Davis Cup World Cup 2012 First Round - Switzerland vs USA *** Hopp Schwiz!!! *** - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #46
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup World Cup 2012 First Round - Switzerland vs USA *** Hopp Schwiz!!! ***

still hasn't withdrawn from rotterdam ?
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #47
country flag polas87

polas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond reputepolas87 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup World Cup 2012 First Round - Switzerland vs USA *** Hopp Schwiz!!! ***

What score Cuevas/Felder - Beretta/Galdos ??? Where i can find livescore ??
polas87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #48
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
I wish I could be as positive as you. I have low expectations considering the different
surface and the short turn around time. But I hope he can somehow do it.
Come on Roger, forget about this nightmare and wake up and play your game.
We miss you
I'm not really all that positive but after last year I decided every time he loses something of value I'm just going to forget about it and look forward... the end is not in sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Chances of him playing there will surely have gone up by now.
I really hope he does play. It's surely the tournament most devoid of top players (relatively) he's competed in since Stockholm 2010 and getting the title would be a nice morale booster.
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #49
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
still hasn't withdrawn from rotterdam ?
Why would he?
I'm for 99% sure he'll show up.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #50
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyecc1
Is there a chance Federer will be play in Australia before January 2013? I wonder if he will if Switzerland loose this tie, will they verse Australia? Is there any way? I would love his autograph and to see him play, as I just missed out on getting his autograph at the Australian Open. I think about it every day and wish I had gotten it
Unfortunately there's no chance before Australian Open 2013, as if Switzerland has to play Australia again in september, which is possible (but unlikely), it would be in Switzerland this time.

But he will be there for Australian Open 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
It would have been great for Roger and Stan to have won this tie for Swiss, so that they then would have guaranteed a spot in WG next year and Roger wouldn't have to play Davis Cup again this season, but they didn't. Off to the play-off, where Roger will likely be needed to carry Stan.
If they had won, the quarterfinal was after Miami, most possibly in France, another tight week-end before the most important part of the season, from Roland-Garros.

Whereas the play-off will be after the US Open, then after the important part of the year for Roger.

I guess it's the only positive thing from what happened : he will have less tiring matches to play before the key-part of the season.

I hope they will win the play-off and try again next year.

It was the first single Fed had lost in Davis cup since the match against Hewitt in SF in 2003, and the first time ever he has lost both a single and friday and a double on saturday.

Of course the French speaking Swiss media (le Temps and le Matin) are after him as usual : in both these newspapers, the writers about tennis (Musy and Despont, who used to work together for le Temps) dislike Roger and love Nadal. And Fed is always presented as a genius who just makes no effort (as some people also present sometimes Federer here )

But well it's like that : the Americans played great and deserved the win more than the Swiss, then well let's better forget (even if personally I cared much more about that than about Rotterdam)
Old 02-12-2012, 12:52 AM   #51
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

If they are at home they might as well play on a fucking lightning fast HC.

Disgusting.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #52
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
If they are at home they might as well play on a fucking lightning fast HC.

Disgusting.
Depressing.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #53
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

too much grinning and goofing around in those practice pics, Fed and Wawrinka should have been scowling with steam coming out of their nostrils they were too Swiss!!
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #54
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Can everyone of you fly to argentina and give me a hug?
I'm sad about this, tennis is hurting my favs so much in 2012. DAMN!

Okay, let's stay positive... Come on Wog, win Rotterdam... 71 is a beautiful number
Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #55
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Can everyone of you fly to argentina and give me a hug?
I'm sad about this, tennis is hurting my favs so much in 2012. DAMN!

Okay, let's stay positive... Come on Wog, win Rotterdam... 71 is a beautiful number
Special from me.
BTW, you do know that Rog might go and play some tournaments in South America at the end of this year, including Argentina?

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #56
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

eww,what a mug performance from the Swiss. 0-5 to USA on clay at home.

Bad stuff from both Roger and Wawrinka. Stan had no business losing like that to Fish on his best surface and Roger did no better though Isner did play out of his mind. And that French presser by Roger

Anyway, that DC royally fucked up, just recover from this well enough for Rotterdam Roger! Its no good watching you like this...
Old 02-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #57
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have believed Switzerland could lose 5-0 to the USA on clay at home, but yeah, basically Fed was having to hit returns way above his head against Isner and that meant he had no chance. I should have backed Wawa to beat Fish though - on clay ffs. It's a shame as I had the feeling this year Roger was finally going to go all out for a Davis Cup win, which he hasn't really done since 2003. Maybe next time choose a low-bouncing surface against Isner.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #58
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Special from me.
BTW, you do know that Rog might go and play some tournaments in South America at the end of this year, including Argentina?
awww, thanks
yeah! I know
I'm saving money since last month. I want a good seat and I won't miss it for anything in the world.
It's an exho but it's the best I can get until I have enough money to travel to the ATP Champions tour in the next years (And he'll play it, no matter what everybody says . He better should )
Old 02-13-2012, 03:43 AM   #59
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Wawa should have beaten Fish. The meltdown in the 4th set was just inexplicable. It wasn't like Fish played all that well too.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #60
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

not saying DC is meaningless or anything, but in the case of the Swiss, yeah it is unfortunately. There's only one world-class talent on that bench and it ain't Wawrinka, Chuidinelli, etc. If by some miracle Switzerland ever won the Cup, it wouldn't be a team effort at all but a one-man show. Always has been for the Swiss.

In this scenario, the courts were unsuitable, Wawrinka basically didn't show up and Fed underestimated Isner. Nightmare for them, but the Americans (esp. Isner) were a huge part of that.
"Sometimes you're just happy playing. Some people, some media unfortunately don't understand that it's okay just to play tennis and enjoy it. They always think you have to win everything, it always needs to be a success story, and if it's not obviously what is the point. Maybe you have to go back and think, Why have I started playing tennis? Because I just like it. It's actually sort of a dream hobby that became somewhat of a job. Some people just don't get that ever."
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote