AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5 - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #406
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AO SF: Djokovic outmarathons Murray 6-3 3-6 6-7(4) 6-1 7-5

murray made great strides. he believes it so that is all that matters.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #407
country flag Marc23

Marc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond reputeMarc23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Murray says it was 'a very good match'
Only the 5th set can be called a good quality set, and even that might be under impression thinking because of the drama there.
Agree with you.Not a quality match...just drama added the fuel!
Marc23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #408
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic ice cube View Post
I'm under no illusion to think that if it goes into a long fifth set that it would automatically qualify as an epic match. I honestly think that this was a high quality game that was extremely tight. It was compelling to watch. I don't see how you can justify saying it was shit up until the fifth, but maybe you have your own reasons. It was certainly better than the other semi anyway.
How can you be serious and say it was a high quality match is beyond me. I will again quote someone from the livescores thread who said "Highlights from the 1st set should be 20 seconds of black screen". Up until 6-3 2-0 Murray was not even there mentally and he couldn't find his shots. Even worse, Nole didn't even do anything to get that lead. When Murray finally decided to play, Djokovic's poor stamina (which later in the match magically improved) got exploited. Third set was full of Murray's choking when it was obvious (or at least most of people thought so) that he should easily take the set due to Djokovic being injured or whatever. 4th set was a complete turnaround with Murray becoming the poor one giving up the set, with Djokovic slightly improving and finding his rhythm.
I really struggle to see how can that qualify for a quality match, even more considering the players' rankings and that it was a slam semi-final.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #409
country flag Logical
Banned!

Logical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond reputeLogical has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
murray made great strides. he believes it so that is all that matters.
CD you returned from ban?
Logical is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #410
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute

To my recollection it was a great match. I'm not going through the hassle of breaking it down bit by bit, but I believed it was high quality, enjoying the tennis throughout (granted apart from the fourth set). Just remember this is MTF, and people are extremely critical of many aspects of tennis on this board. They would call a good match a poor one concentrating on all the negative aspects of the game. I seem some great shotmaking, excellent defence, and high drama. So yeah, I really enjoyed it.

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV

Haas Tsonga Djokovic Janowicz Dolgopolov Gulbis Wawrinka Kyrgios

Hewitt is a legend

Get well soon Soderking & Juan
mystic ice cube is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #411
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To my recollection it was a great match. I'm not going through the hassle of breaking it down bit by bit, but I believed it was high quality, enjoying the tennis throughout (granted apart from the fourth set). Just remember this is MTF, and people are extremely critical of many aspects of tennis on this board. They would call a good match a poor one concentrating on all the negative aspects of the game. I seem some great shotmaking, excellent defence, and high drama. So yeah, I really enjoyed it.
I think the W/UE stat is a good unbiased fact that says about the quality of the match. They had less than a 100 winners and more than a 150 UEs combined, which IMO are bad stats.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #412

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute

These guys aren't all out attacking players. More UE's is probable. They don't throw down a number of aces either.

Hewitt is a legend

Old 01-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #413
♤23♤

Quote:
These guys aren't all out attacking players. More UE's is probable. They don't throw down a number of aces either.
Since you enjoyed the match, it's obvious that you like the long and often boring rallies that more often than not finish with someone making an unforced error. We have nothing more to say to each other. Conversation over.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #414

This isn't Robredo at each end of the tennis court. These guys were going for their shots. It just so happens that they have wonderful defence so the points happened to be longer. I love attacking tennis and excellent shotmaking, and there certainly was instances of this in the match.

Hewitt is a legend

Old 01-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #415
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I also didn't think it was a high quality match.
I don't think two defensive players going against each other often makes for entertaining watching. Anyone remember that Simon Monfils match with the 50+ shot rallies last year?

In this case, for large parts of the match, both players were totally off the boil. Novak wasn't doing his usual dictating from the baseline and instead was basically pushing. Murray was so far off form in the first set that Nole somehow won it...
Novak looked like he was ill, and was playing at about 70%. Murray is playing more offensively than usual, but still not doing much with his court positioning, and still too liable to lapse into 10m behind baseline scrambling.

This makes the Djoko-Nadal USO final 2011 look like vintage all-court attacking tennis at its best (instead of the WTA serving, baseline defense showcase that it was).

I will get flamed for having an opinion other than 'zomg dat match was 5 hrs lol EPIC'.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #416
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

first time I was impressed with Murray but yeah it was a good match, could be better
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #417
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

nice bookending to the year in the slams, this result

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Djokovic: Once a faker, always a faker.
Murray: Once a loser, always a loser. Serves him right for tanking that 4th set, and letting Djokovic find his rhythm and serve first in the 5th.

If there has ever been any doubt, now it's gone. Murray will never win a slam.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #418
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant. Deathless Mortal at his best, and he was wrong, just like every other hater around here

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 6 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 16 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $31,928,448 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 456-142...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #419
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

they went back to their caves it seems! let's hope Djokovic wins MTF so they come back to the forums
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote