Spanish tennis federation planning to sue French TV broadcaster Canal+ - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #16
country flag feuselino

feuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond reputefeuselino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish tennis federation planning to sue French TV broadcaster Canal+

It's Les Guignols, they make fun of absolutely everyone and everything...
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #17
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish tennis federation planning to sue French TV broadcaster Canal+

french envy fungus
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
country flag Steelq

Steelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Doping is a criminal offense in France and other countries. Accusing persistently someone of committing a criminal offense without any type of evidence is morally and legally unacceptable in a civilized country, more if they are doing that against a neighbor and EU partner.

Today this TV show have gone beyond and they show several Spaniards sportmen (Nadal, Gasol and Casillas) signing autographs with a syringe. The conclusion of these videos is that Spaniards are so successful in sport because they are doped. There can be any other explanation. Although I'm a a Nadal's fan, I have to say that choose Casillas and Gasol for allege some doping issue in Spanish sport is laughable. Both are best known for his technical skills than for his physical talent. And that's something they don't want to accept in France:

1) Spain has more talented/skilled athletes right now

2) Spain doesn't need to buy African talent to shine

Why Spanish NT has won the latest soccer world championship? Physically they are average (France NT is stronger in fact), but technically they are the best team. Spanis NT bullied their oponents at the tactical and technical level, not physically.

Why the Spanish are so good for example in basketball? Because they are a great team full of talent. France have a good basketball team too... which excel in the phisycal department thanks they have some blacks dudes.

Maybe frenchies think that talent can be manufactured in a laboratory but they are wrong. At least in most sports. In any case it would be good for the sport if they gave utterance aside his proverbial chauvinism and enjoy more the show that the Spaniards are providing them, but instead they have chosen to show themselves to the world as sour grapes losers.

All that said I think in Spain can do a better job in the fight against doping.

PS: What kind of drugs must be taken in order to doing this in a bball court?

Spain has so many great sportsmen,dunno why you put most overhyped and overrated european bb player in last 15 years or so as an example of you country brilliant sport culture.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #19
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In Spain we would take this as a joke, but there are too many recent precedents and persistence from the French media over this issue. Right now all this sounds as a orchestrated campaign to us. I can understand some criticism, I can even agree with them that are somewhat deserved, but we don't understand the sensationalistic and simplistic aproach they are following. 'The Sun' looks like a serious newspaper compared with 'Le Monde' right now. Too much childly tamtrums from the French media.
Yet, to people outside of France and Spain, that post and the reaction from the Spanish Federation sound like childish tantrums...
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #20
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Yet, to people outside of France and Spain, that post and the reaction from the Spanish Federation sound like childish tantrums...
Maybe. Or maybe they are thinking that enough is enough.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #21
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbasher101 View Post
If Nadal was taking something they would surely have caught him by now.

Doesn't work like that. Dopetesting in tennis is so riddled with giant loopholes it's impossible for anyone but a complete moron to be caught (see a Mr W Odesnik).
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #22
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelq View Post
Spain has so many great sportsmen,dunno why you put most overhyped and overrated european bb player in last 15 years or so as an example of you country brilliant sport culture.
He is different than the American market is producing in basketball. NBA right now is full of stars who think that basketball is a 'one on one' game, more than a sport team, so the rising of a dude like Rubio is refreshing. Anyway, since the 21 years old rookie runs the Timberworlves they has grown from a lottery team to a playoffs one. Timberworlves have a 10-5 mark since Rubio is starter. Maybe a coincidence.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 02-08-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: because my english is dreadfull :'(
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #23
country flag RonaldGomez

RonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish are completely overeacting. Les Guignols are mocking everyone, french sportsmen included. Some years ago there was this sketch : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMaa9Ui8JS4
Old 02-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #24
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
France have a good basketball team too... which excel in the phisycal department thanks they have some blacks dudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
french envy fungus
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #25
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. At the moment Rubio plays better than anyone hoped for, leads the league in steals and top 3 in assists. And I think he has more double-doubles than all other rookies combined
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #26
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In Spain we would take this as a joke, but there are too many recent precedents and persistence from the French media over this issue. Right now all this sounds as a orchestrated campaign to us. I can understand some criticism, I can even agree with them that are somewhat deserved, but we don't understand the sensationalistic and simplistic aproach they are following. 'The Sun' looks like a serious newspaper compared with 'Le Monde' right now. Too much childish tamtrums from the French media.
"Le Monde" like "l'Equipe" have investigated and talked about all doping stories in recent 20 years, probably because doping was esp verified in cycling and "Tour de France" is the most famous cycling race, it has given French media a bad reputation in some countries where people could not believe that their cyclists were doped, notably Armstrong in the USA, and now Contador (after Fuentes case) in Spain.

But French cyclists have also been caught, esp the two most famous ones of last 20 years, Richard Virenque and now Jeannie Longo, a female old cyclist, who is like an idol in France having won maybe a hundred medals, and is in the core of a big scandal as well.

That's for French media, "le Monde" still being a very serious newspaper, I even think "El Pais" is still a shareholder of it.

As for Noah's words and les Guignols which seem to have been very much talked about in Spain, Just like Heaven gives you precisely the best advice : just ignore.

If there had not been so much publicity in Spain, I can tell you that Noah's chronicle in a supplement from "le Monde" which is hardly read would have been unnoticed or only partly noticed because of its shocking conclusion : "just legalize doping", not so much about the Spaniards being mentioned and not at all about tennis.

The same for "les Guignols" who have made sport and esp doping a laughing topic for long, including about Mauresmo and her muscles, Zidane and his desire for money and boring comments, Ribéry and his bad French language, etc. But the most famous and funny part was about Virenque and his doping, that's probably why they tried to make the same kind of sketches they had done about Virenque (the sketch about Nadal is very near from a sketch they had made about Virenque in the past : a fly stung him and could fly at an astonishing speed) with another subject : it just fell on Nadal who is the most famous Spanish sportsman in France (and probably in the world) and who is known for his physical abilities.

The publicity which has been made about that small sketch in Spain has just made the video seen much more in Spain, France and now all over the world ... and has made it look like a serious and important topic

Exactly the same which had happened about Noah's words.

And as for "les Guignols", you have made a bad sketch famous in France, and maybe they will then keep on on that topic whereas they could have many other topics to talk about with the presidential elections in France happening soon.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #27
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish tennis Federation is stupid to make a fuzz about it. Only puts more attention on the matter. + smells guilt. Innocent guys could shrug it off. The more hurt they seem the more you wonder if there is some truth in it

Personally i always wondered if Nadals butt scratching is due to the syringe injections in the buttcheek that bothers him (attention: joke...or is it)
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #28
country flag Steelq

Steelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond reputeSteelq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. At the moment Rubio plays better than anyone hoped for, leads the league in steals and top 3 in assists. And I think he has more double-doubles than all other rookies combined
Lol he was labelled as next Drazen Petrovic since he was 15 years old,and was never nor he will ever be anywhere near that level.He was constantly given a chance to play for Barcelona and NT,he had like a special status in every team he played and was treated like gold,but never lived up to expectations,and his statistics,since i see u are big fan of it were horrendous in Europe.

He got big basketball IQ,great court sense and creativity,and defensively is very good,so he will obviously succeed to some extent in league filled with tunnel vision players,specially when he gets almost 40 minutes per game,and is playing in a weaker team than Barcelona.His outside shooting is nonexistent,and he is not explosive enough to get past other pgs on regular basis,plus he is a flopper and faker as most spanish basketball players are,so obviously he is more likely to succeed in Nba,than on european soil.

Don't get me wrong i think he is a good player,but is he worth all the hype and attention he is constantly getting?No,not by a long mile.Anyway too much off topic,we are on tennis forum,over and out.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:37 PM   #29
country flag Roddickominator

Roddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond reputeRoddickominator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Don't get me wrong i think he is a good player,but is he worth all the hype and attention he is constantly getting?No,not by a long mile.Anyway too much off topic,we are on tennis forum,over and out.
He definitely deserves much more hype and attention than most Spanish athletes....he is actually succeeding in a relevant sport on the biggest stage.
Roddickominator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #30
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Doesn't work like that. Dopetesting in tennis is so riddled with giant loopholes it's impossible for anyone but a complete moron to be caught (see a Mr W Odesnik).

The thought of tennis being full of drug cheats scares and saddens me. It is damaging for the sport. Look at cycling, the Tour De France is pretty much known as the tour de drugs. The thought of tennis being seen in the same light us is unthinkable. The fact that Agassi was protected when he tested positive is very worrying indeed. I hope tennis is clean but the signs are not good.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote