Winter/Spring Hardcourt Season 2012 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #46
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter/Spring Hardcourt Season 2012

He will not act as if it was his farewell. He's coming to win matches he refused to say it's his last one I mean Arno is not Santoro he is not doing a farewell season with production of goodbye when he leaves the court.

I'm sure he's thinking it's his last but try to be in the tournament like in the first one. An article in the local press http://www.laprovence.com/article/sp...ans-de-passion it's not an interview just few sentences and his long love story with the Open 13
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #47
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

They are scheduled early afternoon tomorrow. Let's hope he will be in good shape and a bit more good than last week to have a chance to compete against Nico. Then good luck
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #48
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the article. I like the anecdot of him signing autographs in the station service on his way from belgium to Marseille.
I don't like when he says he would have prefered to win his first tournament in Marseille rather than in Lyon. It's stupid. The most important was to win at least one time in Marseille, we don't care if it was his first one or not.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #49
country flag soulage

Good Bye Open 13 36/46

I missed most of the first set but there were really the place to win today as I didn't find Nico at his best but Arno's game is too much up and down a big lack of consistency and maybe a bit of tension He did UE on the wrong moments and got bad games to be broken too much gifts. The forehand was not reliable when he needed it and put him under pression at some moments. Indeed the forehand and the serve was leaving him in the crucial moments of the match which goes well with a lack of wins and confidence Tennis is in the head and Arno was not relax today all this affected his game.

At the beginning of the second set Arno was the better player on court even had the break up *3-1 but he did a bad service game and at 3-2* had 2 others BP not converted. He was broken at 4-4 as you was feeling him under pression. Not a great match despite some good points He was not enough strong mentally or physically to catch the win which was not impossible today

I'm not choked he lost today at it was expected but on the match he can have regrets then well it's normal years after years his level goes down and he doesn't have that shot that can save him from bad period in a match like Ljubicic who can plays bad and still win with his serve. Not sure when we will see him again in a ATP tournament Go back to challengers and no streamed matches and let see where is his motivation.

Last edited by soulage : 02-21-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #50
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

It was not a bad match from Arno, I even found he was the better player today especially in the 2nd set. Mahut's serve was not very good and Arnaud caused him some troubles on return. But he was too tensed in the key moments, unable to confirm his break and commited errors in the game on his own serve that he didn't commit on Mahut's serve. The commentator said it was a pretty good match and I agree with her, some good points beautiful passings and dropshots. Arno was so motivated compared to Nico, cruel loss but that's tennis.

I hope a good run in doubles .

I think more and more it will be his last year on tour even if he's not ready. Do you think he could have a WC for Roland Garros ?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #51
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliem View Post

I think more and more it will be his last year on tour even if he's not ready. Do you think he could have a WC for Roland Garros ?
I don't think so. Except maybe if he says officially to the organization it's really his last one.
Because its not official, so they don't have any reason to give him a WC if other frenchies deserve more than him. We can't say he has a chance to do something (RG never succeeded him and he didnt play well last past weeks in challengers..)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #52
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I don't think so. Except maybe if he says officially to the organization it's really his last one.
Because its not official, so they don't have any reason to give him a WC if other frenchies deserve more than him. We can't say he has a chance to do something (RG never succeeded him and he didnt play well last past weeks in challengers..)
Yeah but it was the same last year and they give him one...and he won his 1st round !
I'm not optimistic I don't think he will have the WC this year but I have a little hope we don't know
Old 02-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #53
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliem View Post
It was not a bad match from Arno, I even found he was the better player today especially in the 2nd set. Mahut's serve was not very good and Arnaud caused him some troubles on return. But he was too tensed in the key moments, unable to confirm his break and commited errors in the game on his own serve that he didn't commit on Mahut's serve. The commentator said it was a pretty good match and I agree with her, some good points beautiful passings and dropshots. Arno was so motivated compared to Nico, cruel loss but that's tennis.

I hope a good run in doubles .

For me it was quite a boring match not a good one by Nico and I mean Arno even the one of those days can play better . Level was not high today the winners were canceled by the UE. Nico has his serve and his past wins to stay quiet so it has helped him for the win. Arno showed good things i'm ok that's why he can have regrets on this loss. The doubles on CC but at 10.30 am Dlouhy has bad results let's hope good vibrations for them tomorrow. For the WC in RG well I don't know we'll see in two months how the things are.

A french journalist writes on his twitter that Arno will go in Miami and Guadeloupe. So After Cherbourg it will be Miami qualies and Le Gosier.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #54
country flag soulage

Arno is OK to say that his level could have been better today so he's frustrated not have shown his best current level in front of his relative. He doesn't feel people always ask him about his retirement are you sure about that guy ? He's still hoping to enjoy tennis and will do the analyse at the end of the year. From this audio http://www.open13.fr/interviews.html

A video should be here http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xox...sportundefined
Old 02-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #55
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

i am not surprised by the match result, nico mahut is a step above the challenger players that he has the pleasure to play against in the last few weeks. i guess arno played decent already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
He's still hoping to enjoy tennis and will do the analyse at the end of the year.
end of the year? i wish him good luck.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #56
country flag soulage

You know yesterday Nico was not better than Kudryatsev. Poor Nico he lost under 1 hour against Tsonga today

And yes Arno plans to go until the end of the year his slogan could be I'm not very good anymore but I'm in love with that sport so I continues until my body is dead

Arno and Lukas plays the seed 1 next round in doubles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3quest.jpg (103.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg eq22.jpg (103.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #57
country flag soulage

He'll play the young Janowicz in first round of Cherbourg. Janowicz is SE as he's playing Wolfsburg final today. He's a good server so never easy to play indoor more tough first round that in Quimper and Bergamo. They should play tuesday or wednesday. Arno is not playing doubles.

If he lost early Arno should not be back before Miami qualies in 3 weeks. Long break is coming
Old 02-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #58
country flag soulage

He plays in the evening today. The surface is quite slow so Arno will be broken I really think it's a tough first round and I don't put all my money on Arno.

The list for Le gosier is not out yet but on their website you can find some infos and pics from last year http://www.openguadeloupe.com/
Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #59
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

This was really nervous. From the beginning of second set Arnaud had chances almost in every Janowicz's serve, wasting and wasting break-points (4 of 17!!). After he blew 4-4 0-40 lead in the third set, i was scared it could be over, but fortunately he won this game later and closed the match out to 0 4-6 6-3 6-4, which is rare for him lately. So big relief it was! But clearly Janowicz was tired after playing the final last week.

Fischer again now, won't be easy!
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #60
country flag soulage

The surface explains the BP but bad conversion by Arno. I was expecting a tough one it has been. He knows the game of Fisher now and he will need to serve very well but another not easy match for Arno.

Maybe the match ball will appear here http://www.youtube.com/user/challengerdecherbour

It is