Davis Cup 2012 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Davis Cup 2012

Davis Cup 2012.

I don't understand David.
He perfectly knows that there is no chance for Argentinians to win DC ever... (if they couldnot do it at home last time...)
and anyway he is going to play that f-n dc competicion again...
every player, including Del Pony, Chela, J. Monaco, etc... are busy now to win something just to themselfs personaly...

and what, only David wants be the "hero" ?

Last edited by Stephan : 02-03-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup 2012

vs.

Tie preview

Somewhat surprisingly, Germany have only defeated Argentina once in the last 75 years. The Germans won the first meeting between the two nations in 1936, but they had to wait until 1991 before tasting success again. Argentina romped to a whitewash win in the most recent clash, in 2003, which extends their overall head-to-head advantage to 5-2.

Germany will be hoping for a repeat of 12 months ago when they recorded a memorable fifth rubber victory over Croatia in the World Group first round, although they then slipped to defeat against France in the next round. The Germans are three-time Davis Cup champions with all their wins arriving during a dominant period in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Argentina, on the other hand, have never managed to lift the Davis Cup trophy despite reaching the Final on four occasions, including last season when they lost to Spain in Seville. This gives them the unwanted record of being the only Davis Cup nation to finish runner-up on four occasions without ever winning the title.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
country flag Stephan

Germany

Florian MAYER
Date of birth: 05 Oct 1983
Singles ranking: 21

Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER
Date of birth: 16 Oct 1983
Singles ranking: 33

Philipp PETZSCHNER
Date of birth: 24 Mar 1984
Singles ranking: 56

Tommy HAAS
Date of birth: 03 Apr 1978
Singles ranking: 170

Argentina

Juan Ignacio CHELA
Date of birth: 30 Aug 1979
Singles ranking: 25

Juan MONACO
Date of birth: 29 Mar 1984
Singles ranking: 29

David NALBANDIAN
Date of birth: 01 Jan 1982
Singles ranking: 86

Eduardo SCHWANK
Date of birth: 23 Apr 1986
Singles ranking: 157
Old 02-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #4
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Davis Cup 2012.

I don't understand David.
He perfectly knows that there is no chance for Argentinians to win DC ever... (if they couldnot do it at home last time...)
and anyway he is going to play that f-n dc competicion again...
every player, including Del Pony, Chela, etc... are busy now to win something
just to themselfs personaly...

and what, only David wants be the "hero" ?

DC is huge in Argentina. Much more important than in other countries.
So winning it would be huge as well, even more so because it would be the first time.
And that's what David wants, to win DC for his country and go down in Argentine sports history.
It's always been that way throughout his career and it's not going to change unless they finally win it.
Still, I'd also say that it's his DC obsession that has kept him going.
Despite Mar del Plata, a disaster of truly epic proprtions but one they - including David - can only learn from.

Anyway, his schedule after Bamberg is ambitious, to say the least.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
country flag Stephan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
DC is huge in Argentina. Much more important than in other countries.
So winning it would be huge as well, even more so because it would be the first time.
And that's what David wants, to win DC for his country and go down in Argentine sports history.
It's always been that way throughout his career and it's not going to change unless they finally win it.
Still, I'd also say that it's his DC obsession that has kept him going.
Despite Mar del Plata, a disaster of truly epic proprtions but one they - including David - can only learn from.

Anyway, his schedule after Bamberg is ambitious, to say the least.
OK. We will see
Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
country flag Stephan

Tie details
Date: 10 Feb - 12 Feb 2012

Venue: Stechert Arena Bamberg, Bamberg, Germany
Start times:
Day 1: 1400 hrs (1300 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1400 hrs (1300 hrs GMT)
Day 3: 1300 hrs (1200 hrs GMT)
Surface: Clay (Red Clay), Indoor
Ball: Dunlop Fort Clay Court
Old 02-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

You know how Nalby loves DC..it's his own passion, like the arrogant Swiss is obsessed by GS...all players have their goal, Nalby's one is to win DC
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:14 AM   #8
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, Federer has played more DC matches than David and altogether only two ties less than David.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
country flag Stephan

F. Mayer
vs.
D. Nalbandian

I have bad fillings about this match...
Mayer is, like wavrinka, difficult opponent for David...
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
country flag Stephan

Dont be afraid Dave, we will support you
Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Difficult match for David, Mayer will make him run a lot with his vicious dropshots...hope Pico can win so it'll be easier for David.
Vamos Argentina !!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #12
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

Monaco won the first set, hope he can continue like that
Old 02-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
country flag Stephan

David won vs F. Meyer
3-1 (2-6, 6-0,6-1, 7-6)
I did not watch that match, from the score looks like it was easy only in the middle of the match...
start and finish were worse..
Congratulations to Dave!

Isner could beat Federer this time
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
country flag Stephan

David looks brave! and he points on Spain?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
country flag Nefertari

Nefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond repute

Very good start for the Argentinian boys! Vamos!
Nefertari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote