Drugs - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #46
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
To balance the discussion, Marijuana and MDMA have never been solidly proved to do any harm to your physical health. Mental health can be a different story.

For example alcohol and tobacco harm your physical health more than Marijuana does.
You keep telling yourself that. it's not true, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
Sensible, limited, recreational use of drugs doesn't have to mean one is per sé 'fucking up his/her life'. Just like one can of beer won't harm you all that much, smoking a joint once in while doesn't either.
I agree that is the case with some drugs such as cannabis. But there is no such thing as a "sensible, limited, recreational" use of heroin for example..

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
This thread isn't very sexy 2003...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I used to think this way. But I've seen too much that leaves me shaking my head. It gives me no joy to say it, but education doesn't work.

You know how many young people end up drugged out of their minds or dead?? Did they ALL have bad parents who didn't talk to them about the dangers? Come on. I've seen it happen to people who had great parents.

As I'm typing this, someone in a first-world country is heading out to the club in hopes of getting lucky with a stranger. And they aren't bringing any condoms with them. Now unless you've been living under a rock for 25 years, you know about AIDS (not to mention unwanted pregnancy). They know; they just choose to disregard.

People have unprecedented amounts of information at their fingertips, yet they are now even eating themselves into obesity, disease and death (with legal and healthy substances... like food!).

George Burns smoked for 80 years and lived to be 100. Steven Tyler snorted half of Colombia in the 70s and 80s and he lived.
It won't happen to me. It won't happen to me.

There is no education against this attitude.
I agree with kat. I am a medical student, we are educated people who have studied the issue many times in many different subjects, we are as informed as it gets, and yet you would be surprised to find out how many of us use drugs in a non-sensible and recreational way.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #47
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoy marijuana but there is always a risk of using it because it is illegal. I'm a pretty frequent user and I don't think it's had any adverse side effects on me because I have a vaporizer for health reasons and I try not to use it if I have a busy schedule. I think it is a dangerous drug because I have seen other college students have their grades drop significantly because of careless use. Nevertheless, the drug itself is relatively harmless, compared to something like alcohol, so I think the illegal status is silly.

Kratom has been another go to drug for me lately. This one is legal, but I try to limit it because it has a physically addictive aspect. It also kills my apatite and I can't sleep while high on it.

Honestly, every drug has some bad aspects but I don't think that should mean the government should throw huge resources at trying to control them, especially if the drug is non addictive or doesn't have a fatal dose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #48
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Singaporean. We have some of the strictest and harshest anti-drugs laws in the world with the mandatory death penalty in place for trafficking. While I vehemently oppose the death penalty and the mandatory death penalty for trafficking, I can't complain about the mostly drug-free society that I live in. From my experience, the biggest worry that parents have in general is whether their son would take up smoking in the army (mandatory national service here for boys) - a rather trivial concern compared to other countries where drugs are more easily available. Call me insufferably straight-edged if you must (I would whole-heartedly agree actually); but I am completely unsympathetic to the mostly-Western view on drugs, that 1) it's okay in small doses as long as it doesn't harm the user; and 2) it should be legalised to control distribution. In fact, if I had it my way, I'd ban the living shit out of cigarettes as well.

I don't appreciate a lot of things about my country but I am definitely thankful to live in a relatively drug-free society.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #49
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm View Post
You keep telling yourself that. it's not true, unfortunately.
Isn't it?

Weed is a natural herb. It doesnt do anything to your physical health.

E doesnt either. The spinal fluid stuff is a myth.

And I dont even do either.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #50
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 View Post
Isn't it?

Weed is a natural herb. It doesnt do anything to your physical health.

E doesnt either. The spinal fluid stuff is a myth.

And I dont even do either.
Cannabis:

- it does cause lung cancer and other respiratory tract cancers (larynx, etc...)
- causes or worsens some lung diseases such as chronic bonchitis
- damages memory and concentration
- testicular atrophy and impotence
- it has also been linked to testicle cancer (but investigation is still going on to prove this, I think)

This is what I know.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #51
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

You should stick to topics you're an expert in 2003 ie. moustaches, sex and women.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #52
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cannabis:

- it does cause lung cancer and other respiratory tract cancers (larynx, etc...)
- it has also been linked to testicle cancer (but investigation is still going on to prove this, I think)

This is what I know.
Tobacco has the same kind of effects. And alcohol side effects are way worse, check WHO's reviews on the matter.
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #53
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
Tobacco has the same kind of effects. And alcohol side effects are way worse, check WHO's reviews on the matter.
I know! I'm not saying otherwise. I actually believe cannabis should be legalized. I was just letting him know that unlike what he believed, cannabis can hurt your body if you don't know how to use it.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #54
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
People can't be trusted to take care of themselves. Legalize drugs and they will of course get easier to obtain, which I think will eventually lead to more people becoming addicted and more lives ruined. I for one don't share this "if people want to destroy themselves, then let them"-attitude. (Besides, if a person becomes an addict, there is seldom only 1 person who suffers.)
so we need whom to?

All drugs should be legal. State's role should be limited to adequate regulation, as it currently does with alcohol and tobaco, and make sure proper information is available, specially for youngsters.

Last edited by JolánGagó : 02-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #55
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Alright, some people can't be trusted to take care of themselves.
I take it you aren't among those... so you decide for the less lucky others.

Quote:
Indeed. In part because the illegal ones are harder to obtain.
What? Of course it has. Perhaps not completely but certainly to a certain degree. You might have a point in a scenario where a person really is HELL-bent on getting the stuff in question, but we're talking ordinary folk here. If something is difficult to obtain, then a lot of curious people will consider it not worth the trouble.
You may call me patronizing but this is borderline naive. People aren't smart/mature enough, especially not when there's peer pressure involved.
But again, you surely are...
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #56
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Pot should be legalised. As for the others, well heroin I can't stand but it's not going to go away. I'd rather it was done with clean needles and injecting rooms under supervision.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #57
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cannabis:

This is what I know.
Only some of these are effects of marijuana use, the rest are attributed solely to smoking the plant because you are inhaling all of the harmful products of the combustion cycle. THC or other cannabinoids may be pretty safe if they are not taken in by burning the plant, although research is lacking. Smoking anything is bad for the lungs and very seldom do I smoke marijuana anymore because of this danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #58
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

All drugs should be banned.

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #59
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cannabis:

This is what I know.
Please...maybe if you smoke joints like they are cigarettes. Bigger problem then would be the thousands of dollars you are spending.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #60
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Pot should be legalised. As for the others, well heroin I can't stand but it's not going to go away. I'd rather it was done with clean needles and injecting rooms under supervision.
Heroin is very tricky. I think it's the one drug I'm not sure where I stand on. Legal or illegal, I'm open for arguments either side.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote