Does time wasting between points make it hard to tell how fit a player is? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #31
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does time wasting between points make it hard to tell how fit a player is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
I mean what a comedy this post yours is. There's ignorant people and then there's you who stands on a pedestal far above where no one else can see you, let alone reach you in your brilliant ignorance.. You can try and put down Fed's amazing sportsmanship but you'll just look like an idiot in the process. Case in point is this thread. You tried to change the topic completely so you can justify your pathetic hate .
Is that all you know how to debate a point, by insulting the opposition repeatedly Very convincing.

Am I changing the subject? You mean the whole point of this thread is not to whine about Rafa and Nole taking too much time between points? I mean, with all those complaining about the court too slow the rally too long, is it any doubt that players run a lot more these days than the old days? I don't think the duration of that AO final showed how fit they are, I think the amount of running during that 5 sets match showed their fitness.

I'm just trying to remind those Fedtards who think Fed never did a thing wrong on tennis court ever that they may have double standard. And I'm not even trying to justify what Nole/Rafa did.
They bent rules for sure, who doesn’t, even Fed did. I think players hurt their own legacy by doing those antics (suspicious MTO, bathroom breaks, time between points), but still it shouldn’t take away the tennis they play between breaks. Nole’s ball bounce still annoys me and I don’t really think Rafa’s MTO is all that legit, but I think if any player who lets their opponent’s antic gets in their head don’t deserve to win (god knows how mad I was at Picasso for letting Rafa thrown him off). On the tennis court, you need to handle whatever threw your way. That's how I think is the true measure of strength. I'm tired of those Fed fans who can't stop whining about that 2. I don’t know, maybe that’s the only way to get back at Rafa and Nole since Fed can't beat them anymore. I don't blame you for only knowing to insult me. Maybe reasoning is not your strong suit.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #32
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does time wasting between points make it hard to tell how fit a player is?

I do wish they enforced the rules more. Sure I can understand a little leniency after a very long point or very important point during a match, but the rule is clearly stated and many of these players go 5, 10 even 15 seconds past the limit. It makes it more boring as a fan to watch and I'm sure it is occasionally frustrating for some players. I remember how frustrated many players would be 2004-2007 when Nadal used to do this even on his opponent's serve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Is that all you know how to debate a point, by insulting the opposition repeatedly Very convincing.

Am I changing the subject? You mean the whole point of this thread is not to whine about Rafa and Nole taking too much time between points? I mean, with all those complaining about the court too slow the rally too long, is it any doubt that players run a lot more these days than the old days? I don't think the duration of that AO final showed how fit they are, I think the amount of running during that 5 sets match showed their fitness.

I'm just trying to remind those Fedtards who think Fed never did a thing wrong on tennis court ever that they may have double standard. And I'm not even trying to justify what Nole/Rafa did.
They bent rules for sure, who doesn’t, even Fed did. I think players hurt their own legacy by doing those antics (suspicious MTO, bathroom breaks, time between points), but still it shouldn’t take away the tennis they play between breaks. Nole’s ball bounce still annoys me and I don’t really think Rafa’s MTO is all that legit, but I think if any player who lets their opponent’s antic gets in their head don’t deserve to win (god knows how mad I was at Picasso for letting Rafa thrown him off). On the tennis court, you need to handle whatever threw your way. That's how I think is the true measure of strength. I'm tired of those Fed fans who can't stop whining about that 2. I don’t know, maybe that’s the only way to get back at Rafa and Nole since Fed can't beat them anymore. I don't blame you for only knowing to insult me. Maybe reasoning is not your strong suit.
Yes you certainly need to keep your head in the game, even if your opponent tries to pull these tactics, but come on, especially for MTOs, you have to wait there for several minutes and your body will naturally start relaxing, then your head goes, etc. MTOs are not the best example, since this thread deals with time between points, but if you have to wait nearly half a minute between each point, I mean your body goes into these lulls which I don't see is very fair for a player who is pumped up and doing well.

Last edited by HKz : 02-06-2012 at 12:37 AM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #33
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Am I changing the subject? You mean the whole point of this thread is not to whine about Rafa and Nole taking too much time between points?
Yes, genius, imagine that. Rafita and Novak are not the only ones who play tennis professionally in the modern world made up of 7bn people. Del Potro regularly takes more time to towel off and he tried doing it during the AO only to be reminded that he shouldn't. Do you we think it's fair he has to comply and Rafita and Novak don't just because they're the n#1 and #2. Actually, don't answer as I can probably guess.

The new generation see the top players as examples so it's not only Rafita and Novak who take more time between points. Imagine that.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #34
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Does time wasting by creating troll threads make it hard to tell how fit a poster is?
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:21 AM   #35
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Yes you certainly need to keep your head in the game, even if your opponent tries to pull these tactics, but come on, especially for MTOs, you have to wait there for several minutes and your body will naturally start relaxing, then your head goes, etc. MTOs are not the best example, since this thread deals with time between points, but if you have to wait nearly half a minute between each point, I mean your body goes into these lulls which I don't see is very fair for a player who is pumped up and doing well.
Yes, I agree. For the MTO, it's only natural that you lose concentration after a long break. I'm not justifying any of those antics. I think they are wrong and my fav players don't do that and when other does, it put them in a disadvantage. In the ideal world, you want every rule to be followed, but since the world is not ideal, I think players will just have to find a way to deal with it in the mean time, until the authority put an effort to correct the situation. I hope they will. I tend to lose my own concentration when the in-between point took too long .

I think fans have the right to complain about this, I just don't see the point of whining about it in a consistent basis, it just make them sound bitter. And it's getting comedic that this whining threads spring up in all kind of form. And if those fans can't take that their own fav being called out on his antic, then they shouldn't call on others. Double standard is even more annoying than whining. But anyway, this is the first time I've ever comment on this because honestly, I'm really tired of reading the whining on and on. So why the hell am I on this thread arguing with these whiners, good question. I guess I'm bored, watching Super Bowl just to see those commercials, that's a lot of down time to kill. But I guess to not further antagonize other Fed fans, I probably should stop right here . Good day.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #36
country flag fivebargate

fivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
...but how can you tell when they waste so much time between points to recover?
This is of course a valid point. Seemingly exploiting the lack of enforcement in this area of the rules is part of what helps these guys win....or why else would they do it? Not only is the distasteful because of the advantage over the player who plays fair and adheres to the rule...but it also shapes the sport in general - you pinch time, you recover more, you can play more hard and long points. Perhaps the most disgusting exploitation of this rule to me is the returner making the server play at his pace by way of delayed toweling etc...sadly an all too common occurrence with certain players. Anyway...lets hope the on-court shot clock gets it's trial this season and is implemented in due course.

Ultimately I just want the tour to enforce the rules they have, or be done with them altogether. Take the coaching side for further example. You have Nadal who blatantly depends on Uncle Toni's tactical input at all stages of his matches....and yet a blind eye is turned towards it. Meanwhile on an outside court...Verdasco is fined 8k for the very same. And of the fine - of what benefit to the person cheated against? They have turned up, played by the rules....and suffered at the hand of those with the audacity to think themselves outside the remit of fair play. If these rules are to remain, they surely must offer some instant benefit to the person offended against ie the opponent....by way of an instant point/game penalty. There is no justice or solace to be found in an after-match financial penalty....and it is clearly of little deterrent.
fivebargate is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #37
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think that 10 mins bathroom break Fed took during that match against Davydenko in the Aussie Open should be considered extra rest, no? Then again, it's Fed, he plays within the rule like a gentleman, so maybe he really has to go.
Before you wilfully mis-state the length of the bathroom break, I suggest you go look at the tape again. The length of the break was no longer than any other bathroom break Fed has taken before or since, whether leading or behind in the match. And how come you choose not to accuse him of breaking the rules when he has gone for a similarly timed bathroom break when he has been up 2 sets to love? Curious. Must be an oversight on your part - or maybe you just live in lalaland, period.

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #38
country flag bouncer7

bouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond reputebouncer7 has a reputation beyond repute

Troicki has 1 second serve preparation and that's why he is a mug and mental midget.

Djokovic Nadal Ferrer Murray Del Potro

race list

FEDAL RIVALRY = http://s20.rimg.info/5414fb6c0d36aa5...80ee6e2383.gif
bouncer7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote