DC Round 1: Isner defeats Federer 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-2 (USA leads 2-0) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #31
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC Round 1: Isner defeats Federer 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-2 (USA leads 2-0)

The court seemed to play quick but very high bouncing. Isner did very well and at the same time the balls really sat up in an ideal strike zone for him. Federer was constantly having to reach and stretch and always seemed against it, especially when returning serves -- the ball was bouncing stupendously high. Isner played lights out in patches on his fh side and finished the match with what, 3 straight return winners?

Played.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #32
country flag theKSHE

theKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond reputetheKSHE has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, this is how you outplay someone, Lawrence. Just in case you still can't understand the difference.
theKSHE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #33
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

hell of a match from isner

served goat-style and forehand on fire. lol, the 2nd serve bounced 5m high

brilliant return game to win the match

roger

but respect to john
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #34
country flag Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice performance from Big John. Amazing serving from the big man, the best serve ever on clay.
Say Hey Kid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #35
country flag NadalesDios

NadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond reputeNadalesDios has a reputation beyond repute

Swiss people must be happy with Federer
NadalesDios is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #36
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic performance by Isner, was the (far) better player ever since the moment Fed was so kind to hand him over the break in the 2nd set (yes, that was handed over, nothing less). Kept playing better-and-better, and during the final games, Fed had nothing to hit him with anymore, not even close. That final game was telling: three sizzling return winners to settle the deal. Nothing Fed could have done against those, and to me it looked like he'd already given up the match at that point. Everything worked for Isner today, a great victory and fully deserved. Kudos to the US team!

As for a remark, there's by now a disturbing pattern emerging from Fed's best-of-five performances: most usually wins the first set (or even two), but doesn't seem to be able to keep up his level of playing for a longer period anymore.
Looks like a glaring sign of genuine decline to me, and if this pattern doesn't convince folks of this fact, nothing will, I suppose.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #37
country flag Josh V

Josh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond repute

John played amazing! Cograts!

Isner, Sock, Williams, Johnson, Harrison

Baghdatis, Hewitt, Gasquet, Raonic
Josh V is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #38
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

God bless America, my home sweet home.

Fed

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #39
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

kudos to Inser but I really don't think that Fed takes DC too seriously. Do you think that Isner could beat Rog in any GS? doubt it.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
country flag LleytonMonfils

LleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond reputeLleytonMonfils has a reputation beyond repute

LleytonMonfils is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #41
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the tie is over to be honest, if the Swiss manage to grab the doubles, Federer should beat Fish and Wawrinka might take Isner if he has a bad serving day... Wawa is more comfortable with high bouncing balls anyway. But that's a big if!
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #42
country flag bokehlicious
Banned!

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalesDios View Post
Swiss people must be happy with Federer
Unlike some other nations, hum, we are no nationalist nutheads
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #43
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Isner played fantastic, Roger's first serve percentage were low, and the high kicking surface was perfect for Isner. He made very very few unforced errors.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #44
country flag Josh V

Josh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
As for the match, John generally hit Fed off the court. And really like we have seen a few times, clay can augment his game quite well.
Exactly. John can play really well on clay.

Isner, Sock, Williams, Johnson, Harrison

Baghdatis, Hewitt, Gasquet, Raonic
Josh V is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #45
country flag MIMIC

MIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond reputeMIMIC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lleyton_ View Post
New clay GOAT. Took Nadal to five sets at RG and now this
Don't forget Isner's 5-setter against Novak.
MIMIC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote