Do you consider Novak Djokovic as a legend in the game? - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you consider him a legend?

Yes 211 63.55%
No 121 36.45%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #136
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you consider Novak Djokovic as a legend in the game?

Band waggon Supremo Mac said today

Nole has the best return in the history of tennis

I had to do a double take and ask myself if this guy was serious
Did he forget that he played against Connors and Andre?

Yes Nole ha a good return but let's not forget he has string tech that basically let's u hit as hard as u want Anne the ball stays in

Connors used that piece of crap t100 with zero sweet spot
Connors hit flat with little margin for error and still blasted returns

It pisses me of when Mac doesn't acknowledge his peers
Especially Ivan
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 02:00 AM   #137
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post
Band waggon Supremo Mac said today

Nole has the best return in the history of tennis

I had to do a double take and ask myself if this guy was serious
Did he forget that he played against Connors and Andre?

Yes Nole ha a good return but let's not forget he has string tech that basically let's u hit as hard as u want Anne the ball stays in

Connors used that piece of crap t100 with zero sweet spot
Connors hit flat with little margin for error and still blasted returns

It pisses me of when Mac doesn't acknowledge his peers
Especially Ivan
Oh shut up already. Not only Mac has said it, pretty much every other all time great, including Agassi himself more than just once.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #138
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

johnny mac also said that nadal is the best net player on the planet.

right. nadal is terrified of the damn net. he pushes his volleys or he tries to drop volley.

the techinque is pathetic at best.

i can volley better with my feet.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #139
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic can moonwalk on water while turning into wine.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:13 AM   #140
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Oh shut up already. Not only Mac has said it, pretty much every other all time great, including Agassi himself more than just once.
Mac is just a bandwagon jumper. He said Nadal has the best volleys at one point.

Agassi definitely the best attacking returner and he won Wimbledon in a field of fast grass and huge servers.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #141
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Verses will be passed word of mouth from generation to generation in Serbia about the marvels of a gluten-free diet.
Not even Djokovic can make Serbians forever stop eating bread.
Sorry Djokonauts, I am a fan of Federer now. I've learned over the years to appreciate his contribution to the game. No one will ever surpass this man's influence.
Federer ~ The consummate professional. Never retired once in a match. Does not go over the time limit on every point.
Since becoming a Fed Fan I have had 0 moderations
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #142
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Some say 8 slams makes you a legend and yet you need to put Mcenroe with 7 up there. Does Becker, Edberg and Wilander just fall short?

There are no absolute boundaries, everyone go around with their own definition of what a legend of the sport is.

One thing I am pretty sure about is that Courier definetly falls short and few mention him with such high regard as calling him a legend. Novak has gone far beyond that limit already, the 2011 year alone is legendary by every means.

If he wins a couple more slams he will be there beoyond a doubt, he is starting to climb that ladder to greatness now, winning Wimbledon and Usopen and he climbs above Wilander, Edberg and Becker.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #143
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

No way, Jose.

Only after his career ended; we can analyze where he stands. He could be midget legend; far behind Rafa and Feddy.
swebright is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #144
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

mac is up there. go try to snatch 77 quality doubles titles. it is almost mission impossible.

i dont like the jerk but there is no way to argue with his record:

77 singles titles and 77 doubles titles. that is sick.

it shows total mastery of the game.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:21 AM   #145
country flag DemiCrayanhan

DemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond reputeDemiCrayanhan has a reputation beyond repute

very rarely one can become a legend in the middle of his career. imo, it's a bit too early to tell for djokovic...if all he ends up with is what he's done so far, he's as big a legend as, oh i don't know, wilander? but then he's got immense potential to be much greater when it's all said and done.

The Yin-Yang of Tennis

"Seemingly contrary forces which are not only interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, but only give rise to each other in turn."
DemiCrayanhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #146
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet. In the field I only think in Federer as a legend, maybe because he is closer to retire too. Nadal is close.Djokovic has a lot of work to do, I'd like him to win at least 10 slams, and Roland Garros at least once.
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #147
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Nole has legend potential, but he's not there yet. I'm sure he's gonna be though, with 10+ GS titles and many more epic games.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #148
country flag zcess81

zcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond repute

Being a legend of the game is as much about grand slam count as it is about memorable moments that will be repeated over and over again. Nole's reaction (and subsequent crowd roar) after saving 1st match point against Fed at USO is one of those moments that will be in hall of fame, repeated on TV year after year. So, yes, I think he is a tennis legend already, or should I say, he'd become a tennis legend if he retired from tennis tomorrow. Safin, Hewitt and Roddick are considered legends by many, so why not Nole?

David Ferrer - Leyton Hewitt - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Janko Tipsarevic - Tommy Haas

AJDE NOLE!
zcess81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:59 PM   #149
country flag sanshisan

sanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond repute

Correct - if Nole retired tomorrow alot of people would miss his presence on the court. Nole has RAISED THE BAR in tennis in more ways than one.

Look how many top players have been influenced by him. Nole goes on a special gluten free diet and loses weight (he was already skinny) and Andy Murray announces he is on a gluten free diet. And look how much weight Andy has shed! His legs were like tree trunks before. With the exception of Federer, most of the top players have gone on diets and lost weight. Have you noticed? Nadal's famed butt has definitely shrunk.

Novak uses yoga and meditation to make his tensile strength and FLEXIBILTY legendary. Now this kind of training is a perequisite.

Novak has brought HUMOR/Personality/Intelligence into the game. Before many top players were either bad tempered (MacEnroe)or had no personality at all (Lendl). Besides Serbian, Novak speaks how many languages? English, Italian, German. Everywhere he goes, even in China, Nole makes sure to address the crowd in at least a few words of their language.

Novak has raised the public's expectations of who tennis players are - REAL PEOPLE not just empty icons. He has raised the bar not only for excellence in the sport but brings a more complete personality to the game. Novak has made tennis more FUN. How many times have Novak's video's been viewed on Youtube? The guy has a great zest for life and is genuinely funny. Sure Federer and Nadal can sit there and have a giggle attack (Youtube) but Novak is genuinely witty and hilarious. Very few people can bring that off. And millions around the world love him for this.
sanshisan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #150
country flag ServeVolley
Banned!

ServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond reputeServeVolley has a reputation beyond repute

He's a legend, yes. The 43-match winning streak, domination of Federer and Nadal in 2011, mental strength against Federer in USO-11, and Tsonga RG-12, etc.

A long way off contending for GOAT, but a legend without doubt.
ServeVolley is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote