DC Round 1: Isner defeats Federer 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-2 (USA leads 2-0) - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #121
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC Round 1: Isner defeats Federer 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-2 (USA leads 2-0)

You couldn't make it up.

Terrible day for Switzerland, and I wonder how many people would have predicted this.

USA with a commanding 2-0 lead, but the tie isn't necessarily over yet. That is, assuming that Switzerland wants to fight back. Federer and Wawrinka need to take to the court tomorrow - the only real chance for Switzerland to pull a rubber back, and even then they are surely marginal underdogs against Bryan and Isner/Fish.

I'll be surprised if the Swiss change the original line-up, at least to respect their paying public.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #122
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

I think the clay court helped Isner more than Federer

The high bounce kept putting any defensive shot by Federer right into Isner's wheelhouse and he was crushing forehand after forehand. Not to mention the obvious advantage of 20 ft high kick serves. Federer adjusted to some of the kick serves later in the match by taking them far back in the court, but Isner was ripping the reply for winners anyway. Also by far the best returning i've ever seen from Isner....the court slowing the ball down to give Isner extra time and the high bounce putting it right in Isner's zone resulted in a bunch of return winners.

Also, the court was crap. Neither player moved well on it, and there were plenty of bad bounces. Federer never seemed in rhythm to me and never seemed emotionally invested in the match.

John said it was the biggest win of his career, and I have to agree. Hopefully it gives him confidence that transfers to Masters series and Slams.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #123
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Not totally expected in the grand scheme of this
Fed just a few months shy of the age when Sampras
Retired.
I think federer is headed that way with his game in
Massive decline.
Only maintaining his position in this era because it is weak.
He is mantaining his position because he is still brilliant in many of his matches.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #124
country flag Tennis-Life

Tennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond repute

Fed

May be its time to retire
Tennis-Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #125
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond repute

This is the end for Roger ?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #126
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddickominator View Post

The high bounce kept putting any defensive shot by Federer right into Isner's wheelhouse and he was crushing forehand after forehand. Not to mention the obvious advantage of 20 ft high kick serves. Federer adjusted to some of the kick serves later in the match by taking them far back in the court, but Isner was ripping the reply for winners anyway. Also by far the best returning i've ever seen from Isner....the court slowing the ball down to give Isner extra time and the high bounce putting it right in Isner's zone resulted in a bunch of return winners.

Also, the court was crap. Neither player moved well on it, and there were plenty of bad bounces. Federer never seemed in rhythm to me and never seemed emotionally invested in the match.

John said it was the biggest win of his career, and I have to agree. Hopefully it gives him confidence that transfers to Masters series and Slams.
The most honest assessment from an American yet! John played great, was attacking and deserved to win but was aided by a subpar and nonchalant Roger
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #127
country flag tennis2tennis

tennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond reputetennis2tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Life View Post
Fed

May be its time to retire
It'll be interesting to see if protecting a legacy would win over his love of playing
tennis2tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #128
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyfur View Post
Still doesn't explain why he would play less than a week before his next tournament, he does have back issues.
Yes, there is a large monkey on it.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #129
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Federer have to play in order to be eligble for Olympics?
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #130
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I said In live commentary thread that Isner not likely to win after he won the second set. I am soooo happy he proved me wrong.

Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #131
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Federer needs ahem supplements ASAP .

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #132
country flag DomachowskaDreamer

DomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeDomachowskaDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Isner
DomachowskaDreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #133
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Not that surprising if you watched the 1st rubber. This is one of the most fucked up clay courts I've ever seen. When Isner is serving from the clouds theres not much even the mighty FG can do.

Ajde.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #134
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Federer have to play in order to be eligble for Olympics?
no, I think he secured that last year playing vs Portugal and Australia.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #135
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddickominator View Post
It most definitely did.
I still wonder who this Swiss moron was/is, thinking that this very high-bouncing clay would do the Swiss team a favour.
Preparing this particular kind of surface is such a idea that it actually makes me .

Quote:

Nice post. BTW, Fed himself agrees with you, said that he himself "wasn't playing bad", but that Isner just played exceptional tennis today.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.

Last edited by Sunset of Age : 02-10-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote