The South Asian music thread... - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #121
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The South Asian music thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
heard about that movie haasil, need to watch it.....have you by any chance seen "the angrez"(2006)? it's one of the lowest budget movies ever, hilarious to the core with complete hyderabadi style urdu-mixed-hindi.....

I had seen a lot of Hyderabadi movies. And i tell you they are hilarious to the core. Frankly speaking they are up amongst the most hilarious genres all over the world. The actors are totally natural, stories are quite simple. I enjoyed a lot.

Actually the one you mentioned Angrez i didnt find it that funny. Much funnier are Family Pack,Berozgaar and Half Fry. Do watch them if you can.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #122
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
Beautiful country,beautiful climate, great break fasts,great language on the positive side. Very Grumpy and stubborn people,horrible meals(they hardly cook their meat) and some weird tasting cheese on the down side. All in all i like the country.
Wow, did you just call the exalted French cuisine "horrible" ? The French would crucify you for that (I do understand though, coming from India, we like our meat curried and cooked )

Quote:
What about u Tennizen, A Bengali in Mauritius ?
That sounds really exotic. You should move to Mauritius Hema Shinoj, are you a Hyderabadi too ? (I'm the bengali btw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
^^ I was just thinking of this song Pretty much every Indian guy born in the late 70s/80s was of the same opinion

But she once was invited to judge Indian Idol and I found her extremely difficult to tolerate
Why did she stop acting suddenly - was it marriage and subsequent "settling down" ? And why was she irritating as a judge ? I was watching Indian Idol about 2 years back @ home, and there was a major fight going on between judges Anu malik and Bappi Lahiri - it was hilarious !

Since ashi was posting some olden goldies, here is one which has always been one of my favorites- all the songs from this movie were so melodious ! Always liked Amol Palekar's movies somehow- very understated acting..

Last edited by noddzy : 02-28-2012 at 02:10 AM.
noddzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #123
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavoyfan View Post
Pretty much the whole Rockstar album by A R Rahman is excellent, imo.
And this coming after the overrated slumdog millionaire soundtrack.
Welcome to the forum ! Who is this mcavoy you are a fan of ?!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #124
country flag mcavoyfan

mcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Welcome to the forum ! Who is this mcavoy you are a fan of ?!
James McAvoy, the actor. . Hes Professor-X in X-men:First Class...also acted in movies like Atonement, Wanted, Narnia,etc.
I just figured that there might be too many Fedfans here, hence the username.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTROJO-WILFRIED TSONGARICHARD GASQUET

Not a fan of Nadal or Djokovic but respect their achievements
mcavoyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #125
country flag mcavoyfan

mcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond repute

This is a truly hilarious song from Delhi Belly

http://youtu.be/iHg8IqtTONk

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTROJO-WILFRIED TSONGARICHARD GASQUET

Not a fan of Nadal or Djokovic but respect their achievements
mcavoyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #126
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I had seen a lot of Hyderabadi movies. And i tell you they are hilarious to the core. Frankly speaking they are up amongst the most hilarious genres all over the world. The actors are totally natural, stories are quite simple. I enjoyed a lot.

Actually the one you mentioned Angrez i didnt find it that funny. Much funnier are Family Pack,Berozgaar and Half Fry. Do watch them if you can.
check out hungama in dubai....
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #127
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of good movies,I always loved the music from the movie 'Zakhm', starring Ajay Devgan, Sonali Bendre, Pooja Bhat & a young Kunal Khemu.

Poignant.
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #128
country flag GOAT = Fed
Banned!

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Ashi I love your choice in music

Moving on from emotional songs, here's a funky one:

The song speaks the truth
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #129
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually i like Singham type of movies IF IT IS WELL MADE. One man taking on an Entire army. On a similar note
i liked Satya,Ghayal,Shool,Dum with Vivek Oberoi
I agree. Just need to watch with a different mindset. I haven't seen Shool and Dum. I liked Ab Tak Chappan a lot and I thought Seher(Arshad Warsi) was a very underrated cop movie.

Rustic movies: Ishqiya was pretty good. Vishal Bharadwaj did a great job with Omkara, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavoyfan View Post
Pretty much the whole Rockstar album by A R Rahman is excellent, imo.
And this coming after the overrated slumdog millionaire soundtrack.
I need to listen to this but somehow I cannot get around to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post

Why did she stop acting suddenly - was it marriage and subsequent "settling down" ? And why was she irritating as a judge ? I was watching Indian Idol about 2 years back @ home, and there was a major fight going on between judges Anu malik and Bappi Lahiri - it was hilarious !
I don't think she was going anywhere with her career. Probably what you said as well Reg. the judging on Indian Idol, she wasn't knowledgeable at all and was very prejudiced against some contestants

Quote:
Since ashi was posting some olden goldies, here is one which has always been one of my favorites- all the songs from this movie were so melodious ! Always liked Amol Palekar's movies somehow- very understated acting..
Nice! Agreed about his movies. Fun to watch and always had great music. Here's two of my favorite songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi View Post

Poignant.
Like this one. Good selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Ashi I love your choice in music

Moving on from emotional songs, here's a funky one:

The song speaks the truth
Post some "item" songs as well while you are at it
"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #130
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Like this

Edit: I love the up-tempo bit at the end of the song. The random whistles, the dance they all fit so well.

"Who ain't a slave? Tell me that. Well, then, however the old sea-captains may order me about—however they may thump and punch me about, I have the satisfaction of knowing that it is all right; that everybody else is one way or other served in much the same way— either in a physical or metaphysical point of view, that is; and so the universal thump is passed round, and all hands should rub each other's shoulder-blades, and be content." - Herman Melville, Moby Dick

Last edited by tennizen : 02-28-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #131
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Never liked the Indian Idol Serial. Dont like Indian serials copying an American concept. BTW have you guys seen that Abhishek Sawant, winner from i guess the first Indian Idol is compering at a Comedy Show. Its hilarious and tragic both together.

One of the songs from the 90s which is just heard.

Oh Man 90s.... Those were the times
Old 02-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #132
country flag tennizen

Old 02-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #133
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

where in india are you from shinoj?
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #134
country flag noddzy

This is turning into a nice radio station

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Had the same reaction watching the song

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi View Post
Speaking of good movies,I always loved the music from the movie 'Zakhm', starring Ajay Devgan, Sonali Bendre, Pooja Bhat & a young Kunal Khemu.

Poignant.
Remember watching this movie- nice songs. Reminded me of another not so well known movie "Prahar", and this song. Loved this one.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:33 AM   #135
country flag Shinoj

Nodzy,STG, I am from Mumbai,Navi Mumbai to be precise. Mallu by origin.

And STG whats your Obsession with Nadal ?