The South Asian music thread... - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #31
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The South Asian music thread...

Yes, it was good. Some good movies in the last few years.

Oye Lucky Lucky Oye
Love, Sex, Dhoka
Dev D
Udaan
Ishqiya

are some I remember.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #32
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

This is detachment -- 
Old 02-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #33
country flag tennizen

This is detachment -- 
Old 02-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #34
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Yes, it was good. Some good movies in the last few years.

Oye Lucky Lucky Oye
Love, Sex, Dhoka

Dev D
Udaan
Ishqiya

are some I remember.
LOL I am sorry, but these 2 titles do not inspire me at all Some good ones I watched over the last couple of years are :

Life in a metro, Rocket Singh- salesman of the year (I know, but it's a good movie !), ZNMD, Welcome to Sajjanpur (great songs).

In the spirit of V-day, a cheesy song with dancing on snow-peaked mountains in Switzerland, and European extras trying bollywood moves But I really like the rhythm of the song !

Last edited by noddzy : 02-15-2012 at 02:52 AM.
noddzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #35
country flag tennizen

I was going to add not to be put off by the titles The director(Dipankar Banerjee- the Bengali surname will hopefully change your mind) is one of the more promising directors of late.

Seen all the movies you listed

Will listen to the song a bit later
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #36
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was going to add not to be put off by the titles The director(Dipankar Banerjee- the Bengali surname will hopefully change your mind) is one of the more promising directors of late.

Seen all the movies you listed

Will listen to the song a bit later
Hehe..the Bengali directors are taking over My guess would be that you are from AP ?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #37
country flag tennizen

That song was quintessential Bollywood Not one of my favorites even though I have quite a few guilty pleasures myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Hehe..the Bengali directors are taking over My guess would be that you are from AP ?
The Bengalis have always been a solid presence in Bollywood especially on the musical front, right?

Yes, I am
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #38
country flag tennizen

One of my favorite songs as a teenager Still sounds pretty good although I remember the guy being better looking than that. Looks like a mug, tbh
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #39
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

My knowledge of SA music is exactly nil so I can't contribute anything to this thread.
If you take requests, though, I'd be happy to be annoying and pester you in the know about it! I'd love to see some really traditional music, as old as possible. Something that would fit the etno music genre label, basically.

Quote:
This is so beautiful. I had this on in the background while I rewatched the cute owls video. Sublime experience.
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #40
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
My knowledge of SA music is exactly nil so I can't contribute anything to this thread.
Just throw in some Chinese music, nobody will notice

This one's rather traditional

Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #41
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Always loved the first 30 secs or so of this.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #42
country flag tennizen

Yo Shamster. Was wondering why you abandoned this thread in its infancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post
If you take requests, though, I'd be happy to be annoying and pester you in the know about it! I'd love to see some really traditional music, as old as possible. Something that would fit the etno music genre label, basically.
I'm sure you'll regret you asked Anyway, here's one of the classical styles(called Carnatic) The other one's Hindustani which I'll post a bit later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Just throw in some Chinese music, nobody will notice
Or Croatian.
This is detachment -- 
Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #43
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

^ Was about to throw in some Carnatic, that one beats mine all ends up. Though even I find it difficult to appreciate the really traditional stuff.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #44
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

One of my faves in terms of pure melodious piano-overkill.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #45
country flag tennizen

Quote:

This one's rather traditional

Early Rahman

Quote:
^ Was about to throw in some Carnatic, that one beats mine all ends up. Though even I find it difficult to appreciate the really traditional stuff.
Imo, Indian classical is designed for the pleasure of the singer/performer and (somewhat) neglects to cater to the listener. Huge disconnect because of that
This is detachment --