Roscoe Tanner is going back to jail - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
country flag SwissMister1

SwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roscoe Tanner is going back to jail

The guy keeps getting in to trouble...

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=2295245

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Former tennis star Roscoe Tanner was sentenced to two years in prison for violating probation on his grand theft conviction.

The 55-year-old Tanner was sentenced Friday, Pinellas County court records said.

He was sentenced to 10 years of probation in November 2003 in Florida for bouncing a $35,595 check he used to buy a 32-foot boat in 2000. Then he was arrested in Tennessee in October, accused of violating his probation by failing to make restitution payments.

In 2004, Tanner was sentenced to a year of probation for failing to pay more than $80,000 in child support for a daughter he fathered.

Tanner, a highly ranked player through the 1970s, won the 1977 Australian Open and was the Wimbledon runner-up in 1979. Known for his big serve, he won about $2 million in prize money and played on the U.S. Davis Cup team.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

PAW #1 5/22/06
Predict-the-SCORE US Open Champion
SwissMister1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2006, 12:52 AM   #2
country flag binkygirl

binkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roscoe Tanner is going back to jail

Where did it all go wrong for him? Back in 1990, he was doing a tiny bit of tennis commentating on TV with Cliff Drysdale, but wasn't good. Plus, he had a nice head pro job at that tennis club in California which is the only one to offer all four surfaces for tennis play. A few years later, he moved his family back east and got a divorce. After that, all of his troubles seemed to start. Have you ever heard anything about him having substance problems? He seems hopelessly out of control.

Why can't all guys be this sexy?

Member of the MTF pervert squad

Partygirl rules!!

best MTF thread ever - tangerine_dream is a bully
binkygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #3

SwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkygirl
Where did it all go wrong for him? Back in 1990, he was doing a tiny bit of tennis commentating on TV with Cliff Drysdale, but wasn't good. Plus, he had a nice head pro job at that tennis club in California which is the only one to offer all four surfaces for tennis play. A few years later, he moved his family back east and got a divorce. After that, all of his troubles seemed to start. Have you ever heard anything about him having substance problems? He seems hopelessly out of control.
I believe he got into the coke...the funny thing is I saw some bio on him where they were saying he was actually known as the most "straight edge," clean-cut guy of all the American players of his time. I don't know when he started his downfall. He even had to sell his Aussie Open trophy...

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

PAW #1 5/22/06
Old 01-18-2006, 01:05 AM   #4
country flag binkygirl

binkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That would all make sense that he got into illegal substances. The saddest thing I ever heard was about an actor who was so addicted to heroin, etc, that he actually stripped the fixtures from his house and was trying to sell those. It is so sad that Roscoe had to sell his Aussie Open trophy. You'd think that would be a wakeup call and it wasn't.

You're right about his old rep as being a 'clean cut' American guy. I wonder if his getting into drugs was a midlife crisis sort of thing.

Thanks for posting the update on Roscoe. When I first heard about him having 'problems', I actually thought that they were just insane rumors, because his image was once so impeccably pristine.

Partygirl rules!!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:19 AM   #5

Have you ever read the Wertheim article about him? I really didn't know anything about him, he was well before my time, but the article is a good read, and goes into some detail about his downfall, and I learned a lot about Tanner.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...8611_1,00.html

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

PAW #1 5/22/06
Old 01-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
country flag binkygirl

Wow.. That is a sad story.

Partygirl rules!!

Old 02-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
country flag Bashak

Bashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond reputeBashak has a reputation beyond repute

New York Times article abou Roscoe Tanner:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/sp...to-change.html

Suicide Tennis Winner: Doha 2010, Basel 2009 FITD Winner: Auckland 2012, Nice 2010, London WTF 2009, Tokyo 2009, Roland Garros 2009, Paris 2008, Basel 2008 TT Finalist: Nottingham 2009, Savannah 2009, Marrakech 2011. TT Doubles Winner: Sarasota 2011 (w/ coasterman9 TT Doubles Finalist: Bergamo 2011 (w/ leoneo), Fergana 2009 (w/ catatonia) DTT Doubles Winner: Miami 2011 (w/Abollo)
Bashak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Divorce can seriously damage your mental health.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

dude was a huge choker. has one of the worst W/L record in finals in the history of the game
Old 02-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #10
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Divorce can seriously damage your mental health.
unless you are divorcing a mug
ossie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

that's my man. today's tennis needs personalities like this one
Old 02-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Send him to Guantanamo once for all.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote