Which top 4 is going to be ranked highest in 2016? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will be highest ranked in 2016?

Murray 22 34.92%
Federer 3 4.76%
Nadal 3 4.76%
Djokovic 35 55.56%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #31
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which top 4 is going to be ranked highest in 2016?

Could possibly be Federer, I can see him still being top 20 at 34, but bet he'll retire. Other 3 all have grinding styles, Nadal will be gone for sure, Murray and Djokovic will be close but Murray is less flexible and runs more so I'd go with Djokovic, who is the best currently anyways.

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #32
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
Could possibly be Federer, I can see him still being top 20 at 34, but bet he'll retire. Other 3 all have grinding styles, Nadal will be gone for sure, Murray and Djokovic will be close but Murray is less flexible and runs more so I'd go with Djokovic, who is the best currently anyways.
2016 Fed will have 35.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #33
country flag stanch

stanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond reputestanch has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
Certainly. I'm just saying what I think, and according to quite a number of posts, what others seem to think too. I like how you single out my post, yet don't bring up others who share the same opinion.

What's wrong with saying Murray will last the longest? Have you seen Djokovic play? He puts far more stress on his body than Andy does. Same goes for Nadal. Federer will be far too old to be above Andy in 2016, so that leaves Andy as the highest ranked of the Big 4 then. What's wrong with that? Or are you just randomly replying to me with a sarcastic remark because it's me? How nice of you.
I like your posts.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Andy and I do think he'll be up there somewhere, around TOP 10 - 15, but still below Novak, despite Novak's tennis being more physically demanding than Andy's. I think Rafa and Roger will be retired by then.

Anyway, the thing is - I like how all of your predictions (at least most of them) turn out to be wrong. I mean, you believe Murray is the best player out there and that it's just a matter of time he wins a GS and starts dominating the Tour. It's been going on for like last three years. Although that's fine, supporting your favorite player and hoping for the best is OK but you need to be more objective. Current standings don't allow to underestimate Djokovic and Nadal and say Murray is better than the two of them. 'Cause he's not. Maybe one day...

Also, you don't have to like them (Rafa and Nole) but you must admit they're way better than the rest. I don't like Fed but, of course, I'll always say he's the GOAT in achievements and probably the most talented guy ever to play the game.

One more thing, you seem to be way too quarrelsome for someone of your age. Take it easy sometimes, you make people dislike Andy with your posts. But - what the heck - it may just be my impression...

Anyway...
stanch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #34
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

Murray's game is physically extremely demanding, his whole manner of movement relies on supreme energy and very jarring and sudden stops and starts, with immediate push offs from one direction to another. He doesn't have the ease and elasticity of movement of Djokovic and I don't think his style lends itself to longevity at all.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #35
country flag MatchFederer
-Cheese, Bacon, SOWsages-

MatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond reputeMatchFederer has a reputation beyond repute

The Serbians are crawling out of the woodwork.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #36
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which top 4 is going to be ranked highest in 2016?
The #1?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #37
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
Agassi. He played on an incredibly high level after 30.
Federer at 30 is atleast as good as Agassi at 30, Federer would also beat Clement in the AO final this year if he got such an oppurtunity.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #38
country flag hisham70

hisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond reputehisham70 has a reputation beyond repute

World ends on Dec 21, 2012.
hisham70 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:28 AM   #39
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Murray's game is physically extremely demanding, his whole manner of movement relies on supreme energy and very jarring and sudden stops and starts, with immediate push offs from one direction to another. He doesn't have the ease and elasticity of movement of Djokovic and I don't think his style lends itself to longevity at all.
Yes, Murray is the ultimate pusher, his game is just to "out-consistency" his opponents and against strong opposition he has to do a LOT of running.
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 AM   #40
country flag azure

azure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond reputeazure has a reputation beyond repute

No chance for Fedal. So it's between Murray and Nole. I'm leaning more towards Murray, maybe it's only because he hasn't won a slam yet, so I see him peaking later. Who knows.

Gasquet, Simon, Ferrer, Hewitt, Wawrinka, Kyrgios
azure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote