The South Asian music thread... - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #61
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The South Asian music thread...

Wow how have I missed this thread! I love this music and it doesn't matter that I can't understand any of the actual words. I believe music can "speak" to people without words.
It is something you can just "feel" and know that you love it because it touches you deep inside!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #62
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Wow how have I missed this thread! I love this music and it doesn't matter that I can't understand any of the actual words. I believe music can "speak" to people without words.
It is something you can just "feel" and know that you love it because it touches you deep inside!
Good to see you Mae Have you heard classical Indian music before ? I am guessing you have watched some Bollywood movie sometime or the other, so you would be familiar with the pop music..
Old 02-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #63
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Now for something different. This was from a TV music competition( the boy is singing a Pakistani folk song).

This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #64
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Now for something different. This was from a TV music competition( the boy is singing a Pakistani folk song).

Great voice ! Since we are on the topic of kid geniuses, here is one which is non south-asian (no one would notice ) This girl is actually from Pittsburgh- she was on America's got talent, and when she started singing in the program, I nearly fell off the chair Singing Ave Maria here.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #65
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice. Very mature singing-full of poise.
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #66
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Hola guys. Great to see this thread has been active and some very lovely music has been posted while I was away.

Here's one more:

GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #67
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I think they should be called compositions

Don't want to spoil it further but she marries that creepy dude in the end
I figured it was going that way. But wow was he creepy.

Quote:
Like sham said, it is taught everywhere in India(and any other country with large Indian populations) but in general, it is not taught for a month(unless it is just for fun). It is usually more like ballet(years and years of practice).
I had it figured as some sort of religion-centred traditional ballet-level dance. I'm quite aware I wouldn't exactly be hired for the Indian Traditional Dance equivalent of Swan Queen after a month of lessons . Just enough to make you an educated spectator, I would assume.
Though I figure it would probably take upward of 8 months just to get the hand gestures right!

Quote:
To me, it sounds like some weird mix of guitar and cello.
Sort of, now that you mention it.

Quote:
For Harmless:

noddzy and sham close your eyes Promise won't post more of these for some time

Some good synchro in this.

Lovely. Though my favourite is still the one you posted earlier. Her form was so gorgeous, and the flow was, well, flawless, not a step wasted in either direction.
I'd love some more of this some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Don't worry about us- all this quite educational for me too, so keep these videos coming. There is something moving and edifying about introducing one's arts/culture to a curious and open-minded outsider such as Maya - in some ways it makes me appreciate it better.
True, I find everything more fascinating when I'm in the process of researching and explaining it as well.

Quote:
True. This Maya is a gem . But I also want to preserve her open-mindedness and not bombard her with stuff just because she asked( not as if I haven't done that already
Oh stawp.

I have not had enough and I humbly request more pls some time.

Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:59 AM   #68
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good to see you Mae Have you heard classical Indian music before ? I am guessing you have watched some Bollywood movie sometime or the other, so you would be familiar with the pop music..
Oh indeed I have heard classical Indian music before. I didn't just first hear it in this thread. And I have loved it for years! Also the clothes are just beautiful Every now and again even where I live I can see a few women wearing Indian clothing. Of course, they aren't as fancy as the women wear who are performing, but they are also beautiful

Old 02-22-2012, 05:02 AM   #69
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Quote:
Great voice ! Since we are on the topic of kid geniuses, here is one which is non south-asian (no one would notice ) This girl is actually from Pittsburgh- she was on America's got talent, and when she started singing in the program, I nearly fell off the chair Singing Ave Maria here.

Jackie already has CDs out now! And she does have a beautiful voice

Old 02-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #70
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

I am really liking this new Bollywood song.

Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:20 AM   #71
country flag noddzy

Quote:
Oh indeed I have heard classical Indian music before. I didn't just first hear it in this thread. And I have loved it for years! Also the clothes are just beautiful Every now and again even where I live I can see a few women wearing Indian clothing. Of course, they aren't as fancy as the women wear who are performing, but they are also beautiful
Ah nice, you are well informed then I know quite few Americans/Europeans who have watched bollywood movies/songs (if you go to any Indian buffet, you cannot escape them ), but very few are acquainted with the classical form of music/dance...

Quote:
Jackie already has CDs out now! And she does have a beautiful voice
Yes, she is quite a talent - was both sad and happy that she did not end up winning America's Got Talent- that was the only year I watched the show !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoj View Post
I am really liking this new Bollywood song.

nice song (I hate english lyrics in hindi songs though), and of course Bipasha Basu (the actress)
Old 02-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #72
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

I have been interested in all things Indian since I first saw a picture of the Taj Mahal when I was very young. It is so very beautiful

Old 02-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #73
country flag tennizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Hola guys. Great to see this thread has been active and some very lovely music has been posted while I was away.

Here's one more:
Hey G=F, you should post more songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post

I had it figured as some sort of religion-centred traditional ballet-level dance. I'm quite aware I wouldn't exactly be hired for the Indian Traditional Dance equivalent of Swan Queen after a month of lessons . Just enough to make you an educated spectator, I would assume.
Though I figure it would probably take upward of 8 months just to get the hand gestures right!
The older teachers are more rigid and rigorous. Dislike shortcuts and fast track methods. But the younger teachers usually are more understanding/flexible

Quote:
Lovely. Though my favourite is still the one you posted earlier. Her form was so gorgeous, and the flow was, well, flawless, not a step wasted in either direction.
I'd love some more of this some time.
That girl is my favorite as well. I have seen many other performances but I find her the most graceful ever.

Quote:
Oh stawp.
I have not had enough and I humbly request more pls some time.
Just wanted to make sure

Quote:
Good to know. Do post something you like
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #74
country flag tennizen

Some older songs..

This is detachment -- 
Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #75
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

I will defer to much more knowledge posters in this thread and just enjoy the wonderful music you are posting here