AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #91
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

how he did that, I don't know. He has nerves of steel :sobbing
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #92
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond reputehomogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Novak's play was abysmal for 1,5 set (unable to win a long rally or put a serve in to save his life)and Andy still had to save SPs in the 3rd and was pushed to a tb
The only positive thing for him is that he didn't give up in the 5th and did a great job to come back from 2-5 but at the end of the day he still had not what it takes.
Don't know what to think of Novak's form but it was a great fight and he went for his shots when it really matters.

PS : Lendl
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #93
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Epic. NOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Murray showed huge balls coming back in the fifth set.

First 3 sets were a bit nervy with a lot of breaks. Both players didn't really want to attack much, probably partly because of the tension and partly because they are so quick that the reward from aggressive play isn't sufficient compared to the risk.

4th set, Djokovic opened his shoulders and Murray seemed gassed. 5th went similarly until Djokovic served from the set, Murray broke with awesome play and caught second wind. Then Djokovic faces 3 break points at 5-5 and saves his serve from 15-40 down. Breaks Murray to 15 with great tennis.

Really hope that Nole can recover, he did recover at USO but he has seemed gassed in the middle of a few matches here, in the Ferrer match and in this match as well.
Yet he still manages to win 3 hours after fatigue sets in.

I admire him as a player, but I just can't see past the bullshit.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #94
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swim4life227 View Post
Not sure if they showed where you were watching but ESPN confirmed with Shot Spot that the lob was out.
Eurosport, with the old-fogey, Djokovic has to beat Murray!, commentator
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #95
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

plus murray is old as fuck to start winning slams in the future. He is older than djokovic lol
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #96
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Incredible effort from both players, but Djokovic played bigger when it counted at the end. That brought back memories of the Nadal/Verdasco 5 hour+ SF in 2009 in terms of how gruelling a test it was.

I went into this match thinking Murray would go fold easily when he faced the pressure, but it wasn't that way at all. He fought harder and was clutcher than I've ever seen him. That bodes well for him going forward in 2012. The talent is clearly there to beat the best and he appears to be finding the heart.

Djovokic vs. Nadal in the final now. Novak owned him last season and he'll have the mental advantage because of it, so I'd have to go with him despite how hard this match was for him. You can't ever count out Rafael Nadal, though.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #97
country flag IQ32

IQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond reputeIQ32 has a reputation beyond repute

Murray played very well and his dogfight spirit(impact from Lendl's tutorials?) almost stunned Djokovic.

Hope he can do some serious thing in majors this year.

And finally Djokovic found his way to defend first big thing in his career?
IQ32 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #98
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Too big, too good

Nole making his life complicated with no reason, blew so many chances to finish this one sooner. However bloody amazing he got it through in the end the way he did, no words again

Andy had his chances too, but shouldn't be in dumps this time, he played a great match unlike last year, should carry many positives out of it.

Let's go for slam #5
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #99
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

After this, Andy needs to march out and serve serve serve endlessly. Couldn't hold serve for cupcakes.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #100
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Man that backhand miss at 5-5 was the decider. It would have been great to see Murray pull out the comeback.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #101
country flag Priam

Priam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond repute

Hats off to Djokovic for winning, really thought he'd get broken in the 5-5 game. Murray will be kicking himself. Pretty tough loss to swallow.

But hats off also to Lendl for planting the seeds in Murray's game. Should be effective come Wimby/US HC season.
Priam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #102
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Murray has nothing to be ashamed of. He didn't give up and for him that is a massive improvement in attitude . I'm disappointed of course but he gave it his all. I so wish he could have converted those BPs at 5 all in the 5th. Oh well...Can't see how Nole recovers from this to trouble Rafa on Sunday.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #103
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceOfTennis View Post
plus murray is old as fuck to start winning slams in the future. He is older than djokovic lol
Remember what I said in t'other thread. No young guys have the right game style to win one or compete except maybe Tomic if he keeps progressing.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #104
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Tremendous effort by Murray, just got tight at the critical moments. He might wish he put in a better effort in that 5-1 game in the fourth so he could have the scoreboard advantage in the 5th. Hope the slump won't be as bad this year.

Some solid posing from Djokovic in that 2nd set. Thought he'd outgrown that to be honest.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #105
country flag shadows

shadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond reputeshadows has a reputation beyond repute

Novak almost bottled it at the end of the fifth.

Telling moment when he was down bp and Murray had numerous chances to attack but chose to just rally the ball back safely, then Novak got a half chance and drilled his forehand down the line to win the point. The usual Murray story, completely incapable of deciding his own fate.
shadows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote