The South Asian music thread... - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #106
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The South Asian music thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Actually, it's a serious movie. If you are looking for fun, try Khosla ka Ghosla. Also, I read somewhere that Shor in the City is a good movie. Haven't watched it myself. And if all else fails, watch Singham and revel in the ridiculosity
I was wondering for a sec, then a quick google told me it was a Hindi remake of the original.

If only Hollywood constantly churned out the epic concept that is a lone cop taking on an entire army of gangsters with their bare fists, the World of Cinema would be a better place.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #107
country flag mcavoyfan

mcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of my favourites from the film Rockstar(2011)

http://youtu.be/w7lNCCSFowk

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTROJO-WILFRIED TSONGARICHARD GASQUET

Not a fan of Nadal or Djokovic but respect their achievements
mcavoyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #108
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
What about u Tennizen, A Bengali in Mauritius ?
Nothing so exciting. I am from AP and live in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
I was wondering for a sec, then a quick google told me it was a Hindi remake of the original.

If only Hollywood constantly churned out the epic concept that is a lone cop taking on an entire army of gangsters with their bare fists, the World of Cinema would be a better place.
Hollywood tries that concept every once in a while- they just lack our flair and conviction

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavoyfan View Post
This is one of my favourites from the film Rockstar(2011)

http://youtu.be/w7lNCCSFowk
Nice. Hadn't heard this before.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #109
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Sarfarosh is definitely not a new movie though ! I think it was in the 90's..remember watching it and being totally smitten by Sonali Bendre at the time- I think she was one of the most beautiful Indian actresses.
I think Sonali Bendre must be one of the lost talents of that generation. She still is amazingly beautiful.

BTW on a similar note i saw Raveena Tandon on TV compering for a Talk show and she is looking SIZZLING hot.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #110
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond repute

Sonali was pretty damn gorgeous. I still remember watching this as a kid.
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #111
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I was just thinking of this song Pretty much every Indian guy born in the late 70s/80s was of the same opinion

But she once was invited to judge Indian Idol and I found her extremely difficult to tolerate
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
Old 02-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #112
country flag Ashi

Ashi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond reputeAshi has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm not a guy but I still remember it.I also remember the white blouse & jean short combo she is wearing at the end of the video. I forced my parents to buy something like that for my birthday present. Albeit for a child.
Ashi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #113
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

cool thread, g =/ f.....needless to say that i will contribute from now on......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #114
country flag tennizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashi View Post
Well, I'm not a guy but I still remember it.I also remember the white blouse & jean short combo she is wearing at the end of the video. I forced my parents to buy something like that for my birthday. Albeit for a child.
I am not a guy either-just remember all the guys in my high school class going gaga over her. And I remember that orange dress she wore at the beginning Think they showed this song one too many times( What was that show- ek se badhkar ek?)
Old 02-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #115
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, it's a serious movie. If you are looking for fun, try Khosla ka Ghosla. Also, I read somewhere that Shor in the City is a good movie. Haven't watched it myself. And if all else fails, watch Singham and revel in the ridiculosity

Actually i like Singham type of movies IF IT IS WELL MADE. One man taking on an Entire army. On a similar note
i liked Satya,Ghayal,Shool,Dum with Vivek Oberoi

This song is like an energiser. It really rocks

Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #116
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post

different strokes for different folks.....one cop downing a bunch of gangsters and stories alike may have gotten too old now but rest of the world bears the hollywood crap as well.....batman, spiderman sagas are glorified crap but still people watch it for their own reasons.....

i would dearly recommend you all to first watch "satya"(1998) and then "company"(2002).....two of the most realistic movies and true masterpieces.....bollywood started declining after 2005.....
Old 02-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #117
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
I think Sonali Bendre must be one of the lost talents of that generation. She still is amazingly beautiful.

BTW on a similar note i saw Raveena Tandon on TV compering for a Talk show and she is looking SIZZLING hot.
sonali bendre was an incredible hottie.....i will never forget her 1990 nirma ad.....
Old 02-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #118
country flag Shinoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
bollywood started declining after 2005.....

Not so fast. There are people like Anurag Kashyap,Tigmanshu Dhulia and so on who still produce Realistic,Rustic Master pieces.

I so so so like Haasil,Gulaal,Shaitaan. Here is a scene from Haasil

Some more

Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #119
Banned!

heard about that movie haasil, need to watch it.....have you by any chance seen "the angrez"(2006)? it's one of the lowest budget movies ever, hilarious to the core with complete hyderabadi style urdu-mixed-hindi.....
Old 02-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #120
country flag mcavoyfan

mcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond reputemcavoyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice. Hadn't heard this before.
Pretty much the whole Rockstar album by A R Rahman is excellent, imo.
And this coming after the overrated slumdog millionaire soundtrack.

JUAN MARTIN DEL POTROJO-WILFRIED TSONGARICHARD GASQUET

Not a fan of Nadal or Djokovic but respect their achievements
mcavoyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote