Do you consider Novak Djokovic as a legend in the game? - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you consider him a legend?

Yes 212 63.66%
No 121 36.34%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #181
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you consider Novak Djokovic as a legend in the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
I beg to differ. How has Novak taken tennis to a new level?

Federer and Nadal have taken it to a new level. Novak, being in the mix had no choice but to keep up with their levels in order to win tournaments. Kudos for having mastered the art of survival but don't overcredit the bloke. He's not a pioneer like Roger (genius, artistry) or Rafa (physical, point-to-point play).

Novak has mastered the art of survival on the new levels created by Roger and Rafa's rivalry. Hasn't taken tennis to a new level.
think what you like but all the experts disagree. McEnroe calls Novak the greatest athlete that has ever played tennis. Becker says his dominance last year was one of the greatest achievements he has ever seen. Even Sampras who never liked Novak was full of praise for him. Federer's career has been remarkable but he never managed to dominate the tour like Novak did. Even at his best, he was still getting beaten by Nadal. Novak on the other hand, reached a level that none of his competitors could match. That's doing a hell of a lot more than "surviving" as you disparagingly put it.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #182
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
STFU, BigMUG.
Truth is difficult to accept I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Thank you for your kind and most elaborate enlightening post...
Glad I was able to remind you to think properly about it. Always available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanshisan View Post
You didn't answer the question - Nole comes out at the AO 2012 and plays for 11 hours in 2 matches, the last of which was the LONGEST GS FINAL MATCH IN HISTORY - did he call for the trainer ONCE? As a `faker' and a `cheater' he should have at least done that much.

How many top players call for the trainer? Happens all the time. Federer did for `back pain' a couple days ago in the 4th rd at Wimby when it looked like he was in trouble against Malisse(!? LOL) A couple days later Fed comes out against Youzny in the quarter finals looking fantastic. No evidence of back stiffness at all. I didn't see you or anyone else screaming = Fed is a F A K E R - he didn't have any back pain against Malisse!!!

I am sure you `love tennis' - as long as your guy is winning.
You are overlooking the very long history Djokovic has faking and cheating, and putting the emphasis on the only time you have seen Federer calling a trainer while he was obviously bothered by his back.

You don't show a lot of good faith in this argument.

And as Roddick fan, I find that last line is just laughable.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #183
country flag sanshisan

sanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
I beg to differ. How has Novak taken tennis to a new level?

Federer and Nadal have taken it to a new level. Novak, being in the mix had no choice but to keep up with their levels in order to win tournaments. Kudos for having mastered the art of survival but don't overcredit the bloke. He's not a pioneer like Roger (genius, artistry) or Rafa (physical, point-to-point play).

Novak has mastered the art of survival on the new levels created by Roger and Rafa's rivalry. Hasn't taken tennis to a new level.
We are not just talking `survival' here. If that were true, Novak would still be #3 in the world. He is #1. And yes in order to beat 2 of the greatest players ever, Novak had to take tennis to a higher level.
sanshisan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #184
martinatreue

martinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond reputemartinatreue has a reputation beyond repute

Legend... not yet but definitely one of the all-time greats and rapidly approaching Legend.
martinatreue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #185
country flag sanshisan

sanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post

You are overlooking the very long history Djokovic has faking and cheating, and putting the emphasis on the only time you have seen Federer calling a trainer while he was obviously bothered by his back.

You don't show a lot of good faith in this argument.

And as Roddick fan, I find that last line is just laughable.

In your Opinion, WHEN was the last time Novak `cheated' at a match?
sanshisan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #186
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We are not just talking `survival' here. If that were true, Novak would still be #3 in the world. He is #1. And yes in order to beat 2 of the greatest players ever, Novak had to take tennis to a higher level.
This happened after those 2 greatest players slowed down, so the higher level thing is highly debatable.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #187
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
When was the last time Novak `cheated' at a match?
How is that relevant to the discussion?
Old 07-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #188
country flag Nole Rules
Banned!

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Truth? You mean your usual BS posts?
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #189
country flag Nole Rules
Banned!

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In your Opinion, WHEN was the last time Novak `cheated' at a match?
Don't waste your time. He is a pathetic Nole hater.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #190
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Truth? You mean your usual BS posts?
Not BS, truth you can't accept.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #191
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Glad I was able to remind you to think properly about it. Always available.
Joke aside, I actually think you were very rude about it.

But that's your business. Don't worry, I don't hold grudges.

Good day.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #192
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
think what you like but all the experts disagree. McEnroe calls Novak the greatest athlete that has ever played tennis. Becker says his dominance last year was one of the greatest achievements he has ever seen. Even Sampras who never liked Novak was full of praise for him. Federer's career has been remarkable but he never managed to dominate the tour like Novak did. Even at his best, he was still getting beaten by Nadal. Novak on the other hand, reached a level that none of his competitors could match. That's doing a hell of a lot more than "surviving" as you disparagingly put it.
Quote:
No.

Simply put, Novak cemented the groundwork laid by Nadal and Federer. He didn't lay the groundwork himself. Credit to him for his achievements, but if self-motivated forces like Federer and Nadal were not there, Novak wouldn't have reached such heights.

I will add, if RF and RN were not there, Novak would be about as good as Murray, no better with his NB academy style of play. Novak's level improved because he has a bigger ego than Murray and he couldn't take the constant slapping at the hands of the other two. Murray still has to come good.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #193
country flag Nole Rules
Banned!

Quote:
Not BS, truth you can't accept.
Oh I see so BS = truth for you. Okey then.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #194
country flag HelenShivers

HelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond reputeHelenShivers has a reputation beyond repute

wtf NO.
HelenShivers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #195
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

Quote:
Oh I see so BS = truth for you. Okey then.
With that username, are you sure you are not a delusional fangirl unable to accept the less admirable achievements of Nole?