadal were caught doping. I probably would not suspend them, because they are too important. But where is the line?"
- Former Pro Andrei Medvedev

John McEnroe: "You can tell when somone has been on steroids… A guy bulks up, has a new body and never gets tired...You see these guys or girls who come onto the tour talking about their new training programs and their diets where they eat this or that new thing…but they’ll never tell you about the drugs they took."

Jim Courier: "I'm much more inclined to have a concern for something that we cannot test for under the current system of testing, which is blood doping..."

Jim Courier: "EPO is the problem, I have pretty strong suspicions that guys are using it on the tour. I see guys who are out there week in and week out without taking rests. EPO can help you when it's the fifth set and you've been playing for four-and-a-half hours."

Andre Agassi (1999): "I have absolutely no knowledge of anyone blood-doping whatsoever."

Andre Agassi (in 2009, admitting that he failed a drug test in 1997 and successfully lied to the ATP to get them to drop the case): "Then I come to the central lie of the letter...I say that recently I drank accidentally from one of Slim's spiked sodas, unwittingly ingesting his drugs. I ask for understanding and leniency and hastily sign it: Sincerely."
Old 02-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #34
country flag nadalwon2012
Banned!

nadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond reputenadalwon2012 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Although Agassi's drug-taking was recreational drug-use, Crystal Meth, which only helped him get to number 141 in the world. The ATP knew it wasn't performance-enhancing obviously, so they were bound to be lenient. The only reason why self-destroying drugs like Crystal Meth are on the banned list is because athletes taking them are setting a bad example as role-models for children. By ignoring Agassi's drug use, the ATP is preventing children from seeing this, and therefore achieving a greater result than banning him (which would reveal his drug use to his legion of young fans, setting a bad example for them). Kids were copying everything Agassi did back then, the haircuts, the pirate gear, everything. Whereas if a tennis player was using steroids or a masking agent, then the ATP would have true reason to ban them and send a message to other tennis players, serving a real purpose.
nadalwon2012 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #35
country flag Ouragan

Ouragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond reputeOuragan has a reputation beyond repute

Even that AO 2008 was tainted, Fed had mono when he lost. I just think he's come of age. And gluten.
Ouragan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #36
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Not unlucky. He just did not really care.

Like this year, he did not really lose 6 times, when he lost, he just did not care. So the losses don't count.

Nole is pretty much undefeated when he cares about the match.

Ajde.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #37
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic lost his way during that time. He doubted himself and as a sportsman doubt is your biggest opponent. Simple as that.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Mods, can we please ban whoever posted the shirtless picture of Federer.

Shirtless pics of NoleGoat may stay however.

Ajde.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #39
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbasher101 View Post
Djokovic lost his way during that time. He doubted himself and as a sportsman doubt is your biggest opponent. Simple as that.
Quality poster says no:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Nole didn't collapse. To be honest with you, Novak just didn't give a shit after he won the USO.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #40
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

nah he got quite lucky with a bunch of the draws tbh - he just fucked up his chances in the later stages/was beaten.
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #41
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Word, man.
It's bloody strange to see those endless expectations. Also, many seem to think that GS-titles - or just whatever titles - grown on trees and they're just there to pick for the top guys, never mind the fact that all the other guys can play a pretty good ball at times as well. Tough losses against other players are being called 'flukes', hence the amount of 'respect' that guys like Söderling, Tsonga, and now Isner (just to name a few of them), get on this board - oh noes, the Top Dog "got unlucky!" He "didn't care"! etc.

It's in fact very difficult to win a big title, and winning even 'just' ONE GS-title is a massive achievement. Be happy for all that your favs have managed to achieve, in stead of lamenting about ifs-buts-shoulda-woulda-coulda's.
good post. couldn't agree more. I think it's all human nature. We can't get enough. We need more. Many guys here do not realize how hard Novak, Roger and Nadal had to work to get where they are right now. And what's up with all this PED garbage?
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #42
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

No, he sucked. Kohlschreiber, Melzer the standout GS exits.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #43
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
No, he sucked. Kohlschreiber, Melzer the standout GS exits.
well, I don't think he really sucked. sure some bad loses, but tennis is an individual sport. it's very hard to play your best all the time. How many silly loses have even prime Roger or Nadal had? too many, I can give you a list...

what is really important is that the top guys can raise their game when it's really important. that's why they are multiple GS winners.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #44
country flag betowiec

betowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond reputebetowiec has a reputation beyond repute

back then, nole was not good enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBrian View Post
dont you people love my +375 dogs???
2010 MTF MISS Nole fan
betowiec is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #45
BIGMARAT

BIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond reputeBIGMARAT has a reputation beyond repute

When he won his first slam, his team and Him became over confident and is too much of themselves.
Until he realizes being number one is not just being a star rather a hard work.
In short, its just maturity. He had all the tools to win everything as early as 2008 to beat anyone.
BIGMARAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote