Syria Crisis: Obama warns Assad faces "consequences" if he uses chemical weapons - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #16
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Syria Uprising: China and Russia veto UN resolution to remove Assad

Good for the game. Unfortunately, USA won't have an opportunity to donate the gift of democracy to Syria along with missiles.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #17
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

What game?
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

All those ships in Turkey that the left is just itching to use in a freedom run to the shores of an eastern Mediterranean country where people are being massacred. Why are they still in port and where are the left wing intellectuals that are willing to die to save the lives of a helpless and persecuted people?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #19
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Syrians between a rock and a hard place. Outside threats just strengthen the regime, and the intervention would certainly lead to more deaths. Doing nothing about it is equally bad. The best thing would be if the oligarchy resigned peacefully, through combination of diplomacy, strong pressures and guarantees, done by the US, Arab countries, Russia and all others together, but there are opposed "strategic interests" that have nothing to do with ordinary people.
ssin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #20
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

The Assads are Alawite Shi'ites, and as a religious minority in Syria they are eager to win the Christian vote.

Syria is one of the few Middle Eastern countries where persecution of Christians remains low...as opposed to the Western pets in Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Iraq, and Egypt.

The Copts of Egypt are facing increasing persecution by the Muslim Brotherhood stooges. Iraqi Christians have been all but wiped out.

If the Assads go, Syria is the next country to have its Christian minority wiped out by sharia.

It's a shame to all the evangelical "Christians" in the US who don't give a rat's behind about their co-religionists in the Middle East.

Btw: this whole story of the Assads brutally abusing the Syrian people is nothing but BS. We've seen this propaganda before and we'll see it again.

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #21
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
What game?
The Great Game, episode 2...or is it 3?

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #22
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloimeh View Post

Btw: this whole story of the Assads brutally abusing the Syrian people is nothing but BS. We've seen this propaganda before and we'll see it again.
Difficult to believe you actually wrote this. But I suppose anyone that can call evolution a hoax could conceivably make such a statement with a straight face.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #23
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

90% of Syria supports Assad, that's common knowledge ...

And millions of supporters are demonstrating their support. Al Qaida of course supports the Rebels. Surprise? Anywhere where America stands, you can find Djihadists.

The Assads are secularists, first and foremost. And by the way, for most Syrian people, Islam is a mere 'cultural' trace. Many of them don't even celebrate Ramadan.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:58 AM   #24
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

UN Rights Chief:

"The failure of the Security Council to agree on firm collective action appears to have emboldened the Syrian government to launch an all-out assault in an effort to crush dissent with overwhelming force," she told the UN General Assembly on Monday.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...431397449.html

Last edited by Jimnik : 02-14-2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: she not he
Old 02-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #25
country flag Aloimeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
UN Rights Chief:

"The failure of the Security Council to agree on firm collective action appears to have emboldened the Syrian government to launch an all-out assault in an effort to crush dissent with overwhelming force," he told the UN General Assembly on Monday.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...431397449.html
Exactly as it should be. The US government would crush a revolt like this, too. So would any other self-respecting sovereign government.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #26
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Syria Uprising: UN rights chief criticizes inaction of international community

Seriously?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #27
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloimeh View Post
Exactly as it should be. The US government would crush a revolt like this, too. So would any other self-respecting sovereign government.
Interesting choice of word there - ''sovereign.'' But of course you could not use any word that would imply the government was actually the choice of the revolting people.

I would expect that if you had lived in the area 2000 years ago you would have been claiming ''Quite right to have crucified that rebel. Any self-respecting ruling authority would have done the same.''

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-14-2012 at 11:18 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #28
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Syria Uprising: UN rights chief criticizes inaction of international community

Render unto Assad...

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #29
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

it's a sort of a civil war and it means civilians are at the receiving end, to put it mildly. I try not to look at it ideologically. We should not be interested in either of the warring factions, they will not bring anything good to anyone in Syria. There was certainly some genuine discontent that could not be channeled through the regular Syrian system, and now it's a vicious circle of revenge and survival, conflict for its own sake, with a positive outcome impossible now, the damage has been done. Syrian government should have stepped down with some guarantees, their political power is not worth a single human life, but it seems it's too late for that. The lack of reliable information coming from Syria is frustrating. Ordinary people in Syria don't want this, that's for sure. Stupid politics and religion.
ssin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #30
country flag Jimnik

Activists say several people injured as thousands turn out for funeral of slain protesters in capital's Mazzeh area.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...186397646.html