Djokovic complains about Belgian Davis Cup clay courts. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Djokovic complains about Belgian Davis Cup clay courts.

Just saw on his FB Djokovic complaining about the indoor clay courts at Spiroudome de Charleroi, Belgium.

Relevant bit:
Quote:
...We are both very careful and taking extra care about my body because the conditions for play are quite dangerous not only for me and my team, but also for the hosts. I am certain that clay court had to be better, although I do believe that people from organization did their best. Unfortunately, sometimes that is not enough and now we are all facing a very tough challenge ahead of us - how to avoid getting injured.
Health should be everyones priority and I am sad that this weekend we will not be able to perform a good quality tennis for the people who looked forward to this tie and bought tickets.
Either this is the usual Davis Cup smack talk about the opponent's courts, or Djokovic is being whiny, or they're actually horrific courts.

Last edited by Slice Winner : 01-31-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
country flag cveks

cveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic complaints about Belgian Davis Cup clay courts.

This is what Novak says

Quote:
Novak Djokovic
Anyone remembers this guy? Miljan is now proud father of two beautiful girls Missed him in Australia, but he is back! We are both very careful and taking extra care about my body because the conditions for play are quite dangerous not only for me and my team, but also for the hosts. I am certain that clay court had to be better, although I do believe that people from organization did their best. Unfortunately, sometimes that is not enough and now we are all facing a very tough challenge ahead of us - how to avoid getting injured.
Health should be everyones priority and I am sad that this weekend we will not be able to perform a good quality tennis for the people who looked forward to this tie and bought tickets.

Court is bad....

If Berdych can't keep a double break lead I'm done with tennis.
Djokovic took set 6-4 against Berdych.

Quote:
“Does Djokovic resemble myself?” Agassi said. “No, he is even better. He defends really well, while I struggled more in that element of the game. Novak looks totally relaxed when defending, completely calm and the quality of his return is incredible. He is also extremely flexible in his game, which is facilitated by his ability to anticipate his rival’s moves. That is why I think he is a much more versatile player than I was and he is also much more athletic.”
cveks is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic complaints about Belgian Davis Cup clay courts.

He'll tank to Rochus to have a bad H2H with him, and then he can say to Nadal after beating him in RG2013 "You see, Rafito? Our H2H doesn't matter, I have a bad H2H with Rochus, and I think we can agree i'm better than him".

And Rafa will say something like "Yes, yes, Roger was the favorite."
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic complains about Belgian Davis Cup clay courts.

saw a video somewhere of the court...it is truly terrible, even by davis cup standards.
playing winter tennis in belgrade is a shitty experience, heating is dire and most of the courts are airdome crap and clay. clay has its set of moisture management problems indoors that only the best folks seem to be able to sort out. that said, belgian court looks worse than the one i currently play at, and i bitch about it constantly.
reading reports makes its worse. the roof is leaking at four spots, creating holes, and clay was laid on top of the parquet floor. go figure.
serbia has been guilty of planting some indoor sand dunes...but this one looks even worse. just stick to hc indoors, ffs.
NID is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
Either this is the usual Davis Cup smack talk about the opponent's courts, or Djokovic is being whiny, or they're actually horrific courts.
the courts are surely bad (Goffin says it's too wet but it will be better for the matches) even though the Belgian Davis cup captain says Serbians exaggerate a little bit :

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actuali...surface/346943

Djokovic says it's the worst court he's ever played on in Davis cup, the court is very hard and has been put on a wooden floor. He says when they try to slide, their feet get stuck into the ground.

Sounds like similar problems as for the Swiss Davis cup match last year against the USA.

Even thought it seems to me that the Belgians are very much used to playing on clay indoors in Davis cup, including in that time of the year. And I think the place where they play is a common place for Belgium to play Davis cup.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Djokovic says it's the worst court he's ever played on in Davis cup, the court is very hard and has been put on a wooden floor. He says when they try to slide, their feet get stuck into the ground.
Yep. Tennis on wood. Romania is always trying this when playing against a higher rated nation at home. The fail.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed, according to Serbian media he literally said "This is the worst court I have ever played on"
ssin is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

Being a whiner isn't becoming of a #1 player
Fishnet is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic hates any surface he can't slide on - the surprise is that this time (like Madrid) - it's a clay court.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

I have bad experience with indoor claycourts too. It's just a no go.
The courts become so hard it's like a hardcourt with some sand over it, you don't know should you slide or not. So it's impossible to play your best tennis if you don'tknow how to move and are afraid of getting injured all the time.
Well,that was the problem here in my town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
Shut up.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
Petra Quitova
Stan the Slam?
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #11
country flag Fishnet
Banned!

Fishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond reputeFishnet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateya View Post
Shut up.
Why so aggressive?
Fishnet is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

We'll see tomorrow,but either way Belgium have a good chance winning the tie.The home team accusing the Serbs of exaggeratingFingers crossed no one gets injured.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #13
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice Winner View Post
Is he going to skip DC next year now ??

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #14
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
what does this mean? English please?

now, I don't even know why Djokovic is bothering playing DC. Even Belgians are complaining about the surface. who the heck plays on indoor clay?

Tipsy is 'injured', but he is always 'injured'. The Serbian team seems to depend on Djokovic too much. whatever.

Last edited by Alex999 : 01-31-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #15
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

He's probably telling the truth.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...-davis-cup-tie
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread