Tennis Tipping #14 - Marseille - Congratulations mateusz2904 x2 and *Jean*! - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #181
country flag mateusz2904

mateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond reputemateusz2904 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #14 - Marseille - Tuesday Deadline 11.30 am CET! PICKS TO MAHQZ!

Sorry ostm89
Sorry Peta Pan and Deathless Mortal
Kunitsyn played for me today. I feel sorry for you Jean that you're already out in singles here, but we still have some chances to win the doubles crown

"It's one of those wonderful correlations between tennis and life: the only way to succeed where you've failed before is not to dwell on the past, but to keep your mind on the task before you"JB

TT SINGLES: 11 Salzburg'10, Barletta'11, Umag'11, Winston-Salem'11, Marseille'12, Nice'12
TT DOUBLES: 12 Bergamo'11, Nottingham (2)'11, Basel'11, Marseille'12, Indian Wells'12, Saint Brieuc'12, Umag'12, Beijing'12, Tyumen'12, Miami'13
mateusz2904 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #182
country flag kingroger

kingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #14 - Marseille - Monday Deadline is 12 noon CET! PICKS TO MAHQZ!

Tuesday Interview

Eurofighter, the 6th seed from Germany, at the press conference after his win over local hero *Jean* from Marseille...

--------------------

Q: Eurofighter, that was a really close win today. What was going on out there?

Well, it was a tough fight, I had many close matches lately!
Jean knows me really well, as we are doubles partner in DTT and that made it really hard for me but in the end I was the luckier one and I am happy about it that I was able to beat the Jean in front of his homecrowd!

Q: What was your key to win the match? *Jean* and you both hit more than 20 aces, you had no breaks of serve and you eventually won in the 3rd set Tiebreak.

Well, I tried to be aggressive, wanted to go to the net more often and attack his bh as this is his weaker side!

Q: You played a Frenchman who had lots of support today. The stadium was packed, the atmosphere was great but nobody was cheering for you. How difficult was that and how did you get along with it?

well, as I said earlier, it is always tough to play a homeboy. But I actually don´t care that much about the crowd, it is a well known fact that the French audience can be rude, so I just tried to concentrate on myself.

Q: How did you handle the difficult situation to always hold serve as you knew getting broken probably means losing?

I worked with a mental coach earlier, he helped me a lot and I just tried to concentrate and play my game and I knew it that my first serve is my biggest weapon.

Q: What does such a win mean to you?

Well, I am often unlucky in my singles matches, I was top 10 last year but lately I often lost close matches where I had my chances but couldn´t take them, so every win, especially a close win after such a fight is important to me.

Q: You will face either Pauchis or bandtree in the next round. They had a long night match. How are you going to prepare and do you think you'll have a chance? You have a negative record against both of them...

Well, I don´t care much about past, tomorrow will be a new day and I will just give 100% as always and hope that it will be enough

Q: You came to Marseille with a 2012 match record of 2-6 - last year you went 0-7 before winning your first match. Describe why it has been so hard for you to get started in new seasons!

Well, as I said, In the past I was mentally not strong enough to win close matches but still managed it to get into top 10, but yeah, I often get into shape too late, I love the tournaments in summer more but this year I was able to win a round in Melbourne at least and I hope that I can improve further.

Do you think you will have a go at the title?

Well, I have same chances for the title as anyone else, I will just give my best and hope that it will work out, a title would be great obviously!

Q: Last year you played Memphis, this year Marseille... Why?

My doublespartner wanted to play in France, he hates the tournament in Memphis so I decided to join him and I trained in Germany before, so it was good to play in France anyway

Q: How did you like this tournament so far?

well, so far all is great!
Hotel is great, organizers are doing great job, I won my first round here, just not that satisfied with my doubles performance but there is still some hope there as well!

Today we had our annual Kids Day, of course you attended. What does it mean to you to spend time with kids? Did you enjoy it?

Sure, I always enjoy it to spend time with kids, they are just lovely and I am happy that so many children know me. Nice feeling when u can make them happy just bc u sign an autograph card for them or take a pic with them!

How will you spend the rest of the day?

Well, it is late now, before I was at dinner with my coach and after that I met some sexy people in the local disco but had to leave early to prepare for my next match.

Tell us about your further schedule!

well, I hope that I can stay in France till Sunday, that would be great. After Marseilles I will leave to Acapulco to play one tournament on clay, I just love it there and then I will play Indian Wells and Miami as usual and hope to win some rounds there.

Thank you very much and Good Luck
TTS:#162 (High: #121) W (2)2012: Alphen CH, Szezecin CH
TTD: #132 (High: #26)
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
DTT Singles: High: #1 - W Australian Open 2011, Madrid 2011, Tokyo 2011
DTT Doubles: High: #3 - W Wimbledon 2011, US Open 2011

Last edited by kingroger : 02-21-2012 at 03:25 PM.
kingroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #183
country flag kingroger

kingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond reputekingroger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #14 - Marseille - Tuesday Deadline 11.30 am CET! PICKS TO MAHQZ!

Wednesday OOP

Edouard Roger-Vasselin vs. Flavio Cipolla SR5
Marco Chiudinelli vs. Michael Llodra SR6
Ivan Ljubicic vs. Karol Beck SR7
Ivan Ljubicic vs. Paul-Henri Mathieu SR7
Alexander Dolgopolov vs. Lukas Rosol SR8
David Goffin vs. Janko Tipsarevic SR9
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga vs. Nicolas Mahut SR10

Matches count for Singles/Doubles QF Day 1/2.
Deadline is 10.30 am CET!
Send picks to MAHQZ NOT TO ME
Good Luck!
W (5) 2012: Caloundra CH w/TankingTheSet, Memphis w/Hellcat, Arad CH w/Marto - 2011: Cherbourg CH w/Kirilenko-Fan, Miami w/Kirilenko-Fan
Old 02-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #184
country flag kingroger

Doubles First Round Results

14:15 | (1) Tennismaster882001/Eurofighter (CRO/GER) vs. hallso/Renaud (POL/KAZ) #SRs: 10-14
14:16 | (Q) jazar/Tristanslav (GBR/SRB) vs. Eland/Zberg (NED/NED) #SRs: 9-12
10:16 | (3) Chris 84/SloKid (SCO/SLO) vs. (LL) ibreak4coffee/Bandtree (CAN/CAN) #SRs: 8-10
14:17 | (Q) Esimp/ThePhenom (CAN/ROU) vs. Colt th magnific/Cava (FRA/CZE) #SRs: 10-10

16:13 | StoGas/1987518LPF (LTU/CHN) vs. abollo/César Luiz (EGY/BRA) #SRs: 10-11
16:17 | Peta Pan/Deathless Mortal (AUS/CRO) vs. (4) mateusz2904/*Jean* (POL/FRA) #SRs: 11-11
14:10 | Björki/Pauchis (GER/ARG) vs. wtatourfan/Djalma (BRA/BRA) #SRs: 11-6
18:15 | mcarvalho/Machado (POR/POR) vs. (2) balloon/Marita (SIN/ARG) #SRs: 12-9
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #185
country flag hallso

hallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #14 - Marseille - Wednesday Deadline 10.30 am CET! PICKS TO MAHQZ!

I think you are wrong in few singles results (according to diffs surely in 5th and 8th and maybe in 2nd also)
hallso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #186
country flag Mahqz

Mahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #14 - Marseille - Wednesday Deadline 10.30 am CET! PICKS TO MAHQZ!

2 and 5 are right as no result of the SR diffs is right.

8 should be Rodrigo because he has Karol (Beck) 2:1.
TT Singles ranking: 64 (High: 52)

TT Doubles: W 2013: Winston-Salem, Sarajevo; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2012: Antalya, Tiburon; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2011: Izmir CH (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles ranking: 62 (High: 31)

-- TT Board Member --
Mahqz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #187
country flag Euroquitter
-Crazy German-

Euroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Note #2: When both players pick the loser, the shoot-out win goes to the one who gave more sets to the winner. This rule is not used when there's a retirement.
Are you sure that I lost?
Euroquitter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #188
country flag Colt th magnific

Colt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond reputeColt th magnific has a reputation beyond repute

Note #2: When both players pick the loser, the shoot-out win goes to the one who gave more sets to the winner. This rule is not used when there's a retirement.

I won. Mannarino retirement, one set for Beck. (i think).

Message to the board maybe.
RU : Delray Beach 08, Gstaad 09, Charlottesville CH 11, Marseille 12
Colt th magnific is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #189
country flag Mahqz

Mahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's not implemented in the spreadsheet. I look it up manually.

-- TT Board Member --
Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #190
country flag Mahqz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt th magnific View Post

I won. Mannarino retirement, one set for Beck. (i think).

Message to the board maybe.
You're right I think. I'll gonna ask in managers thread as I'm not sure about match #2 as the only diff was 21/20 Mannarino.

-- TT Board Member --
Old 02-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #191
country flag Mahqz

I'll go to bed now, as I have to get up early tomorrow. I don't know if kingroger is still awake. So if you're not sure about your result please send ypur picks to me. I hope tomorrow morning we have a final result and I can do new diffs.

Sorry for these problems! :O

-- TT Board Member --
Old 02-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #192
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

Did you put that Goffin won 2-0 in the spreadsheet??

00:00 | Pauchis (ARG) vs. (6) Eurofighter (GER) - Same winners; SR Differences: Mannarino 2-1 v 2-0

This should be decided by PTS

00:00 | (8) Kitty Tennis (USA) vs. Colt th magnific (FRA) - Same winners; SR Differences: Mannarino 2-1 v 2-0, Mathieu 2-0 v 2-1, Bachinger 2-0 v 2-1

Here Colt th magnific wins on SR Shootout 2 giving a set to Beck

00:00 | RodrigoR3 (BRA) vs. Eland (NED) - Mannarino, Karol vs. Goffin, Mathieu SR Differences: Mannarino 2-0 vs. Goffin 2-0, Karol 2-1 vs. Mathieu 2-0

RodrigoR3 should win on SR he had Beck 2-1 while Eland didn't have a correct SR Diff
Old 02-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #193
country flag kingroger

Sorry guys I'm from my phone now...
All I can say is that I put in the correct results into the spreadsheet

Maybe Mahqz can fix it
Old 02-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #194
country flag hallso

hallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
Did you put that Goffin won 2-0 in the spreadsheet??

00:00 | Pauchis (ARG) vs. (6) Eurofighter (GER) - Same winners; SR Differences: Mannarino 2-1 v 2-0

This should be decided by PTS

00:00 | (8) Kitty Tennis (USA) vs. Colt th magnific (FRA) - Same winners; SR Differences: Mannarino 2-1 v 2-0, Mathieu 2-0 v 2-1, Bachinger 2-0 v 2-1

Here Colt th magnific wins on SR Shootout 2 giving a set to Beck

00:00 | RodrigoR3 (BRA) vs. Eland (NED) - Mannarino, Karol vs. Goffin, Mathieu SR Differences: Mannarino 2-0 vs. Goffin 2-0, Karol 2-1 vs. Mathieu 2-0

RodrigoR3 should win on SR he had Beck 2-1 while Eland didn't have a correct SR Diff
Eurofighter wins thanks to the CB (PTS doesn't count when it's ret.)
other 2 are correct

not the fairest way maybe, but stick to the rules
hallso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #195
country flag Euroquitter
-Crazy German-

Euroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond reputeEuroquitter has a reputation beyond repute

^^ yes, that is what I think as well!
Would be really unlucky for Pauchis () but rules aren´t always fair anyway ( I just say Darcis vs. Serra in Melbourne )
Euroquitter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote