Richard's Winter Season / US Trip 2012- Miami - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #31
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard's Winter Season / US Trip 2012- Montpellier

Richard looses 2/6 6/3 3/6

Kohli played very well and served great/massive hitting 18 ACES!!!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #32
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously... I have tickets for the semis and he loses in the quarters. La poisse...
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #33
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

For Richard, it is getting more and more difficult to beat somebody decent who is on. His game is just not dynamic enough, not enough variety, not enough control of the points.
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #34
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Richie

kohli was just too good today

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #35
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

The better, more aggressive player won. Richard was that player for the second set but unfortunately it takes at least 2 sets to win a match. Kohli played well and served very well but that's no excuse for Richard loosing his serve so many times.

Same story - flashes of brilliant aggressive play that can't be sustained for an entire match. Maybe someday....

Last edited by Schu : 02-03-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #36
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richard's Winter Season / US Trip 2012- Rotterdam

Richard knows he has to be aggressive from point 1 and not starting from the 2nd set. I'm expect him to take the game to his opponents and not wait for the other guy to make the errors. Sometimes it will work against the lower ranked players but not against the top players. But like I said Richard knows this therefore I'm expecting him to improve this very soon.

Anyway onto Rotterdam which is 1 of the quickest courts in the ATP calender so Richard will need to play well and not stand 10 feet behind the baseline!!
Also some points to be picked up as he didn't play it last year due to injury so it can relax his points from Dubai which he's defending SF place. Marseille can also help for the same reason as he didn't play it last year.
So I'm hopeful he can move up in the rankings by doing well in those 2 tournaments especially. He's currently at No. 16 in the world, with Soderling injured and Lopez not much points in front of him, I'm hopeful he can reach the No. 14 ranking.

Always onwards and upwards, even after a defeat!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #37
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
Richard knows he has to be aggressive from point 1 and not starting from the 2nd set. But like I said Richard knows this therefore I'm expecting him to improve this very soon.

Always onwards and upwards, even after a defeat!!
This has been an issue for years (Eric even talked about needing to do this) so I'm not so sure about the imporvement "very soon" but LOVE your optimistic view.

At this stage of his career it's going to be very hard to fundamentally change. His stroke technique makes it harder for him to play an aggressive baseline game on a consistent basis, especially on a quick court, and it's just not something that seems to be in his nature. He's shown that he can do it but when things get close he reverts to his "comfort zone" maybe because that's what is more natural for him or maybe because in pressure situations it is too hard to execute the aggressive game with his technique (or maybe a bit of both)

Anyway as you say onward and upward - I'm just not expecting much until clay/grass which seem to suit him and his game a little better.
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #38
country flag ImmzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
This has been an issue for years (Eric even talked about needing to do this) so I'm not so sure about the imporvement "very soon" but LOVE your optimistic view.

At this stage of his career it's going to be very hard to fundamentally change. His stroke technique makes it harder for him to play an aggressive baseline game on a consistent basis, especially on a quick court, and it's just not something that seems to be in his nature. He's shown that he can do it but when things get close he reverts to his "comfort zone" maybe because that's what is more natural for him or maybe because in pressure situations it is too hard to execute the aggressive game with his technique (or maybe a bit of both)

Anyway as you say onward and upward - I'm just not expecting much until clay/grass which seem to suit him and his game a little better.
Yeah, actually he might not improve that right away. It's just because he talks about being more aggressive and he's working on that part of the game. I would just like him to move his opponents around with his backhand instead of hitting high top spin backhands.

All the best Richard!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #39
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Just came here to wish you guys and girls all the best for the rest of the year with your man Gasquet. I really hope he can have a good year and to be totally honest I do want him to reach another GS QF so I hope he does achieve that.

Jason
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #40
country flag ImmzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Just came here to wish you guys and girls all the best for the rest of the year with your man Gasquet. I really hope he can have a good year and to be totally honest I do want him to reach another GS QF so I hope he does achieve that.

Jason
Good to see you here, Mr Jason!

Yes, it would be great if Gasquet can reach another Grand Slam QF. We all knew you were a "little" Gasquet fan. Yes, it would be great if he can play the full season and have a good year overall!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #41
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post

Jason
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #42
country flag GasquetFan

GasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond repute

Lost second set to Cipolla 1-6
GasquetFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #43
country flag ImmzB

Richard has started the 3rd better than the 2nd, he leads 2-1 on serve!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #44
country flag ImmzB

Richard breaks and leads *3/1. Hold now Richard!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #45
country flag GasquetFan

GasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetFan has a reputation beyond repute

Wins 3rd set 6-1, good job
GasquetFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote