Madonna - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #46
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madonna

Justify my love is a fucking brilliant song.
Madonna & Lenny Kravits voices tangle so beautifully in it.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #47
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
According to Wikipedia, the freak had 12 number one US singles. Elvis had 18. You are probably limited by being convinced the Big Bang happened the day Thriller was released.

BTW: ROLLING STONE mag puts him at #35.
Im not saying that Elvis wasnt a great icon either, what i want to say is that MJ too was an icon. And yes so is Elvis ill give you that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
I do disagree wholeheartedly with pretty much everything you said in that post, you sound like Bilbo Jr...

Please, let's not make this a MJ vs Madonna thread please. No need to bring it into this thread. Start another thread with Bimbo if you must feed your need to worship MJ.
Well im not trying to change the subject i was just trying to reply to some people who was doubting MJ as a legend.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #48
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty high for a child molesting junky, but that is not what this thread is about.

It's about her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Madonna!
Amazing artist, damn hard worker, great performer, and ... not a bad songwriter either. Didn't she write "Live To Tell" at least partly by herself?

One of my Guilty Pleasures of the past few decades.

And... how can any liberal, feminist person ever resist THIS:

"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Just brilliant.

This coming from MTF's #1 progrock fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Her perfect pastiche of 1980'-1990's disco culture,

always manages to get me a smile on my face too.
I love all of these songs, so awesome
Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #49
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafarta&Grigorior♥ View Post

Well im not trying to change the subject i was just trying to reply to some people who was doubting MJ as a legend.
His status as the most famous child molester ever is legendary. Drug addicted musician dying of an overdose is also the stuff of legend. So we agree. Now back on topic.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #50
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafarta&Grigorior♥ View Post
I love all of these songs, so awesome
Thank you.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #51
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

I sort of never had an opinion on Madonna either way . She doesn't score very higly on the musical talent part, for sure, but she's a very smart artist and one of the greatest performers today, without a doubt.
The only song of hers that I like, and this one I really love, is Frozen. That video is amazing, one of my all-time favourites. .

Quote:
His status as the most famous child molester ever is legendary. Drug addicted musician dying of an overdose is also the stuff of legend. So we agree. Now back on topic.
Elvis >>> Michael Jackson, but you could say the bold about him too, in some terms, so I wouldn't be pointing that out.
Harmless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #52
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless View Post

Elvis >>> Michael Jackson, but you could say the bold about him too, in some terms, so I wouldn't be pointing that out.
I was giving examples of reasons why he is a legend. My first point is me being kind of a smart ass, but is is true that being taken by a drug overdose is the fate of many Rock&Roll legends.

Must be kind of weird in the Rock&Roll pantheon: all the dead legends screaming Sex! Drugs! R&R!, with MJ screaming back (respectively): With Little Boys! To help you sleep because people are mean! I'm bad, Come on!

But enough about MJ. Start a MJ fan thread to celebrate your admiration for freaks into boning little boys if you must express yourself. This is about Madonna.

Many thanks.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #53
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

A very much overlooked, fantastic song of hers:

Gorgeous melody, intelligent, intriguing, confronting lyrics...

"Maybe someday
When I look back, I'll be able to say,
You didn't mean to be cruel -
Somebody hurt you, too..."

I just wonder that if these lyrics and song were composed by, let's say, Leonard Cohen, Peter Hammill, or Steven Wilson, wouldn't it get a LOT more credits than it does now?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #54
country flag alfonsojose
CRY BA**

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Her ballads are gold. She has tons of good lyrics.

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #55
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbasher101 View Post
This is just shocking. A Madonna appreciation thread. No offense but the woman is so overrated it is not even funny. No wonder I listen to the likes of the Who, U2, Queen, Def leppard, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin. Madonna has led the fight against good music over the years. She is responsible for the emergence of the likes of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.
being an oddie and with an old stone age brain, and not very into music but i prefer singers with good voice and sing songs with good rhytums over those who became popular mostly because of controversial behaviour or exagerrating costume and I guess she was the creator of the latter group so I am not fond of her, just my opinion, not mean to spoil the thread though. Now i am leaving

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #56
country flag Waterfox

Waterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond reputeWaterfox has a reputation beyond repute

It is really cool that she is into young guys and not drugs!
Something to be proud of!
Waterfox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote