Which top 4 is going to be ranked highest in 2016? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will be highest ranked in 2016?

Murray 22 34.92%
Federer 3 4.76%
Nadal 3 4.76%
Djokovic 35 55.56%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which top 4 is going to be ranked highest in 2016?

Well, we have Murray, Federer, Nadal and Djokovic dominating like no other top 4 and the young generation really dont look all that promising. Federer is 30 going for 31, Nadal 25 turning 26 and the other 2 will be 25 this year.

3 of them at peak age, but all 3 also play very physically demanding tennis, specially Djokovic and Nadal and it is difficult to see how they can survive when they lose half a step and some of their athletisism. Murray depends alot on his defensive game but seems to have more options, he is a good volleyer and doesnt make crazy athletic defensive movements (sliding, stretching on hardcourt) but depends more on good reading of the game.

Federer will be going for 35 that year, with his slow declining rate it looks like he might still be around if he will still be competitive in slams.

So I would like to hear from you if you think any of the 4 will still be around in the elite of the game by 2016?

If so, who is going to be ranked highest?

Personally I think Murray is going to be still a good player at 29, I see no signs of him puting too heavy physical strain on his body, neither that he lives and die by his athletisism.

Federer is going to be nr2 among them in my opinion, like Agassi but better in his decline, I see him as a top 5 player at almost 35, always a contender in Wimbledon and Usopen atleast.

Djokovic will still be around but hardly the same player he was between 2011-2013, he will decline fast after 2014 but not fall like a bomb, specially since the new generation will not fully replace this old generation, much like the Haas/Kuerten/Moya generation couldnt fully replace Agassi and Sampras. We will have to wait for the generation born in 95-96 to see if they have what it takes to fill the gap.

Nadal I see retiring with some big injury, his game will suddenly look quite worthless when he loses a half step, despite his big forehand his game depends on him running down his opponents flat shots, it is the nature of his game when moonballing high up on opponents backhands you get bombs back crosscourt and Nadal needs to be there always exactly at time with his full stretched forehand, same goes for approach shots when opponents go to the net. Can anyone see him doing that at 30?

I certanly cant.
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which top 4 is going to be ranked highest in 2016?

Nadal and Federer both will be retired by 2016.
Murray will be out of top 20 no doubt, Djokovic will be around top 10-20. These dudes are too physical to be top players for four more years.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
country flag GasquetFan

GasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic.
GasquetFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Personally I think Murray is going to be still a good player at 29, I see no signs of him puting too heavy physical strain on his body, neither that he lives and die by his athletisism.
Murray depends on his physical form, which won't be as good as now. He has no forehand at all, and with time it will be even weaker. Once he is getting slower, he can't beat decent shotmakers. Djokovic has a brighter future, although pretty similar physically to Murray. But he has the mental, and will be experienced enough to handle these problems. Murray will always have pressure on his shoulders until he retires.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
Murray will be out of top 20 no doubt, Djokovic will be around top 10-20. These dudes are too physical to be top players for four more years.
Federer wont retire before 2016, he loves tennis too much and his style is relaxed and creative, playing tennis is very enjoyable for him. Also he got no injury problems, I would compare him to Rosewall, Sanotoro and Laver. Players who have fun on court stay around for more time, tennis is play and not job for them.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is unintentionally hilarious.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

I think Murray will have the best longevity of him, Nole, and Rafa.

Federer at 35 might not be top 5, but top 10-20 for sure and always a threat for winning a slam.

Rafa at age 30, sadly, will probably still be fighting, but surely not even he can sustain his level of play and style of play for another 4 years? People have been predicting his decline since 05. He'll still be a threat at RG until he retires, but tough to see him being top 5 at age 30.

As for Djokovic, he has not as many miles on his body as Nadal has, but his style I think is just as if not more demanding than Rafa's. At 28-29, he'll still be competitive, sure. Top 5 possibly, top 10 surely, top 15 at worst barring major injury.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
Banned!

Quote:
Federer wont retire before 2016, he loves tennis too much and his style is relaxed and creative, playing tennis is very enjoyable for him. Also he got no injury problems, I would compare him to Rosewall, Sanotoro and Laver. Players who have fun on court stay around for more time, tennis is play and not job for them.
Santoro had nothing to lose by making a clown of himself.
Federer has too incredible records to allow himself to become the "old clown" of the tour.
I would say he will play until 2013-14 at max if he cares.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

i dont give a damn what happens in 2016.

now i do worry about what will happen in 3016. that is some cause of concern for me.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
country flag Shinoj

Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute

No way Federer is going to be there. Can hardly see him play beyond 2013. No way. Rest are up to destiny.They can go any way
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
country flag sexybeast

Quote:
Santoro had nothing to lose by making a clown of himself.
Federer has incredible records to become the "old clown" of the tour.
I would say he will play until 2013-14 at max if he cares.
No one sees old players as "old clowns", no one thought of Agassi that way. Also the young generation (Tomic, Harrison, Dmitrov) are not good enought to make old Federer look like a clown.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #12
Banned!

Quote:
No one sees old players as "old clowns", no one thought of Agassi that way. Also the young generation (Tomic, Harrison, Dmitrov) are not good enought to make old Federer look like a clown.
Tomic will beat a top 4 player this year in my opinion. I think we can agree that in 4 years he will be good enough to beat the current top 4. It's not really mystery.
Agassi was not a clown even at 35, but he played slam final here and there. I doubt Federer could play slam finals at the age of 33-34, let alone 35.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
country flag sexybeast

Quote:
Who is going to dominate tennis then? Tomic? Dimitrov? Harrison?

Cmon, they are almost 20 and nowhere near as good as Djokovic, Federer and Nadal were at their age. This is not a great generation coming up, no one is going to fill the gap.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
Banned!

Quote:
Who is going to dominate tennis then? Tomic? Dimitrov? Harrison?

Cmon, they are almost 20 and nowhere near as good as Djokovic, Federer and Nadal were at their age. This is not a great generation coming up, no one is going to fill the gap.
I have no idea who will dominate, I admit it. But it's obvious his name won't be Federer or Murray.
I don't understand people. Even if top 4 looks so strong today, you cannot expect them to do it 4 years later. I understand you want these 4 to dominate until the age of 40, but it's the nature
of sports.

To be honest I would enjoy a 1998-2001 type of era in the coming years. Lots of changes on the top, with plenty of good players. Of course, outside of Tomic I cannot see anybody with a potential for that.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the World is going to end this year?
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote