Syria Crisis: Obama warns Assad faces "consequences" if he uses chemical weapons - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #61
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obama: The regime of Syrian President Assad must come to an end

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Sad it has all come to this -.- my grandmother's place is right next to a former high ranking official that used to report directly to President Assad, and I used to have dinner all the time with the official's family and some relatives/friends of President Assad...everything used to be perfect in Damascus at least. I would live in Syria 3 months every other year and there was nothing to complain about.
As long as you were out of earshot from the torture chambers and not having to meddle in Lebanon, I suppose.
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #62
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
As long as you were out of earshot from the torture chambers and not having to meddle in Lebanon, I suppose.
What? I have lots of family in Palestine and Lebanon since my father is Palestinian.. Whenever I go to the Middle East I spend several weeks in Palestine and Lebanon on top of Jordan and Syria where I spend most of my time there so most of my father's side lives in Damascus. Obviously nothing like whenever I visit Japan where my mother comes from, but you make it sound like it is virtually horrific to go to the Middle East. Well, I've gone to the Middle East 8 times since 1995, and I have traveled by bus to as north as Turkey and all the way down to Egypt and I never once got shit even though I'm only half and I don't look anything like native Arabs/Middle Easterners.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #63
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
What? I have lots of family in Palestine and Lebanon since my father is Palestinian.. Whenever I go to the Middle East I spend several weeks in Palestine and Lebanon on top of Jordan and Syria where I spend most of my time there so most of my father's side lives in Damascus. Obviously nothing like whenever I visit Japan where my mother comes from, but you make it sound like it is virtually horrific to go to the Middle East. Well, I've gone to the Middle East 8 times since 1995, and I have traveled by bus to as north as Turkey and all the way down to Egypt and I never once got shit even though I'm only half and I don't look anything like native Arabs/Middle Easterners.
I didn't mean you, especially if you habitually broke bread with the Assad family. I meant the inmates of the Assad family's torture chambers and Syria's political destruction of Lebanon.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #64
country flag vucina

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't mean you, especially if you habitually broke bread with the Assad family. I meant the inmates of the Assad family's torture chambers and Syria's political destruction of Lebanon.
Yes, Jihadists are a much better option. How stupid are you?
vucina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #65
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
That isn't good news. It is sad what has happened to Syria. Damascus used to be a great city and a great cultural place. I lived in fear for several months that Algiers and Algeria would turn into a worse position than it did, things on edge and not knowing what would happen. A lot of countries felt this. And in Syria is shifted to the worst posible and its terrible for the Syrian people.
Always nice to read comments like yours (or HKz's) since I can only analyze the situation from far away Europe, you probably have more insights than I do but I do know that Damascus is a great multicultural and multiconfessional city in which the different religious and ethnic communities are living in good intelligence with each other, Islam being only cultural. I've had friends when I was at uni who went to Syria and they would tell me that Syrians are welcoming people.

But do you think the worst is ever in your country? For I fear that Algeria is next on the list. I don't necessary like the present-day Algerian regime (I have more sympathies with the Assad's actually) but I fear that that regime may no longer exist as it is today, for Westerners & Al Qaeda.

Next up: Mali (already under way, actually), Niger, Nigeria, Western Sahara, Somalia, Chad & Yemen among others. Too predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly
Lebanon is a former prosperous country that suffered fifteen years of a civil war because of Western manipulations and where now Aoun and Nasrallah are working together to avoid the trap of division (government supported by Assad !), while of course the West are supporting the opposition, just like the Djihadists... Always the same process.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #66
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
Yes, Jihadists are a much better option. How stupid are you?
I didn't take an option. None of the above was not offered. How stupid are you?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #67
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post

Lebanon is a former prosperous country that suffered fifteen years of a civil war because of Western manipulations
And I thought it was Syrian interference. I must have been influenced by the media.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #68
country flag vucina

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't take an option. None of the above was not offered. How stupid are you?
All I heard from you is criticizing Assad. If you don't know or care what happens after him, STFU.
vucina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #69
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
All I heard from you is criticizing Assad. If you don't know or care what happens after him, STFU.
I'm sorry. He has such a beautiful wife. Now if he could just get a chin somewhere, he would be perfect. He could beat that Korean guy for The Onion's sexiest man alive.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #70
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

He got rid of the hitlerish tache didn't he.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #71
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

And Movember is not even over yet.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #72
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Syria Crisis: Obama warns Assad faces "consequences" if he uses chemical weapons

That's what he says. Truth is Assad can do pretty much whatever he wants as long as Putin keeps backing him.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #73
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Syria Crisis: Obama warns Assad faces "consequences" if he uses chemical weapons

Putin will never repeat Medvedev's mistake in Lybia. The greatest statesman on this planet at the moment!

What Assad wants is to pacify the country and get rid of the terrorists that are destabilizing it.

The opposition can do whatever they want as long as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Israel, the US, France & Britain keep backing them.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #74
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Putin will never repeat Medvedev's mistake in Lybia. The greatest statesman on this planet at the moment!
Hilary was just letting her atheism out. Nobody has a soul. But she probably knows a lot about his KGB days and what an immoral piece of s**t he is.