Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #46
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
I opened exactly the same thread yesterday but it was closed after few posts . good moderating
Because you opened it, perhaps?
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #47

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal is first one who is 3 times runner-up in a row in GS finals!!!

Scary thought: Had it not been for Novak's intervention, Nadal might have had 13 slams by now!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Old 01-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #48
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Scary thought: Had it not been for Novak's intervention, Nadal might have had 13 slams by now!
Had it not been for Nadal's intervention, Federer would have had 22 Grand Slams (AT LEAST) now.

just the way sport works. Could have, can have - doesnt matter. Tis what it is.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #49
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherling View Post
I am not going to call you stupid for your misunderstanding of what I wrote. If you just cared to re-read what I wrote you'd see that I never made up some facts but used only my evidently hazy memory and said so at least twice. But it calling someone stupid makes you happy, so be it.

I guess I should finally realize what kind of forum actually this is. Thanks for helping.
touche.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Had it not been for Nadal's intervention, Federer would have had 22 Grand Slams (AT LEAST) now.

just the way sport works. Could have, can have - doesnt matter. Tis what it is.
yes, but Roger winning 22 isn't scary. Nadal creeping closer to Roger's 16 is.

Think of what it would be like if Nadal moonballed his way to 17 slams, had not Djokovic grown stronger? Generations of tennis players would be fed on the thought that moonballing is the way to win grandslams. In fact, what you do the first time when you hold a tennis racket - which is put the ball on court - can get you slams. Talent, technique count for nothing. Only fistpumping and moonballing will get you 17. Scary!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #51
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
yes, but Roger winning 22 isn't scary. Nadal creeping closer to Roger's 16 is.

Think of what it would be like if Nadal moonballed his way to 17 slams, had not Djokovic grown stronger? Generations of tennis players would be fed on the thought that moonballing is the way to win grandslams. In fact, what you do the first time when you hold a tennis racket - which is put the ball on court - can get you slams. Talent, technique count for nothing. Only fistpumping and moonballing will get you 17. Scary!
In short, Nole saved tennis, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #52
country flag blackwell

blackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond reputeblackwell has a reputation beyond repute

Nadull can get the Rafa Silver Plate at RG
blackwell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:13 AM   #53
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherling View Post
I am not going to call you stupid for your misunderstanding of what I wrote. If you just cared to re-read what I wrote you'd see that I never made up some facts but used only my evidently hazy memory and said so at least twice. But it calling someone stupid makes you happy, so be it.

I guess I should finally realize what kind of forum actually this is. Thanks for helping.
You're on the internet pal, you can bother looking up what you remember to verify them as facts before posting them. Posting nonsense gibberish based on your hazy memory and personal bias (which you admitted) does make you stupid. I misunderstood nothing, you posted wrong stuff and you admitted it and now you're claiming it to be a fail of reading comprehension on my part. Next time, look your shit up.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #54
country flag Mystique

Mystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond reputeMystique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
In short, Nole saved tennis, no?
Nope. He is doing some amazing stuff for his career but he is in no way saving tennis. Not that he even has a chance today. Tennis cannot be saved today if ATP and ITF continue to turn a blind eye to the fact that their slowing down of surfaces had adversely affected both this sport and the players.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #55
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Nope. He is doing some amazing stuff for his career but he is in no way saving tennis. Not that he even has a chance today. Tennis cannot be saved today if ATP and ITF continue to turn a blind eye to the fact that their slowing down of surfaces had adversely affected both this sport and the players.
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 AM   #56
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute

Worrying times for Don Toni and Nadal. He lost to a man who was far from his best and had played for 5 hours in his previous match. The scoreline flattered Nadal. Djokovic's poor break-point conversion gave Nadal a sniff of a chance which he blew spectacularly. 3 in a row . Never thought a player of Nadal's class would get owned like this.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #57
country flag Flying Fox

Flying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond reputeFlying Fox has a reputation beyond repute

He wasn't owned at all in that match, it could have gone either way. And reaching 4 slam finals in a row is an achievement, not something to be ashamed of.
Flying Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #58
country flag zcess81

zcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond repute

I know this has been said many times, but it's worth repeating: if not for Nole, Nadal would be on 13 slams by now! Man, Federer must be having wet dreams about Nole these days.

David Ferrer - Leyton Hewitt - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Janko Tipsarevic - Tommy Haas

AJDE NOLE!
zcess81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #59
country flag tests

tests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
I know this has been said many times, but it's worth repeating: if not for Nole, Nadal would be on 13 slams by now! Man, Federer must be having wet dreams about Nole these days.

who would have thought a player who runs every fucking ball down would have had 13 slams in such a short period of time. Essentially, anti-tennis could have been the GOAT in tennis? scary thought
tests is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #60
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

horrible horrible, just horrible, he is on his way to get his 4th and 5th too, just horrible, poor rafa

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote